• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

Hi All,

I was selected for DV-2020 last year and I'll face my interview within next couple of months. when I checked qualifications in US embassy site before applying I couldn't find such info which clearly mentioned about A/L results so recently I got to know that I must have passed all 3 subjects of A/Ls when I looked into local news site. I think embassy in sri lanka changed it in 2012. although I have good results on O/Ls with all 10 subjects passed, in my case it was only 2 passes with Physics C & Chemistry S with Biology failed and English passed . with that included, currently working in Marriott International in UAE for almost 5 years plus total experience up to 8 years in a job where Onet online svp score ranges from 6-7, should I still take my chances and go ahead for the interview?
thank you
@Sameera_p
@Britsimon
@SusieQQQ

@janzz2018

Hi All,

I was selected for DV-2020 last year and I'll face my interview within next couple of months. when I checked qualifications in US embassy site before applying I couldn't find such info which clearly mentioned about A/L results so recently I got to know that I must have passed all 3 subjects of A/Ls when I looked into local news site. I think embassy in sri lanka changed it in 2012. although I have good results on O/Ls with all 10 subjects passed, in my case it was only 2 passes with Physics C & Chemistry S with Biology failed and English passed . with that included, currently working in Marriott International in UAE for almost 5 years plus total experience up to 8 years in a job where Onet online svp score ranges from 6-7, should I still take my chances and go ahead for the interview?
thank you
@Sameera_p
@Britsimon
@SusieQQQ
@janzz2018
Hi,
Me too have the same scenario ,i dont have A/L but good result in O/L, i will take the chance , only i will loose the VISA fee. Few points make sure before you go the interview ,
Check the Onet and search the relevant job whether your job under the zone 4 or 5 with svp 7 or more
Prepare your documents to prove the CO that your job is qualified for the VISA
Documents (what i believe), company profile, your Job details (JD), qualification or experiences that carry on your job all the documents should under the company letterheads.
Be positive , your mind set counts lot.
Keep in touch , me in the same boat
Reg, Nimal

Hi,
Me too have the same scenario ,i dont have A/L but good result in O/L, i will take the chance , only i will loose the VISA fee. Few points make sure before you go the interview ,
Check the Onet and search the relevant job whether your job under the zone 4 or 5 with svp 7 or more
Prepare your documents to prove the CO that your job is qualified for the VISA
Documents (what i believe), company profile, your Job details (JD), qualification or experiences that carry on your job all the documents should under the company letterheads.
Be positive , your mind set counts lot.
Keep in touch , me in the same boat
Reg, Nimal
And me too..

And me too..
Hi Warna,
What is your idea about this scenario. How are you going to face the interview?. Any other documents which we need to prepare other than specified in my reply. One more gray area to me, do we need to submit the A/L collection card to the embassy , since we dont havs A/L, will it be a negative image prior to the interview ?. please try to add more people to this tread as this will be a great case for future reference.
Thanks
Nimal

Hi Warna,
What is your idea about this scenario. How are you going to face the interview?. Any other documents which we need to prepare other than specified in my reply. One more gray area to me, do we need to submit the A/L collection card to the embassy , since we dont havs A/L, will it be a negative image prior to the interview ?. please try to add more people to this tread as this will be a great case for future reference.
Thanks
Nimal
I think you also will must applyed with your work experience ..and collect your job letters , wich you haved certificates to approve to your job..specially you check Job Zone , SVP Range .you must meet your job catergory to job zone 4 > and svp range 7-8 .I also apply with work experience ..( dont have good results by O/L and didnt do A/L) . we have to face to our interview with positive thoughts ...
whats your CN..
hey...have anyone is apply with work experience in this group ?..

Hi All,

thank you
@Sameera_p
@Britsimon
@SusieQQQ
@janzz2018
Will you apply with your work experience ?

Hi All,

thank you
@Sameera_p
@Britsimon
@SusieQQQ
@janzz2018

Your work experience doesn't meet the standard to be helpful. And if you only have 2A/L passes, then you are likely to be refused.

