• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Hello,

Just a quick question about timing that I am hoping someone can help me with... I have already submitted by DS-260, my number is 17XX, so I am expecting for it to go current in April. I understand that no-one can give a definitive answer, but from experience - does anyone know when I can expect my interview to be scheduled? I am trying to plan a holiday in late April- early May.

I think its a lucky dip for any Tuesday of the month.

Can anyone please tell me what the “new” question is in the ds 260 about 5 years of travel to other countries ??? I checked mine and it comes under employment so it’s not relevant to me or is there another question where is asks what countries I have visited in the last 5 years? Just asking to see if I need to unlock no one answers my previous question so any response would be very helpful cheers

Hello,

Just a quick question about timing that I am hoping someone can help me with... I have already submitted by DS-260, my number is 17XX, so I am expecting for it to go current in April. I understand that no-one can give a definitive answer, but from experience - does anyone know when I can expect my interview to be scheduled? I am trying to plan a holiday in late April- early May.
You said you have submitted your DS260 but you did not mention if you have also submitted your documents and had them accepted?

IF your docs have been send AND you have been emailed back saying that they have been accepted and you are ready for scheduling THEN if your number goes current next month you will likely receive the 2NL towards the end of the month for an interview date (assuming you are in Australia) on any given Tuesday for the Month of April

If you havent submitted your docs yet, you could still get an April interview if they were to process them quickly

Can anyone please tell me what the “new” question is in the ds 260 about 5 years of travel to other countries ??? I checked mine and it comes under employment so it’s not relevant to me or is there another question where is asks what countries I have visited in the last 5 years? Just asking to see if I need to unlock no one answers my previous question so any response would be very helpful cheers
You should be able to see the new questions when you view your DS260

as for unlocking - if you are not current or close to it then it is advised to unlock and add any additional information requested

You should be able to see the new questions when you view your DS260

as for unlocking - if you are not current or close to it then it is advised to unlock and add any additional information requested

Thanks a lot for your response yes I did view them already but confused when people talk about the countries they have visited for the last 5 years Cos on mine it only comes under employment

You said you have submitted your DS260 but you did not mention if you have also submitted your documents and had them accepted?

IF your docs have been send AND you have been emailed back saying that they have been accepted and you are ready for scheduling THEN if your number goes current next month you will likely receive the 2NL towards the end of the month for an interview date (assuming you are in Australia) on any given Tuesday for the Month of April

If you havent submitted your docs yet, you could still get an April interview if they were to process them quickly
Hi Aidyn, thanks for the response. I have submitted my docs and they have been accepted - so it is likely that I will be scheduled for April. Do you think it would be risky to try and reschedule my interview appointment?
Also, I applied for a Canadian Working Holiday visa last year (which I was approved), because I thought I might want to travel and work in Canada, but my current work contract in Sydney was extended and I stayed. This visa is still valid for another year. Will having a Canadian WH visa have any impact on my approval?

Hi Aidyn, thanks for the response. I have submitted my docs and they have been accepted - so it is likely that I will be scheduled for April. Do you think it would be risky to try and reschedule my interview appointment?
Also, I applied for a Canadian Working Holiday visa last year (which I was approved), because I thought I might want to travel and work in Canada, but my current work contract in Sydney was extended and I stayed. This visa is still valid for another year. Will having a Canadian WH visa have any impact on my approval?
Your Canadian Visa should have no impact on your Diversity Visa.
As for if you should unlock and update - thats a decision only you can make, you still have a few weeks before they'll be looking at April interviews for scheduling. There is a good chance they'll review your updates quickly and you'll have no delay, but you need to be aware that if they do not get to it in time you may be pushed back to May - entirely your call based on your own personal circumstances

Dear Simon
I would like to confirm if we need to get the sponsorship form, I 130 witnessed by someone.
My sponsor is currently filling the form and needed clarification. will appreciate if you could provide a response.
Thank you for all the help!

I have unlocked and updated. I had already submitted the documents and got the email saying I was ready to be scheduled when my number became current. Since unlocking and resubmitting I haven't had an email. Do I need to send the documents again? Or just be patient?

It was under work.

Hi, I'm a New Zealander living in London and have been selected to progress with the green card lottery application. When I go to the NZ police website for the police background form it says that the forms are only sent to the consulate. Does anyone have any experience in getting these forms to the UK or understanding if we have to submit them since they only send direct to the consulate?

Thanks

Dear Simon
I would like to confirm if we need to get the sponsorship form, I 130 witnessed by someone.
My sponsor is currently filling the form and needed clarification. will appreciate if you could provide a response.
Thank you for all the help!

Do you mean I-134, affidavit of support? Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is not applicable to DV.

Hi, I'm a New Zealander living in London and have been selected to progress with the green card lottery application. When I go to the NZ police website for the police background form it says that the forms are only sent to the consulate. Does anyone have any experience in getting these forms to the UK or understanding if we have to submit them since they only send direct to the consulate?

Thanks

Hey there - I think you just get a copy of your police record from the ministry of justice. The process is fairly simple - you can email the form to them and they get back within 20 business days

Hey all was just wondering if I need to get a I-134 filled out for my interview or just show a bank statement that I can support myself?? Cheers

Hey all was just wondering if I need to get a I-134 filled out for my interview or just show a bank statement that I can support myself?? Cheers
That's up to you. If you think the amount of funds you have in your bank account clearly demonstrate you will not become a public charge you shouldnt need it. Given that there is no outlined amount, its up to the CO on the day.

Having an i-134 as "just in case" document can't hurt if you have someone available to fill it in.

With all that said, if you are interviewing in Sydney, they rarely ask about finance documents (that may be different with the public charge laws that Trump is getting passed)

Rookie here. How do we print off our DS-260 to take to the interview?
When you complete your DS-260 there is a print option on the page - I think once submitted you can still go in and view it, then print it off