• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Please calm down. Whats your problem? I do not have energy to argue with you. I was asking other person. Not you.
Hi @WaitingAoS ,

Sorry for sharing my 5 cents, but SusieQQQ didn't mean anything bad, and she doesn't have any problems. She is a valuable member of this forum and helps a lot, together with Sm1smom, all of us. I understand the pressure you are going through, same as all of us who are still waiting, but please let's be more respectful, considering valuable information we are getting here.

I honestly hope that we all will get through this process soon.

All the best...

@Sero1033 @rabey @asm_dv So, folks, what reason would people use when talking to Tier 2 rep to "escalate case", or "put service request"? My understanding was/is that unless it is "humanitarian", "USCIS error," or "at least 6 months since the last action", etc. we are not really in hope to put service request, no? What am I missing? @Sm1smom

Hi @WaitingAoS ,

Sorry for sharing my 5 cents, but SusieQQQ didn't mean anything bad, and she doesn't have any problems. She is a valuable member of this forum and helps a lot, together with Sm1smom, all of us. I understand the pressure you are going through, same as all of us who are still waiting, but please let's be more respectful, considering valuable information we are getting here.

I honestly hope that we all will get through this process soon.

All the best...
Yes. Totally agree. Everyone must show respect regardless of being valuable to this forum. It is public forum. Not private.

@Sero1033 @rabey @asm_dv So, folks, what reason would people use when talking to Tier 2 rep to "escalate case", or "put service request"? My understanding was/is that unless it is "humanitarian", "USCIS error," or "at least 6 months since the last action", etc. we are not really in hope to put service request, no? What am I missing? @Sm1smom
You are not missing anything, I guess we need to figure it out with tier 2. I hope she can put some notes together with the request, where I will ask to include the specifics of DV case tight timeline. I suppose will either choose case out of processing time or USCIS error. These two at some extend we can defend...

Yes. Totally agree. Everyone must show respect regardless of being valuable to this forum. It is public forum. Not private.
Being a public forum means anyone is able to answer questions - that’s the point of a public forum. You don’t get to decide who is and isn’t allowed to comment.
Being respectful of the time people spend on it is nice too. Get to the point, say what you mean, provide links to pages that have the information/statements you are asking questions about.

Last edited:
1. Yes that is sort of grouping the cases together.
2. Not having requested the KCC file by now is a bit concerning - if the cases have been assigned to a new IO who is not familiar with DV based cases, that may explain the lack of movement you guys are experiencing. It could also be that the IO is aware, but he/she is waiting for your background check clearance first before scheduling the interview. I’ld say if there’s no update by the beginning of September, you guys should be calling the USCIS 1800 number every couple of days and keep requesting for case escalation until you connect with a rep who will do so.
@Sm1smom A small correction, apparently the third one from the same FO (@ai19990) has completed his bio also (very recently though) - so I indeed hope the IO is just grouping us together and all three of us will get ILs soon.

A service request (or e-request) is not the same as an expedite. An expedite is when you say to them “I need you to push my case to the front of the line for an urgent reason” - this is where humanitarian/financial need/uscis error etc comes in - these are the reasons they need to push you to the front of the line (so they will go faster than normal processing time for your case type).
An e-request or service request is when you are basically enquiring about a case - “why is this taking so long?” - with the real intent of getting it on your FO’s radar just in case it has somehow dropped off it (often they are quite aware of it but waiting for background check, or to batch applicants, or something else). You will normally only be allowed to submit an e-request (online) once your case is outside of normal processing time, but this latter number often isn’t that relevant to DV, or not helpful to those who submit late-ish in the fiscal year, which is when making a service request via telephone to a uscis rep comes in.

USCIS, at least your FO, understands that DV is time sensitive. What you don’t seem to want to understand (I’m sure it has been explained on this thread before) is that requesting an expedite is a specific type of request strictly based on the factors they outlined in their email to you (also outlined on their website, etc). I am pretty sure it’s been stated here before that if those factors are not met the request is denied. A sunset clause /time sensitivity is not one of those factors because FOs know it’s an issue, as has been reported by a number of others here, including a poster who actually saw it noted on their file. I don’t have time to go back through past posts, have you contacted your congressman?