I think you also will must applyed with your work experience ..and collect your job letters , wich you haved certificates to approve to your job..specially you check Job Zone , SVP Range .you must meet your job catergory to job zone 4 > and svp range 7-8 .I also apply with work experience ..( dont have good results by O/L and didnt do A/L) . we have to face to our interview with positive thoughts ...
whats your CN..
hey...have anyone is apply with work experience in this group ?..
HI,
My Case number is 16xxx and i have been called for the interview in May, but seems all the interviews will be postponed due to this emergency situation. And anyone please advice me, is it advisable to produce A/L collection card since i dont have A/L, by providing this , will they have a bad image on me prior to the interview
Reg
Nimal

HI,
My Case number is 16xxx and i have been called for the interview in May, but seems all the interviews will be postponed due to this emergency situation. And anyone please advice me, is it advisable to produce A/L collection card since i dont have A/L, by providing this , will they have a bad image on me prior to the interview
Reg
Nimal
You must apply with your work experience.Its better .( Dont make fake documents ). My CN is 23×××.
I have to stay more time for interview ..Will you fill DS 5540 ?

You must apply with your work experience.Its better .( Dont make fake documents ). My CN is 23×××.
I have to stay more time for interview ..Will you fill DS 5540 ?
hi
yer, i am going to apply trough the work experience. Regarding the DS 5540, i did some research, and found this article by Bristmon, assume, for dv , we have to provide the I-134, please read the article in Bristmonsays
reg
Nimal

hi
yer, i am going to apply trough the work experience. Regarding the DS 5540, i did some research, and found this article by Bristmon, assume, for dv , we have to provide the I-134, please read the article in Bristmonsays
reg
Nimal

If you don't have ALs then use work experience to qualify, if your job is within the required SVP range and job zone. otherwise, you are wasting your time and money. Read the articles in Simons Blog from last year may. Mr. Simon explain these terms in a simple manner.

The embassy is canceling all appointments for non-immigrant and immigrant cases until further notice. About to get 2NL in few days and this happened. btw congrats for @Atlan @RSen @janzz2018 hope your life will be better in USA.

same happened to me my interview is postponed. :(:( . What to do, hope somebody will find a cure for covid-19 ASAP
@chris1984 and @yasiru89 When was it scheduled? Mine is scheduled on end of April but nothing received yet.

Hi All,

thank you
@Sameera_p
@Britsimon
@SusieQQQ
@janzz2018

@hansel According to what i've read about the process up to now-> If you want to qualify from Education qualification, then you have to pass the 3 main subjects in A/Ls. A/L Passed means passed, they don't look at A/L General English or O/L results or Degree Masters, PHDs to reconsider you.

If you don't qualify the ^above requirement, then you should have a job which should meet job category to job zone 4 > and svp range 7-8 (just Extracted from above). Even my job (related to information security and auditing) have a margin level according to their marks. (I just checked to verify whether i'm secured on this category also).
So my advice is to Read about that scoring much more from Britsimon's blog and US web site. Verify for sure that you'll qualify. Even you feel you'll qualify, confirm it from the embassy also before paying for interview.

@hansel According to what i've read about the process up to now-> If you want to qualify from Education qualification, then you have to pass the 3 main subjects in A/Ls. A/L Passed means passed, they don't look at A/L General English or O/L results or Degree Masters, PHDs to reconsider you.

If you don't qualify the ^above requirement, then you should have a job which should meet job category to job zone 4 > and svp range 7-8 (just Extracted from above). Even my job (related to information security and auditing) have a margin level according to their marks. (I just checked to verify whether i'm secured on this category also).
So my advice is to Read about that scoring much more from Britsimon's blog and US web site. Verify for sure that you'll qualify. Even you feel you'll qualify, confirm it from the embassy also before paying for interview.
Thank you very much...