• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Do you maintain an active SEVIS record? Does anyone know if you have violated your student visa?

Yes, I support the status. But I opened a company and self-employed, I submit tax reports. Therefore, it is in the system. I thought that self-employment did not need authorization. Error exited, unintentional.

Yes, I support the status. But I opened a company and self-employed, I submit tax reports. Therefore, it is in the system. I thought that self-employment did not need authorization. Error exited, unintentional.

Bear in mind the link I posted for you earlier. That is the policy manual uscis follows.

by the way... The onus is always on the visa holder to understand and follow the terms of the visa.

Hi all,

I have sent my package already but with no irs transcripts, as I couldn't get in touch with them and I also failed to creat an online account (phone verification issue). I included an explanatory letter along with my tax returns and said that I am planning to bring transcripts to the interview.

My concern is that due to pandemic, IRS might continue to operate in a limited capacity till the end of the year.

1. If we fail to get transcripts for the interview (either all of them or only for the last year - my tax returns for 2019 are not processed yet), does it mean no chance to get approved?

2. Is there any option to get help with this issue (e.g. to write to some office/person that would help to get in touch with IRS)?

Thank you in advance!

Have you reached out to USPS as recommended though?
hi Mom,
I filed a missing mail through USPS website, they responded me to be patient they will do their investigation and let me know about. should i wait to them, or go and communicate with USCIS? on USCIS website, it says we have to wait at least a month before to file for a copy of missing mail. I am not sure, if i have to wait or contact them. thanks

Hello. This morning i received an email from my bank letting me know that my credit card was charged by Chicago Lockbox for $1225,00.. My AOS package was delivery at May 28th according to UPS tracking.

Hello. This morning i received an email from my bank letting me know that my credit card was charged by Chicago Lockbox for $1225,00.. My AOS package was delivery at May 28th according to UPS tracking.
Thank you, DV2020SA, for letting us know. My package was delivered on May 29th. Hope to get any news soon too, fingers crossed...

The main applicant in the United States. A family outside the United States.

Yes, I wanted to try. I still have to indicate self-employment. This is reflected in my tax reports and account statements. I have a large number, I'm afraid that my turn will certainly not reach through my country. Although there are restrictions of no more than 7% per country. But in light of recent events, the chances are diminishing.

You’re still not getting it! You as the main applicant have violated your F1 status and are therefore not eligible to process AOS. This is regardless of if you’ve been paying your taxes or not, that is immaterial. F1 status does not allow for unauthorized employment, be it private work or not. Your only chance of a successful outcome is CP!

hi Mom,
I filed a missing mail through USPS website, they responded me to be patient they will do their investigation and let me know about. should i wait to them, or go and communicate with USCIS? on USCIS website, it says we have to wait at least a month before to file for a copy of missing mail. I am not sure, if i have to wait or contact them. thanks

If the website says you have to wait for at least one month, then that is what you have to do.

Hi all,

I have sent my package already but with no irs transcripts, as I couldn't get in touch with them and I also failed to creat an online account (phone verification issue). I included an explanatory letter along with my tax returns and said that I am planning to bring transcripts to the interview.

My concern is that due to pandemic, IRS might continue to operate in a limited capacity till the end of the year.

1. If we fail to get transcripts for the interview (either all of them or only for the last year - my tax returns for 2019 are not processed yet), does it mean no chance to get approved?

2. Is there any option to get help with this issue (e.g. to write to some office/person that would help to get in touch with IRS)?

Thank you in advance!

1. Wait and see.
2. None that I’m aware of.

Yes, I wanted to try. I still have to indicate self-employment. This is reflected in my tax reports and account statements. I have a large number, I'm afraid that my turn will certainly not reach through my country. Although there are restrictions of no more than 7% per country. But in light of recent events, the chances are diminishing.

You did not address the second part of my post. If you decide to proceed with AOS, knowing what you know now, how will you answer these questions on the I-485?:

“Have you EVER worked in the United States without authorization?”
“Have you EVER violated the terms or conditions of your nonimmigrant status?”

You stopped maintaining that status the minute you undertook your Uber employment regardless of if you continued to attend classes and carried the number of required course credits. You have the responsibility of knowing what you can and cannot do on F1. You should have discussed your work plan with your DSO before starting.

Should I send following statements as same copy as the principal applicant, for the derivative applicant (since filing the I-944 also) ?
  1. bank statement
  2. tax transcript
  3. investment statements
  4. real estate deeds and appraisal
Our case:
principal applicant is H-4, who stays home, and doesn't work. (sending all above, doesn't have tax report)
derivative applicant is the H-1B, works and earns income. (sending all above, plus tax report)

sending all above for both, seems like too much paper. about 400 pages for each applicant.

It seems that all Field Offices are open as of today at least from what they say on the website. Unfortunately, all Application Support Centers are still closed.

Last edited:
Should I send following statements as same copy as the principal applicant, for the derivative applicant (since filing the I-944 also) ?
  1. bank statement
  2. tax transcript
  3. investment statements
  4. real estate deeds and appraisal
Our case:
principal applicant is H-4, who stays home, and doesn't work. (sending all above, doesn't have tax report)
derivative applicant is the H-1B, works and earns income. (sending all above, plus tax report)

sending all above for both, seems like too much paper. about 400 pages for each applicant.

Each application should have its own set of supporting documents.

I wonder what your opinion is on this:
In case we see regression on VB numbers, in order to organize the process to accomodate the capacity of the embassies:
Is this going to affect AOSers as well? If we have submited our I-485 on the month when we were current, would the possible regression impact our application?

I wonder what your opinion is on this:
In case we see regression on VB numbers, in order to organize the process to accomodate the capacity of the embassies:
Is this going to affect AOSers as well? If we have submited our I-485 on the month when we were current, would the possible regression impact our application?

Regression will not impact already submitted and accepted AOS filings.