• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

How can you tell between photo copy and an original? Wouldn’t the one you order also just be a copy too? So confusing

How can you tell between photo copy and an original? Wouldn’t the one you order also just be a copy too? So confusing
I had to order a replacement last year for the DS-260. You pay a small fee, but it only took a week or two. I think you can speed up the process too.

Hi all. In regards to the Document cover sheet for interview. The boxes with the " | " in them. What does that mean? Also do we need Aus Citizenship Certs if we were born here as shown on our passports?
And do we need employment records? If so what?

Thanks again guys.

Hi all. In regards to the Document cover sheet for interview. The boxes with the " | " in them. What does that mean? Also do we need Aus Citizenship Certs if we were born here as shown on our passports?

Thanks again guys.
Oh gosh. I don’t have a document cover sheet I don’t think! Argh hope it’s not something else I’ve misplaced! Is that from the consulate? Where’s your interview again?

Hi all. In regards to the Document cover sheet for interview. The boxes with the " | " in them. What does that mean?

It's just a line. It doesn't mean anything.

Also do we need Aus Citizenship Certs if we were born here as shown on our passports?

Believe it or not, but being born in Australia is not automatic citizenship. If you are an Aussie citizen, by birth to Aussie parents, then the Birth Cert and Passport are fine.

Are you applying via education criteria or employment? If education, then no, you don't need employment records. However, if you are applying via the employment criteria, then the short answer is....everything.

The starting point is https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html

Work Experience: Submit documentation to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview demonstrating that you have two years of qualifying work experience in the last five years immediately prior to application. Qualifying work experience must be in an occupation that, by U.S. Department of Labor O*Net Online Database definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. (See the section on Confirm Your Qualifications for information about using O*Net Online.)

It's just a line. It doesn't mean anything.

Believe it or not, but being born in Australia is not automatic citizenship. If you are an Aussie citizen, by birth to Aussie parents, then the Birth Cert and Passport are fine.

Are you applying via education criteria or employment? If education, then no, you don't need employment records. However, if you are applying via the employment criteria, then the short answer is....everything.

The starting point is https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html

Ok gottya. We're via education so all good. THANKS!
Also do we need to tick the boxes of stuff we have or is that for them?

Ok gottya. We're via education so all good. THANKS!
Also do we need to tick the boxes of stuff we have or is that for them?

When you get to Sydney, pretty much the very first thing that happens is you will be asked for your docs, and they will use your cover sheets to check you have everything. I didn't tick mine, just used them to get my mountain of documents, (family application, via employment, ugh), in the correct order.

When you get to Sydney, pretty much the very first thing that happens is you will be asked for your docs, and they will use your cover sheets to check you have everything. I didn't tick mine, just used them to get my mountain of documents, (family application, via employment, ugh), in the correct order.

Ew what is the family application? Do I need that?

Ew what is the family application? Do I need that?

Sorry, no. Was just referring to the sheer volume of paperwork required for an application with multiple dependants, based on employment over education. It took me over a week of printing to get everything in order.

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding fees: upon the day of interview (at Sydney consulate), is the US$330 USCIS the only fee you need to pay? As I understand it you pay this at a window right before you hand in your documents. I assume if I pay in cash it has to be in USD, not AUD equivalent?

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding fees: upon the day of interview (at Sydney consulate), is the US$330 USCIS the only fee you need to pay? As I understand it you pay this at a window right before you hand in your documents. I assume if I pay in cash it has to be in USD, not AUD equivalent?
Yeah thats the only thing you have to pay on the day and it's per person. Once approved and before you move you also have to pay $220 USD per person for your GC - you'll be given details on how to log in to the USCIS site to do that.
I paid in USD cash on the day, you can pay with card and let the bank take care of the exchange rate - I can't remember if there was an option to pay in Aussie dollars cash.

Yeah thats the only thing you have to pay on the day and it's per person. Once approved and before you move you also have to pay $220 USD per person for your GC - you'll be given details on how to log in to the USCIS site to do that.
I paid in USD cash on the day, you can pay with card and let the bank take care of the exchange rate - I can't remember if there was an option to pay in Aussie dollars cash.
Righto thanks Aidyn that really cleared it up for me :)

Morning all! The panic is on before Medicals and interview (how’s everyone else sleeping?!). We got our photos done yesterday. They looked way different to the digital ones we had done Oct 2018, so I checked on the US immigration website for paper photo dimensions. One is wrong, but all of them are 2 1/8 inches, not 2. Will they fail on being slightly too big? My son’s eyes were too low so that will definitely need redoing!

Are the photos for the interview meant to be Australian or American passport size? Please say Australian..
I thought US sized? But US printed as opposed to US digital...?
I know the medical was NZ sized for us though, so maybe it’s me who has this wrong