• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Just got our 2NL for February 13th!!! Yay!!! Now we only need to book in Medicals, get paperwork together, financial statements, warn the teenagers to behave themselves....

Remember not to get any vaccinations in advance! The list Auckland sends you has a lot that is only for certain age groups and risk groups etc so I would suggest letting the doctor decide for you, they have them all onsite. Bring your vaccination records. She's really nice by the way, assuming it's the same doc and I think there's only one in Auckland.

Remember not to get any vaccinations in advance! The list Auckland sends you has a lot that is only for certain age groups and risk groups etc so I would suggest letting the doctor decide for you, they have them all onsite. Bring your vaccination records. She's really nice by the way, assuming it's the same doc and I think there's only one in Auckland.
Bless you Bob! You’ve been super helpful. And omg the consulate were so quick getting back to me when I sent them a question. Tracking down my husband’s immunisation record from the UK may not be quite so easy...

Bless you Bob! You’ve been super helpful. And omg the consulate were so quick getting back to me when I sent them a question. Tracking down my husband’s immunisation record from the UK may not be quite so easy...
My favorite anecdote from my own immigration journey is how my wife had all the possible documents proving her vaccinations from the day she was born: hospital records, special vaccination book, etc. Everything translated and certified. I had nothing. Not a single document. Somehow I lost every one of them over the years. We ended up receiving exactly the same series of 3 shots...

Bottom line, I wouldn't stress about it.

Xarthisius is getting the CEAC data right now. OC2247 is the max in OC - so the progress in 5 months has been awesome. Quite a few backlog cases where the case is current, but not scheduled. Some will end up as non responses, others will have been delayed for documents etc. But bottom line - no shocks and no worries in OC

My husbands passport was stolen before he received his green card (we are back in Australia now). We are going to apply for a permit to reenter the USA (Carrier Documentation) on his new passport.

My problem is, we need to make an appointment with the Consulate in Sydney to submit the application, but cannot find how to do so... I keep getting sent in circles on the website!

Does anyone have a link / email / phone number so we can make the appointment?

Many thanks!

My problem is, we need to make an appointment with the Consulate in Sydney to submit the application, but cannot find how to do so... I keep getting sent in circles on the website!

Does anyone have a link / email / phone number so we can make the appointment?

Many thanks!

Did you ring the number on the site? (02) 9373 9200

My case status has updated to saying that my green card is currently being produced and will be mailed to me within 30 days. My current address is an apartment address is that ok? That means that my apartment complex accepts all my mail/parcels

Interviewed today and approved! Thanks to all who helped with answers. Has been a really interesting experience overall so far (in a good way). As I expected, how thorough your interview is, the specific questions you'll be asked and whether your answers are deemed 'enough' seems very dependant on the specific CO you get; I'm glad we went in super prepared (though we didn't need any of the physical documents we'd prepared, preparing them made it easier to prepare for the questions - i.e. ensuring we had proof of financials meant we were ready to answer questions about it).

We were in the building for a little over an hour, thought it feels much longer when you can't see a clock. We did our medical about a week before Christmas - the CO was impressed that the clinic was able to get the documents to the consulate in the time frame ('they never get these done that quickly' were the exact words).

Interviewed today and approved! Thanks to all who helped with answers. Has been a really interesting experience overall so far (in a good way). As I expected, how thorough your interview is, the specific questions you'll be asked and whether your answers are deemed 'enough' seems very dependant on the specific CO you get; I'm glad we went in super prepared (though we didn't need any of the physical documents we'd prepared, preparing them made it easier to prepare for the questions - i.e. ensuring we had proof of financials meant we were ready to answer questions about it).

We were in the building for a little over an hour, thought it feels much longer when you can't see a clock. We did our medical about a week before Christmas - the CO was impressed that the clinic was able to get the documents to the consulate in the time frame ('they never get these done that quickly' were the exact words).

Why do you think you were grilled more? I’m so worried of that happening to us too

Why do you think you were grilled more?
Just luck of the draw, I think.

It was nothing that we weren't prepared for, but we certainly didn't get out of there with the 'only three questions' experience.

We were with the CO for maybe 20 minutes (at a guess) and we were asked a bunch of questions.

