• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

1. You can provide the link, this is not something I’ve come across and I don’t have the time to search for it.

I typed in the search terms to see if anything obviously linked to what the poster claims is there came up on the results page and nothing did. CSPA page, the general AOS from DV page (I looked at that, nothing to match this result), the entire AOS chapter of the manual etc....really are we supposed to sit there searching through pages of stuff to find some elusive statement? Honestly...

I typed in the search terms to see if anything obviously linked to what the poster claims is there came up on the results page and nothing did. CSPA page, the general AOS from DV page (I looked at that, nothing to match this result), the entire AOS chapter of the manual etc....really are we supposed to sit there searching through pages of stuff to find some elusive statement? Honestly...
may be this is what he was referring to.( but it's not the correct way to think)

CSPA has got absolutely nothing to do with what he was saying.

Anyway what’s with the silly games? You want people to analyze what a particular website says, provide the link. Don’t send them off on a wild goose chase to try even figure out what link you mean.

I believe he is referring to the 6 months that need to pass for the expeditious request initiation?

Congratulations!

1. Call USCIS and ask if you have any bio appointment scheduled (maybe the letter got lost). If you have, ask to send it to you by email

2. Go to the interview anyway. Many were in you situation and they had their interviews (some got biometrics on the spot right after interview). I remember only one case (kong17 if not mistaken) was turned around, but he was the first one with interview without bio. Just don't tell right away that you don't have bio. Let them figure it out.

Good luck!
Hi @Feebee33 ,

What is your interview date? You haven't mentioned it in the Excel. Thanks.

1. You can provide the link, this is not something I’ve come across and I don’t have the time to search for it.

2. Since there’s a similar case with your FO, it’s possible they’re trying to group all of their DV based AOS together and waiting to schedule them. In the interim call KCC to find out if your FO already requested for your KCC file.

@Sm1smom I am from the same FO (Washington office in Fairfax, VA) and I do indeed hope that the sensible explanation of the IL delay is that FO is trying to group all DV applicants. In the last years it seems some of the DV applicants had interviews 1-2 days apart - is it considered grouping? There seems to be a third one there who has not done bio yet so we may need to wait for him to finalize bio... Or maybe the IO is just waiting for the bio clearance to come up (as it would have happened in normal times?) and schedule then.

This is all fine except I am concerned about the furlough and I am not sure how severely the FO will be impacted.

FYI - I checked with KCC and my case has not been requested by FO :(

Last edited:
CSPA has got absolutely nothing to do with what he was saying.

Anyway what’s with the silly games? You want people to analyze what a particular website says, provide the link. Don’t send them off on a wild goose chase to try even figure out what link you mean.

See in the middle please. DV based AOS is not listed among other AOSs. Hence, DV based AOS is 6 month maximum. After 6 month applicants are eligible to submit e-request.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-145637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-145637_Chrome.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 45
Since I am on F1 status and my online account says " New card is being produced", do I need to wait for the GC to quit college? I just get graduated and I can also file OPT, in order to escape from college tuition fee? Any ideas and suggestions?

Hello everyone,
I have just received update: "New card is being produced".

After weeks of waiting and nerve-wracking, I'm finally there! I will update when I receive everything.

Once again, thanks to all of the good people of this forum that has made this long experience - easier! I also wish to all of those still waiting to receive this message as soon as possible - especially to my NJ Newark people :D

Hello everyone,

After weeks of waiting and nerve-wracking, I'm finally there! I will update when I receive everything.

Once again, thanks to all of the good people of this forum that has made this long experience - easier! I also wish to all of those still waiting to receive this message as soon as possible - especially to my NJ Newark people :D
Congratulations man! You are already PR. Good luck with your new life ;) hope to be lucky too.

Hello everyone,

Great news skip1, Congratulations!!! Best of luck with everything :cool:

Hello everyone,

Congrats @skip1 !
We have also received exactly same update. I just checked our case on egov.uscis and all four of our applications got updated with "New card is being produced". I hope all those from the Newark FO have also received this update. I wish everyone will receive it!

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to you!!! YAY!!!!

Us too!!! Just received an e-mail saying the the status changed to "new card is being produced" for both of us, me and my husband, I am so happy!!!!:)
And hopefully all of our guys here who are waiting for their status to be changed will see the updated soon!!

Just received GC in mailbox! Card was mailed on Aug 18. No updates from USCIS online case status (at this moment it still says your card was mailed) and no updates from USPS informed delivery at all. I tried to ask USCIS Emma about delivery tracking info but she said she has no idea. Remember to check your mailbox! Thank you so much for your help @Sm1smom. I feel like I just graduated today. Hope everyone who is waiting will have a positive result!

Last edited:
Just received GC in mailbox! Card was mailed on Aug 18. No updates from USCIS online case status (at this moment it still says your card was mailed) and no updates from USPS informed delivery at all. Remember to check your mailbox! Thank you so much for your help @Sm1smom. I feel like I just graduated today. Hope everyone who is waiting will have a positive result!
Congrats @aprilyeah !
Could you please share how long it took for you from “Card is being produced” to “Card is mailed” status?

See in the middle please. DV based AOS is not listed among other AOSs. Hence, DV based AOS is 6 month maximum. After 6 month applicants are eligible to submit e-request.

I’m sorry I do not agree with your interpretation. There is no where on USCIS’s website that says maximum processing time for DV based AOS cases is 6 months. You are the one choosing to interpret the statement “If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on our website, our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry” to mean the maximum processing time for DV based AOS cases is 6 months. That is clearly not what it says, it just means you can initiate initiate an eRequest after that timeframe.

Hello everyone,
I'm dv 2020 selectee AF still in the process of my AOS . Got an RFE which I respond to it on time after that i got my biometric appointment which I am done with . Am concerned about only a month is remaining if I could be scheduled for and interview then get my card printed before that . Note that I have already contacted my congress representative to help with that. My question is does that mean the accepted my response and what i can do to help speed things up more.
Thanka

@Sm1smom I am from the same FO (Washington office in Fairfax, VA) and I do indeed hope that the sensible explanation of the IL delay is that FO is trying to group all DV applicants. In the last years it seems some of the DV applicants had interviews 1-2 days apart - is it considered grouping? There seems to be a third one there who has not done bio yet so we may need to wait for him to finalize bio... Or maybe the IO is just waiting for the bio clearance to come up (as it would have happened in normal times?) and schedule then.

This is all fine except I am concerned about the furlough and I am not sure how severely the FO will be impacted.

FYI - I checked with KCC and my case has not been requested by FO :(

1. Yes that is sort of grouping the cases together.
2. Not having requested the KCC file by now is a bit concerning - if the cases have been assigned to a new IO who is not familiar with DV based cases, that may explain the lack of movement you guys are experiencing. It could also be that the IO is aware, but he/she is waiting for your background check clearance first before scheduling the interview. I’ld say if there’s no update by the beginning of September, you guys should be calling the USCIS 1800 number every couple of days and keep requesting for case escalation until you connect with a rep who will do so.

Hello everyone,
I'm dv 2020 selectee AF still in the process of my AOS . Got an RFE which I respond to it on time after that i got my biometric appointment which I am done with . Am concerned about only a month is remaining if I could be scheduled for and interview then get my card printed before that . Note that I have already contacted my congress representative to help with that. My question is does that mean the accepted my response and what i can do to help speed things up more.
Thanka

What was the RFE for? When was it issued? When did you respond?