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.
I called uscis in the morning and setup infopass
A couple hrs later, got call from officer and she said you can’t have infopass
So now what shall I do
It’s already been too long waiting and deadlines is almost done, I sent my package in May, I see people sent their package a month after me and they already got approved
I don’t understand how uscis work?
The last email I got was from uscis Sacramento ( my field office )
This means my case is not still at NBC
I tried to contact my congressman but always too busy to answer calls

Being a public forum means anyone is able to answer questions - that’s the point of a public forum. You don’t get to decide who is and isn’t allowed to comment.
Being respectful of the time people spend on it is nice too. Get to the point, say what you mean, provide links to pages that have information you are asking questions about.
Sorry for not providing a link as soon as possible instead of the screenshot

A service request (or e-request) is not the same as an expedite. An expedite is when you say to them “I need you to push my case to the front of the line for an urgent reason” - this is where humanitarian/financial need/uscis error comes in. An e-request or service request is when you are basically enquiring about a case - “why is this taking so long?” - with the real intent of getting it on your FO’s radar just in case it has somehow dropped off it (often they are quite aware of it but waiting for background check, or to batch applicants, or something else). You will normally only be allowed to submit an e-request (online) once your case is outside of normal processing time, but this latter number often isn’t that relevant to DV, or not helpful to those who submit late-ish in the fiscal year, which is when making a service request via telephone to a uscis rep comes in.
Super @SusieQQQ! This is clear and makes a lot sense. Indeed then perhaps I will need to start testing my luck with a proper Tier 2 rep.

UPD: Though I put the congressional inquiry already a week back so will give them a couple of weeks to see how it works out.

I don’t quite understand this, congresspeople usually have inquiry forms on their websites for you to fill in about cases with government agencies. They also usually need a release signed for them to use your information. So have you done this already and are now trying to follow up and they are not answering, or are you trying to call them to start the process?

Q1: Can I request change of address for only my case from my USCIS account?
Q2: Do I have to open a separate account for my wife to change her address or I can do from my account for both?
Hi @asm_dv you can do it from your account, you have to put in the box A-number and receipt number for each cases, I've just done it for whole my family.

A service request (or e-request) is not the same as an expedite. An expedite is when you say to them “I need you to push my case to the front of the line for an urgent reason” - this is where humanitarian/financial need/uscis error etc comes in - these are the reasons they need to push you to the front of the line (so they will go faster than normal processing time for your case type).
An e-request or service request is when you are basically enquiring about a case - “why is this taking so long?” - with the real intent of getting it on your FO’s radar just in case it has somehow dropped off it (often they are quite aware of it but waiting for background check, or to batch applicants, or something else). You will normally only be allowed to submit an e-request (online) once your case is outside of normal processing time, but this latter number often isn’t that relevant to DV, or not helpful to those who submit late-ish in the fiscal year, which is when making a service request via telephone to a uscis rep comes in.
Thank you for clarification! I thought it is the same thing (expedite and service request). Now it makes much more sense. Thanks again!

I called uscis in the morning and setup infopass
A couple hrs later, got call from officer and she said you can’t have infopass
So now what shall I do
It’s already been too long waiting and deadlines is almost done, I sent my package in May, I see people sent their package a month after me and they already got approved
I don’t understand how uscis work?
The last email I got was from uscis Sacramento ( my field office )
This means my case is not still at NBC

Seriously speaking though, what evidence where you planning on presenting that meets one of the listed expedite criteria?

You’ve read almost all the posts on this thread, so you should already be aware you can’t or shouldn’t really be comparing your case to those who file around the time you did or after you. Each FO is different in the way they schedule interviews, they are independent of each other.

Your FO already contacted you (they sent you a RFE) which means someone is aware of your case, it’s not like you’ve heard absolutely nothing from them since you filed. Also the fact that you got a RFE means your AOS case file is already at your FO, and has been assigned to an IO. Maybe they’re waiting for your background check to clear. So maybe you just need to be patient at this point. Plus why are you trying to call your congressman’s office? They have forms (and email address on their website?) for this purpose.

1. Which USCIS website gives an estimated 6 months processing time for DV based AOS cases?

2. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case? Are there other cases with the same FO on the 2020 timeline spreadsheet?