It was all fine - questions about your life should be easy to answer, and your plan to move you should have spent some time thinking about. The COs are all also human themselves, and they will understand the human nature of things like an immigration interview making someone nervous. The best thing is just to be prepared and be honest.

And make sure you get all your documents together as per the cover sheet you get emailed. There were a few people sent away who didn't have everything in order.

Last edited:

It was nothing that we weren't prepared for, but we certainly didn't get out of there with the 'only three questions' experience.

We were with the CO for maybe 20 minutes (at a guess) and we were asked a bunch of questions.

It was all fine - questions about your life should be easy to answer, and your plan to move you should have spent some time thinking about. The COs are all also human themselves, and they will understand the human nature of things like an immigration interview making someone nervous. The best thing is just to be prepared and be honest.

And make sure you get all your documents together as per the cover sheet you get emailed. There were a few people sent away who didn't have everything in order.

I think its only partially true that is depends on the CO. But I also think the person being interviewed is a factor, their job, their confidence and so on. It could also be how many interviews the CO has on that day, and whether the CO burned their toast that morning. All very human, as you mention.

What did they ask in terms of your relationship? Me partner and I got married during the visa process so im expecting a potential question regarding that which is fine as we've been in a long term relo but also scary at the same time.

What did they ask in terms of your relationship? Me partner and I got married during the visa process so im expecting a potential question regarding that which is fine as we've been in a long term relo but also scary at the same time.
I wouldnt be too concerned, dv fraud by marriage isnt much of an issue in Australia - just be honest with the CO when questions are asked and bring along whatever supporting documentation you may have that pre-dates your DV entry (joint bank statements, mortgage/lease documents etc)

I wouldnt be too concerned, dv fraud by marriage isnt much of an issue in Australia - just be honest with the CO when questions are asked and bring along whatever supporting documentation you may have that pre-dates your DV entry (joint bank statements, mortgage/lease documents etc)

Thanks! Would our joint lease dating back over 2 years be enough? We don't do joint back accounts.

Thanks! Would our joint lease dating back over 2 years be enough? We don't do joint back accounts.
honestly its all down to the CO on the day, but I would say something like that would be good, maybe some pics of you together over the years. Like I said, I dont think it'll be too much of an issue in Sydney - if you were interviewing in Accra then you may have cause for concern

honestly its all down to the CO on the day, but I would say something like that would be good, maybe some pics of you together over the years. Like I said, I dont think it'll be too much of an issue in Sydney - if you were interviewing in Accra then you may have cause for concern

My phone is full of photos with time stamps from the last 3 years of us so hopefully that will be fine to whip out if they have any hesitation to believe it!

the person being interviewed is a factor, their job, their confidence and so on. It could also be how many interviews the CO has on that day, and whether the CO burned their toast that morning
Yes, all very true. The COs all seemed relatively friendly - ours was friendly and explained the process very well.

Just basic questions about the length of our relationship, where we met etc
I was in the same boat as you. We brought pictures and a lease from five years ago, plus plane tickets from six years ago.

My phone is full of photos with time stamps from the last 3 years of us so hopefully that will be fine to whip out if they have any hesitation to believe it!
You aren’t able to take your phone in with you, so if you want to take these along you’ll have to print them

Yes, all very true. The COs all seemed relatively friendly - ours was friendly and explained the process very well.

Just basic questions about the length of our relationship, where we met etc
I was in the same boat as you. We brought pictures and a lease from five years ago, plus plane tickets from six years ago.

You aren’t able to take your phone in with you, so if you want to take these along you’ll have to print them

Ok no worries! Ill get some cheesy photos printed including US holiday snaps so they know we love The States haha

One last thing for today haha. When it says originals and copies of docs. In regards to birth certificates. I don’t have the ones that came from the doctor. I think they are all photo copies. Is that an issue? Do I have to get them certified?

When it says originals and copies of docs. In regards to birth certificates. I don’t have the ones that came from the doctor. I think they are all photo copies. Is that an issue? Do I have to get them certified?
You should be able to order a new one through your appropriate government agency, they’re not that expensive. I’m not sure how you would get a copy certified without an original...