• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

:) VISA APPROVED (Tentatively) :)

VISAs for me and my family got approved (tentatively) today. I have put my interview experience in http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/comment-page-19/#comment-221398

Special thanks to @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Aidyn for their valuable advises and comments. As you guys always say, it’s really important to over-prepare.

Also @Atlan: thanks a lot for sharing your experience brother. Can't forget @janzz2018 who started this thread :)
Excellent! Congrats. I would suggest activating as fast as you can given the current state of the world ....

:) VISA APPROVED (Tentatively) :)

VISAs for me and my family got approved (tentatively) today. I have put my interview experience in http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/comment-page-19/#comment-221398

Special thanks to @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Aidyn for their valuable advises and comments. As you guys always say, it’s really important to over-prepare.

Also @Atlan: thanks a lot for sharing your experience brother. Can't forget @janzz2018 who started this thread :)
Congratulations!!!

Hi All,
Visa Bulletin for May released. (Asia 18450 cutoff)

Today my case number became current. hope to receive 2NL now :). and I have a question regarding sending A/L collection card to the embassy because I don't have A/Ls(failed) instead of that I have done a bachelor's degree. so do i still need to submit my A/L collection card with photographs to the embassy?

Thanks.

Hi All,
Visa Bulletin for May released. (Asia 18450 cutoff)

Today my case number became current. hope to receive 2NL now :). and I have a question regarding sending A/L collection card to the embassy because I don't have A/Ls(failed) instead of that I have done a bachelor's degree. so do i still need to submit my A/L collection card with photographs to the embassy?

Thanks.
Then you will have to show your work experience. Please refer http://britsimonsays.com/education-or-work-experience-qualifying-for-the-dv-lottery/

Hi RSen & Sussie,
Yeah. I read almost all the articles Mr. brit wrote about qualifications. but my struggle is I have seen a discussion with CO in 2014 which was done by a daily mirror or some related newspaper. they have clearly indicated if the person is qualified through education, he or she must have an AL OR bachelor's degree. but I don't know it's still valid or not. and I didn't see a similar case in this forum or Mr brit blog that matches my scenario.

Hi RSen & Sussie,
Yeah. I read almost all the articles Mr. brit wrote about qualifications. but my struggle is I have seen a discussion with CO in 2014 which was done by a daily mirror or some related newspaper. they have clearly indicated if the person is qualified through education, he or she must have an AL OR bachelor's degree. but I don't know it's still valid or not. and I didn't see a similar case in this forum or Mr brit blog that matches my scenario.
Hi @yasiru89 , @SusieQQQ , @Britsimon : On a separate note, during my interview, when I tried to show my B.Sc, the CO clearly mentioned “B.Sc certificate is not important for this interview. We check only whether you have scored enough marks in your A/Ls to enter to a local university (i.e: passes to all compulsory subjects in your AL)

As @SusieQQQ mentioned, we'll get @Britsimon 's expert knowledge on this regard.

Hi All,

When I read educational qualifications, I thought completing A/L would be enough to be qualify for DV but now when I went through all the details I got to realize that I must have passed all 3 subjects of A/Ls. in my case it was only Physics C & Chemistry S with Biology failed. although I have good results on O/Ls with all 10 subjects passed including 6As to Mathematics and Science I kinda feel disappointing now. Should l still go ahead with the DV if I rely on Educational Qualifications?

Thanks!!!

Hi friends ...I applyed with work experience ..I didnt do A/L...Only did O/L ( have didnt good results ).Will I must take a O/L certificate ?..Please answer me friends ..

Suru DV
I did my A/L twice and I obtained highest score in my second time A/L results. My first time I passed all the subjects. BUT I entered university through my second time results.
So my matter is still do I need to get my yellow card for my first time results only.

OR is it applicable to get two yellow cards for my two sittings for A/l exam.
Appreciate commence from selectees who already had the interviews and succecfull.
Congratulations for Ur life journey in dreamland USA.
One of selectee having high CN number
Thanks.

Suru DV
I did my A/L twice and I obtained highest score in my second time A/L results. My first time I passed all the subjects. BUT I entered university through my second time results.
So my matter is still do I need to get my yellow card for my first time results only.

Appreciate commence from selectees who already had the interviews and succecfull.
Thanks.
Submitting only one card is enough. You can submit the yellow card of your second attempt which you got highest score.

Suru DV
But they asked to bring AL certificate which was issued from school. And it was given only for first attempt.
Then if I get my yellow card for second attempt will there be problem?
Thanks v much for ur prompt reply.

Suru DV
But they asked to bring AL certificate which was issued from school. And it was given only for first attempt.
Then if I get my yellow card for second attempt will there be problem?
Thanks v much for ur prompt reply.
Take both.

Suru DV

Thanks.

Get both! Err on the side of caution. Go in over prepared.

Hi friends ...I applyed with work experience ..I didnt do A/L...Only did O/L ( have didnt good results ).Will I must take a O/L certificate ?..Please answer me friends ..

Couldnt get a answer to my question ?..

Take anything and everything you think may help in getting you approved. Don’t limit yourself as to what to take along to your interview.

Couldnt get a answer to my question ?..

I personally think you should always take as much as you can, better to have it and not need it than the other way round, but the most important thing for you will be to take proper evidence of work experience. Have you read britsimon’s page on the suggested evidence?

@Britsimon what is the current state of play about using a university degree in lieu of high school?

It is still a case by case (or CO to CO) decision. The guidance as you know Susie was changed to the "at least" statement around 2 years ago. That meant there was some theoretical flexibility around the "formal course of education" aspect to the rules. It left it more open to interpretation and gave the CO more latitude to decide that the education was at least equivalent to US High School (better described as US College/University entry standard) . However, some embassies still lay down guidelines and adhere to them.

However, a Bsc would "generally" meet the standard, especially if accompanies by some "professional" work experience. And of course, people at some point may meet the work experience standard anyway, depending on the role, and length of experience.