• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Photos for your interview are required to be American sized

Gahhhh that's so annoying. We just wasted lots of money then :( haha. Paid for an extra set when we got them done for our medical.
If we take our own and measure them correctly to US size and get them printed that will be fine yeah?

Also @Aidyn does it matter if the medical photos are different ones to the VISA interview photos? Now I have to do the visa ones again.
It doesnt matter if they are different pics .. Medical ones should be Aussie sized while your Embassy Interview ones need to be US sized - the actual picture being different doesnt matter

Hi Guys, would you be able to give me an indication of the timeline of acceptance? i mean can you find out at the interview and then fly to america the next day? or do they need to post something to your current address? if you are accepted how long after the interview to you know? and how long after you're accepted can you go to the states?

I've just realised there is a mistake on my husbands DS-260. In the section where it asks you to provide the details of your last 5 trips to the US he forgot about 2 stopovers when he was on his way to a job on a cruise. Can anyone help with what the process is to fix it.

And he got off the cruise in Jamaica for a day which we also forgot about in the list of countries he'd been to for work. He was on the cruise for work, but not working in Jamaica, do we still add it to the list?

Hi Guys, would you be able to give me an indication of the timeline of acceptance? i mean can you find out at the interview and then fly to america the next day? or do they need to post something to your current address? if you are accepted how long after the interview to you know? and how long after you're accepted can you go to the states?

are you the dude in London? Anyway most embassies take about a week to get your passport with visa back to you, some faster, some slower (assuming no administrative processing). You can go as soon as you have your visa.

are you the dude in London? Anyway most embassies take about a week to get your passport with visa back to you, some faster, some slower (assuming no administrative processing). You can go as soon as you have your visa.
I am in the UK, yep! Thank you, this forum is an invaluable resource!

For those of you with houses...are you going to rent or sell? We thought about renting, but with the new CGT rules coming in at the end of June, we may be better off selling before we go!

For those of you with houses...are you going to rent or sell? We thought about renting, but with the new CGT rules coming in at the end of June, we may be better off selling before we go!
Depends on each person’s situation really - whether you plan to move back to Australia at some point, how much you have owing on your home loan, when you bought it, how desperately you need the money...

Personally my inclination is to rent the house out, though I need to investigate more thoroughly with my accountant.

We sold ours and it was the right decision: the market in Melbourne was red hot and we sold it well above reserve... which meant more money to bring over here. We didn't care about moving back to the house: we fully intended to live somewhere else if we had to return.

Bear in mind that CGT applies in the States for a primary residence so, once you're a resident you're subject to it: $250k for singles and $500K for couples (from memory).

Hey all was just wondering have new questions been added to the ds260 since the social media ones?mine has been submitted for a while interview looks like it will be March/April would I need to unlock once the new numbers come out in the next few days?? And how are we meant to know that they add stuff!

Hello, my case number is 19XX, so will hopefully go current in the coming months.
I am getting married in April. Should I email in my documents and my (soon to be) spouses documents now or wait until after the wedding when I fill out the DS260 and add him to my application.
Also I am based in London and cant seem to find the equivalent document coversheet for the UK online? Has anyone had any luck?

Hello, my case number is 19XX, so will hopefully go current in the coming months.
I am getting married in April. Should I email in my documents and my (soon to be) spouses documents now or wait until after the wedding when I fill out the DS260 and add him to my application.
Also I am based in London and cant seem to find the equivalent document coversheet for the UK online? Has anyone had any luck?

You can’t add or include the information of a soon to be spouse. You can only do so after getting married.

You can’t add or include the information of a soon to be spouse. You can only do so after getting married.
Thanks for the prompt response. I realise I can't add him until after the wedding to my DS260. But does that mean I should hold off on sending my documents as well as his documents to the KCC?