3. When was the last time you spoke with a tier 2 personnel on the phone? Call to find out if they’re able to send a message to your FO

4. Have you tried initiating a congressional case follow up assistance?

5. You can try initiate an e-request on your own at anytime if the system allows you to submit it.

Dear Mom,
@Sm1smom A small correction, apparently the third one from the same FO (@ai19990) has completed his bio also (very recently though) - so I indeed hope the IO is just grouping us together and all three of us will get ILs soon.

Dear @MNA2020
I also hope that FO is grouping all DV. Maybe there are more applicants who are not part of this forum that have Washington DC. I tried to connect to tier 2 officer today but did not receive a call back. @WaitingAoS have you received a call back. I was thinking maybe if all three of us called on Monday to USCIS to request to connect to tier 2 officer it might help? I can not find how to raise e-request, would you mind pointing to how I can make it?

@KRITTA @aussie expat how was your interview?
My interview went very smooth and well. My IO was very nice and friendly, he didn’t ask any particular questions beside those yes/no questions in I-485. First he asked me the evidence of financial support and I gave him I-134 affidavit of support that my cousin who is American citizen signed for me then he asked me if I have any updated documents to give him. So I gave him my new passport and driver license then I-20 ( I almost forgot to give him tho haha) and I gave him all required documents that mentioned in the interview letter. He didn’t ask to see anything else only original passport with visa of arrival.

At the end he printed out a paper for me he said to show that I had been in the interview, in the paper said my application was be held for review but he said no need to panic because he was approving my application and stamping “approved” on my application in front of me!

Then he told me about what gonna happen and at the end I told him that I really appreciated him for working so hard I said I understood that it was hard in this time but thank you for let me be here today.

Three hours later I check from USCIS website and it said “ New Card Is Being Produced” !!!!!

Thank you guys for everything sharing here and I wanna cheer up other selectees who are in process, keep your faith up and everything will turn to the way you imagine. I always see that sentence before I get interview finally my imagination came true !

Attachments

• 17F5A351-354A-4CD8-ABF9-EE900453A610.jpeg
    17F5A351-354A-4CD8-ABF9-EE900453A610.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 37
Dear Mom,

Dear @MNA2020
I also hope that FO is grouping all DV. Maybe there are more applicants who are not part of this forum that have Washington DC. I tried to connect to tier 2 officer today but did not receive a call back. @WaitingAoS have you received a call back. I was thinking maybe if all three of us called on Monday to USCIS to request to connect to tier 2 officer it might help? I can not find how to raise e-request, would you mind pointing to how I can make it?
@ai19990 This is the link to the USCIS e-request forms: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

With regard to calling around the same time - why not? We have literally one week left till the majority of USCIS staff is furloughed - have no option but to try calling them... perhaps we end up with different Tier 2 reps but if indeed the FO is grouping us, then a move on one application may trigger the movement on others too...

The following info is missing from these forum users in the Timeline: By the way do not write the complete case number! the last 2 or 3 digits should be written as an X

@Alex USA: Case Number, ASC, Field Office, Package Currier Service, Did you receive email/text notification? if so when?, When did you receive Bio Letter?
@wen0215: Current Visa Month, Package Delivery Courier
@mmmb : Date package received at Chicago Lockbox, Package Currier Service, Acceptance Text or E-mail , payment cashed date, NOA Letter Received Date , Bio Letter Received Date, Bio Scheduled Date , Interview Notice Received Date. Any update on your case since the interview?
@tune98002 : Acceptance Text or E-mail, Payment Cashed Date, NOA Letter Received Date, Bio Letter Received Date , Bio Walk-In Date, Any update on your case since the interview?
@FDV : Case Number, ASC, Field Office and from Package Delivery Courier to Interview Date cell. Any updates at all?
@Daveid : yours is empty except for Interview date.
@ErictoAmerica : yours is empty too

Hi Mom, I got this today
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services is very aware of the deadline for Diversity cases. These cases have a higher priority than most because they are time sensitive. Mr. Marconi's case is currently pending review. He will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
I personally don't see any reason why it's takes them so long (5-6 months) working with my case. Do you think anything else I can do?

@Marconi I don't see you at the timeline either, if you could fill it out we would appreciate it. You're on line 120 at the bottom. I see that you had your interview back in March 2. Has there been any updates? How was your interview experience?