• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Make sure you do something about public charge. Auckland, unlike Sydney, often ask for finances.
Thanks Simon. Good advice. Just found the article on your blog (I'm at work so couldn't watch the video). If we can show substantial savings, do we need to get our friends in the US to do an I-134? We're already staying with them for the first month when we arrive, and I don't want to ask too much of them! Also, do they savings have to be in my name as the principal applicant, or are they OK to be in my husband's name? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Thanks Simon. Good advice. Just found the article on your blog (I'm at work so couldn't watch the video). If we can show substantial savings, do we need to get our friends in the US to do an I-134? We're already staying with them for the first month when we arrive, and I don't want to ask too much of them! Also, do they savings have to be in my name as the principal applicant, or are they OK to be in my husband's name? Thanks :)

Substantial savings, in either name, is sometimes ok. An I134 from a suitable person is always ok.

Drehitchcock i forgot to mention in the PM reply to you that you can always ask AucklandIV@state.gov any questions. They are really good in replying and I found them nice and helpful. Include your case number in the email header though.

Got our 2NL yesterday! 18th of Feb at 8am. They obvs didn’t want us to have a sleep in!
I've got mine at 8:30 that day, so might see you there haha

I have a question for everyone: If my medical results don't arrive at the Sydney embassy in time for the interview is it acceptable to provide receipts of the medical and immunisations until it arrives? Or does anyone know an average turnaround time from the day of medical (in Melbourne) to arrival at embassy?

The clinic is on Christmas break at the moment so I can't get thru to them, and also having difficulties getting thru to the embassy so I thought I'd ask here...

I've got mine at 8:30 that day, so might see you there haha

I have a question for everyone: If my medical results don't arrive at the Sydney embassy in time for the interview is it acceptable to provide receipts of the medical and immunisations until it arrives? Or does anyone know an average turnaround time from the day of medical (in Melbourne) to arrival at embassy?

The clinic is on Christmas break at the moment so I can't get thru to them, and also having difficulties getting thru to the embassy so I thought I'd ask here...
I did my medical the day before the interview in Sydney. The consulate said they will send my visa as soon as they receive the medical. I just showed a copy of my receipt but they didn't seem that concerned. Hope that helps!

Just got our 2NL for February 13th!!! Yay!!! Now we only need to book in Medicals, get paperwork together, financial statements, warn the teenagers to behave themselves....

Hi everyone, so I’m still waiting for my interview date to be set, but in the meantime I’m trying to make sure I’ve got all my vaccinations upto date. I’m don’t have any vaccination records, so I’m starting from scratch. The biggest issue I’m having is the rotavirus one, which seems to only be available to babies. Anyone else have this problem? Can immunity be proven via a blood test?

Hi everyone, so I’m still waiting for my interview date to be set, but in the meantime I’m trying to make sure I’ve got all my vaccinations upto date. I’m don’t have any vaccination records, so I’m starting from scratch. The biggest issue I’m having is the rotavirus one, which seems to only be available to babies. Anyone else have this problem? Can immunity be proven via a blood test?

A bunch of vaccinations get age-exempted. The issue with trying to do them yourself before your medical is that you may end up getting ones you don’t need.

A bunch of vaccinations get age-exempted. The issue with trying to do them yourself before your medical is that you may end up getting ones you don’t need.
Really?! That’s awesome! I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick completely. I thought you had to go to the medical with proof of all of the vaccines. Is this not the case?

Really?! That’s awesome! I think I must have got the wrong end of the stick completely. I thought you had to go to the medical with proof of all of the vaccines. Is this not the case?
If you have already had vaccinations and have the proof of them, take that with. If you haven’t, you may want to get a titer done. Whatever you go with, the panel doctor will figure out if you still need others or not. A number of people try to save money by doing them elsewhere first, but then they risk getting ones they don’t need anyway....

If you have already had vaccinations and have the proof of them, take that with. If you haven’t, you may want to get a titer done. Whatever you go with, the panel doctor will figure out if you still need others or not. A number of people try to save money by doing them elsewhere first, but then they risk getting ones they don’t need anyway....
I haven’t booked my medical yet, I was waiting for my interview date to book it. Just trying to get prepared. I’m living in England right now, so most of the vaccines are free anyway. The rotavirus one was the only one causing me grief so hopefully it’s age-exempt!