• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

My passport is going to expire in 2021 Jan. Do I need to renew before my interview (I hope it will happen before May) ?

Best option is to renew your passport now. It does not matter, you mentioned your existing passport in the DS260 or already sent the passport copy. Just renew the passport and take it to the interview. There will not be any problem, because your old passport number will be mentioned in the new passport. If you not already sent the docs, send the new passport. If you have already sent the docs, just email the new passport copy after you obtain that.

Hi
I am newbie to this forum. I got selected and asked for document submission.

Could someone please explain how to obtain police report? Is it possible to apple via there online portal?

trying to apply for the police report online.. but passport and nic scanned docs can not be uploaded :(
Make sure that the file size is less than 250kb. I scanned to a PDF with high compression and upload. Got the police clearance by post in 3 weeks.

Can anyone help me. Which is the address I should I put when I apply for the police clearance report online, I mean address to be addressed ? (Ex. High Commision, US Emabsy)

Can anyone help me. Which is the address I should I put when I apply for the police clearance report online, I mean address to be addressed ? (Ex. High Commision, US Emabsy)

*High Commission/Embassy/Consulate Name (Adressee & the Name of the Authority): H.E. The Ambassador, Embassy of United States of America, Colombo

*Indicate address of the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate to which the certificate should be addressed to: U.S. Embassy Colombo, 210 Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka

*High Commission/Embassy/Consulate Name (Adressee & the Name of the Authority): H.E. The Ambassador, Embassy of United States of America, Colombo

*Indicate address of the High Commission/Embassy/Consulate to which the certificate should be addressed to: U.S. Embassy Colombo, 210 Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Is this same for uploading the documents for KCC??

Is this same for uploading the documents for KCC??
Yes, after you fill the form with the above details submit and make the online payment, you will get the police clearance certificate by post to your address in about 3 weeks. Scan it and email to KCC with the other documents.

Guys, do we need to re certify any doc from ministry of foreign affairs before send to KCC?
There's no mention about such requirement in the reciprocity page for Sri Lanka: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SriLanka.html
Besides they no longer chop a seal on our documents. So there's no visible change in the documents even if you get them certified by the FM before sending them to KCC.

How to correctly certify birth-certificate?

Please refer to the above reciprocity page on how to obtain a certified extract of a birth certificate.

How to correctly certify birth-certificate?

Go to "Registrar General" Office at Battaramulla. From that place you can get a Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate and a English Translation. Both will cost you less than Rs. 500/-. Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate you can get within 2-3 hours, translation you can get on the next day. This is more official and more authenticated.

Go to "Registrar General" Office at Battaramulla. From that place you can get a Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate and a English Translation. Both will cost you less than Rs. 500/-. Certified Copy of the Birth Certificate you can get within 2-3 hours, translation you can get on the next day. This is more official and more authenticated.

For a certified original copy - Rs 100/- per copy

English Translation - Rs 500/- per copy