• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

1. Yes that is sort of grouping the cases together.
2. Not having requested the KCC file by now is a bit concerning - if the cases have been assigned to a new IO who is not familiar with DV based cases, that may explain the lack of movement you guys are experiencing. It could also be that the IO is aware, but he/she is waiting for your background check clearance first before scheduling the interview. I’ld say if there’s no update by the beginning of September, you guys should be calling the USCIS 1800 number every couple of days and keep requesting for case escalation until you connect with a rep who will do so.

Mom,

A few questions I have.

I did biometric collection on 8/13 and awaiting interview notice. USCIS told me my file has been in Albany, NY since 7/22. (My FO is not listed in Timeline last several years.)
KCC has never been requested by USCIS for my case. So my situation is very similar to MNA2020.
Congressman’s office inquired my case this week and I have been waiting for response.

Q1: Is it a good idea to contact USCIS Tier-2 to send message to FO for my case as you suggested , in parallel with Congressman’s inquiry?
Should we wait for the initial response from congressman?

Q2: Is there a way to expedite biometric screen?

Q3: There is another way to use USCIS ombudsman to inquire the case. However, it is not recommended to use Congressman inquiry and ombudsman at the same time. If congressman’s inquiry is not successful, can we use USCIS ombudsman inquiry after that?

Thank you very much for your advice as always!

Mom,

A few questions I have.

I did biometric collection on 8/13 and awaiting interview notice. USCIS told me my file has been in Albany, NY since 7/22. (My FO is not listed in Timeline last several years.)
KCC has never been requested by USCIS for my case. So my situation is very similar to MNA2020.
Congressman’s office inquired my case this week and I have been waiting for response.

Q1: Is it a good idea to contact USCIS Tier-2 to send message to FO for my case as you suggested , in parallel with Congressman’s inquiry?
Should we wait for the initial response from congressman?

Q2: Is there a way to expedite biometric screen?

Q3: There is another way to use USCIS ombudsman to inquire the case. However, it is not recommended to use Congressman inquiry and ombudsman at the same time. If congressman’s inquiry is not successful, can we use USCIS ombudsman inquiry after that?

Thank you very much for your advice as always!

1. Waiting for the outcome of one form of inquiry before initiating another is usually the right way to go about it. However as the end of the FY approaches, you’ll need to make a judgment call as to if waiting for the outcome of the first attempt makes sense or not.

2. You can’t expedite the processing from your end.

3. Yes.

1. Waiting for the outcome of one form of inquiry before initiating another is usually the right way to go about it. However as the end of the FY approaches, you’ll need to make a judgment call as to if waiting for the outcome of the first attempt makes sense or not.

2. You can’t expedite the processing from your end.

3. Yes.

Thanks Mom.
Your responses answered several people’s common questions.
I probably wait for congressman’s inquiry. Because there is some chance same IO got same inquire from congressman and service request.

Also, I don’t want to see same reposes from FO via different sources.

Have a nice weekend!

I would like to share our interview experience.
We received an interview invitation letter a week before the interview.

We were interviewed in the Brooklyn field office. The officer was very friendly and nice. We took an oath, and the interview started. The officer asked us to provide originals of the documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. After that, she went through the I-485 form, confirming our answers. The officer mentioned that she would not go through the I-944 form, as it is not required in NY. At the end of the interview, we signed the I-485 form. The officer gave us a notice stating that USCIS requires more time to process the case but mentioned that she would approve the case shortly, after reviewing background check results. The interview took less than 40min, and the officer made the process feel light.

We checked the status of the case in a couple of hours, and it was "My new card is being produced".

I wanted to say thank you to Mom, and other members for their work and support. It was a tough year, and the forum helped us a lot to stay informed and keep hoping.

We wish those who are still waiting for the interview to stay optimistic. It seems that USCIS prioritizes DV cases, and I hope all of you will have a chance to be interviewed and receive your Green Card.

I would like to share our interview experience.
We received an interview invitation letter a week before the interview.

We were interviewed in the Brooklyn field office. The officer was very friendly and nice. We took an oath, and the interview started. The officer asked us to provide originals of the documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. After that, she went through the I-485 form, confirming our answers. The officer mentioned that she would not go through the I-944 form, as it is not required in NY. At the end of the interview, we signed the I-485 form. The officer gave us a notice stating that USCIS requires more time to process the case but mentioned that she would approve the case shortly, after reviewing background check results. The interview took less than 40min, and the officer made the process feel light.

We checked the status of the case in a couple of hours, and it was "My new card is being produced".

I wanted to say thank you to Mom, and other members for their work and support. It was a tough year, and the forum helped us a lot to stay informed and keep hoping.

We wish those who are still waiting for the interview to stay optimistic. It seems that USCIS prioritizes DV cases, and I hope all of you will have a chance to be interviewed and receive your Green Card.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your updates. Please update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Thanks Mom.
Your responses answered several people’s common questions.
I probably wait for congressman’s inquiry. Because there is some chance same IO got same inquire from congressman and service request.

Also, I don’t want to see same reposes from FO via different sources.

Have a nice weekend!
Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks for your responses. I also did my second Bio on Aug. 10th for I-485 and so far have not received any IL but my FO has requested my KCC file on July 21. The other applicant in my FO just got her IL for next week; however, she did her bio on July 20th. So, I think my FO is aware of the DV cases but does not bundle them. When I talk tie-2, they are saying my case is in FO and is in the queue for the process but does not respond to me if my background check is complete or not. I have the following questions:

Q1: What is your opinion, do you think my FO is waiting for the background check?

Q2: I think FO has the power to request for expedite the background check, is there any way for us to ask such a service from the FO?

Q3: Also, following this post and your suggestion in previous posts to ask for accelerate the case. When I call tier-2, should I ask e-request or interview service requests?

I really appreciate your response.

Q1: Even though Tier2 officer advised but I want the experience of forum people about the change of address issue? I have 10 more days in my current address so what to do?
I've submitted AR-11 twice. The first time was on June 10 to change my mailing address to a PO box. I put the same address for new and old physical address. At this point I haven't moved yet, but I will be moving in the near future so I changed my mailing address in preparation for that. My address change was completed on June 16. Unfortunately, all USCIS mails were still submitted to my physical address, even though I've called and confirmed with the reps at the call center of my PO box address.

Fast forward to Aug 3, I physically moved to a new address. I submitted my AR 11 on Aug 3, this time with the new physical address and PO box as mailing address. It showed as completed on Aug 3. Thankfully my welcome letter (submitted on Aug 5) has arrived at the PO Box address.

Hi @Sm1smom,

Thanks for your responses. I also did my second Bio on Aug. 10th for I-485 and so far have not received any IL but my FO has requested my KCC file on July 21. The other applicant in my FO just got her IL for next week; however, she did her bio on July 20th. So, I think my FO is aware of the DV cases but does not bundle them. When I talk tie-2, they are saying my case is in FO and is in the queue for the process but does not respond to me if my background check is complete or not. I have the following questions:

Q1: What is your opinion, do you think my FO is waiting for the background check?

Q2: I think FO has the power to request for expedite the background check, is there any way for us to ask such a service from the FO?

Q3: Also, following this post and your suggestion in previous posts to ask for accelerate the case. When I call tier-2, should I ask e-request or interview service requests?

I really appreciate your response.

1. That may be the case.
2. No you can’t make such a request. The FO’s use your discretion at initiating an expedited background check as the FY deadline approaches.
3. My suggestion is to simply explain your situation and ask them to initiate a case follow up request with your FO. (The purpose is to bring your case to someone’s intention in case it has fallen off the radar). Don’t box yourself into a corner by being too specific. They can use their discretion as to what they send to your FO

Any idea about F1 student whose online status says "case has been approved" but not received GC, in this situation can the student drop the college or has to wait untill the GC arrives?

Any idea about F1 student whose online status says "case has been approved" but not received GC, in this situation can the student drop the college or has to wait untill the GC arrives?

You can drop out of college now if you like or wait until you receive the GC which is the actual evidence (confirmation) of your new status before doing so. I would go with the second option if this was me, I’ve waited this long, a few more days /weeks of waiting is worth it.

Seriously speaking though, what evidence where you planning on presenting that meets one of the listed expedite criteria?

You’ve read almost all the posts on this thread, so you should already be aware you can’t or shouldn’t really be comparing your case to those who file around the time you did or after you. Each FO is different in the way they schedule interviews, they are independent of each other.

Your FO already contacted you (they sent you a RFE) which means someone is aware of your case, it’s not like you’ve heard absolutely nothing from them since you filed. Also the fact that you got a RFE means your AOS case file is already at your FO, and has been assigned to an IO. Maybe they’re waiting for your background check to clear. So maybe you just need to be patient at this point. Plus why are you trying to call your congressman’s office? They have forms (and email address on their website?) for this purpose.
I didn’t do my biometrics yet
I’ll try to practice some patience
Thank you

You can drop out of college now if you like or wait until you receive the GC which is the actual evidence (confirmation) of your new status before doing so. I would go with the second option if this was me, I’ve waited this long, a few more days /weeks of waiting is worth it.

Thank you so much, that helps me a lot..

Hi Folks,

My Case status shows "Cards mailed" on 8/18.
However, it didn't provide any tracking number and I haven't get it yet.
Just wondering anyone who has received a green card these days, do you get any tracking number?
Also, after card mailed, how long does it take to receive the green card?
Thanks.
@Denique @aprilyeah @AsianLily @pobst1

Hi @elva7918. I didn’t receive any tracking number either. For me there’s no updates from either USCIS or USPS informed delivery after “card was mailed“ message. It just popped up in my mailbox yesterday. Hope this helps.