• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I have a similar issue.

Here is what I did.
1) I put together an explanation letter per @Sm1smom recommendation.
2) I added my Tax Return as well as a bank statement to my explanation letter. I highlighted the refund amount from IRS both in the bank statement and in the Tax return. It kind of shows that I've paid my taxes and I already got a Tax refund from IRS.
3) I've been trying to register an online account on the IRS website. It keeps showing an error. They don't reply via phone either.
So I mailed a 4506-T form to IRS requesting Tax transcript. As per the IRS website, it can take from 3-6 weeks until I receive the transcript.
It's a 2-page form and it's easy to fill-out.
However, the IRS website claims they don't mail physical Tax transcripts, currently. I hope the process's inertion will help me despite the current constraints:)

Hi guys @DG Expanse and @Sero1033

I have the same issue with IRS Tax transcript(my tax returns for 2019 are not processed yet, awaiting Tax return and ITIN fro my kids), could you please share your explanation latter?

I had the same issue with the tax transcript.
I am continuously trying every day on IRS web page.
However, I have sent my tax return along with all w2 and all pay slips and bank statement.
Additionally, since my income is pretty low overall (below the threshold), I really hope that I will not have problems if at the moment of the interview, I do not present the transcript.
In the note that I left, I explained the problem and emphasized that in the case of IRS opening up, I will request it through mail and bring it to the interview.
This is in my opinion, the most that I could do.

Hi Sm1smom,

How do I request the transcript copy of the IRS form 8963 (Report of Health Insurance Provider). Form 4506-T doesn't seem to have this option to be requested. Also, tried to Google it but didn't find an answer. Please help.

Hi Sm1smom,

How do I request the transcript copy of the IRS form 8963 (Report of Health Insurance Provider). Form 4506-T doesn't seem to have this option to be requested. Also, tried to Google it but didn't find an answer. Please help.

Contact your health insurance provider.

I'm still waiting for my biometrics appointment but I was just wondering if anyone else have had their interview waived?
On average, 1000 DV lottery winners adjust their status each year. There are hardly 100 of them present on this forum so there might be cases who have had their interviews waived.

Last edited:
Contact your health insurance provider.
Oh, I was convinced that I can get it only from IRS, that's why I didn't included into my package that I sent already. What should I do in this case? Shall I try to call USCIS as well or just wait if they ask me for more prove?

I just hope I will not be denied because of that :( Please let me know...

If the website says you have to wait for at least one month, then that is what you have to do.
Hi Mom
I got a call from USPS today they said our home address was showing vacant during the time they were delivering the mail as i have recently moved to this address however already changed my address through their website but was still our house showing vacant. They said they returned the mail back to the sender most probably but they werent completely sure about it, so they asked me to communicated with the sender. Should i contact USCIS now and which number should i call, the general number or the one that the letter was sent from which was national benefit center? thanks

Hi Mom
I got a call from USPS today they said our home address was showing vacant during the time they were delivering the mail as i have recently moved to this address however already changed my address through their website but was still our house showing vacant. They said they returned the mail back to the sender most probably but they werent completely sure about it, so they asked me to communicated with the sender. Should i contact USCIS now and which number should i call, the general number or the one that the letter was sent from which was national benefit center? thanks

Which address did you use for your AOS package? The old address or the new one?

Hi everyone, maybe this info will be useful for somebody... I called IRS customer service today, and finally spoke with a representative. Unfortunately, she said they are not mailing anything as of now, and she couldn't provide me with any timelines regarding when IRS will start operating properly. If we cannot register our accounts online, we need just to wait. They are opening slow, on Monday, she said, 3 offices started their operations: Kentucky, Texas, and Utah. All paper tax returns (which is in my case) will take much longer to be verified and filed. So, the transcripts for 2019 I doubt I will be able to get before the interview.

So, fingers crossed that the IRS will start working normally soon, and USCIS will take into consideration all these issues when assessing our cases

Hi Mom

Never mind my previous post/question, I figured out what’s going on:
You sent in your AOS package using your previous address, shortly after that, you moved to a new address and filed AR11. USPS attempted to deliver your NOA to your old address as listed on the envelope by USCIS. The notice was subsequently returned returned to USCIS as you no longer reside at the old address and UPS is prohibited from forwarding USCIS mail.

You created this mess for yourself, I’m sorry to say. I remember telling you moving to a new address after sending in the AOS package usually leads to loss of communications from USCIS. You responded by saying you’ll rent and use a P.O.Box for mailing purpose to guard against that, apparently you didn’t. You were relying on USCIS sending mail to your new address based on the AR-11 change of address form you submitted after filing.

You need to call the USCIS 1800 number and hope they can help you resolve this issue by updating your address in their system and making sure it gets reflected in their database against your pending AOS filing.

Never mind my previous post/question, I figured out what’s going on:
You sent in your AOS package using your previous address, shortly after that, you moved to a new address and filed AR11. USPS attempted to deliver your NOA to your old address as listed on the envelope by USCIS. The notice was subsequently returned returned to USCIS as you no longer reside at the old address and UPS is prohibited from forwarding USCIS mail.

You created this mess for yourself, I’m sorry to say. I remember telling you moving to a new address after sending in the AOS package usually leads to loss of communications from USCIS. You responded by saying you’ll rent and use a P.O.Box for mailing purpose to guard against that, apparently you didn’t. You were relying on USCIS sending mail to your new address based on the AR-11 change of address form you submitted after filing.

You need to call the USCIS 1800 number and hope they can help you resolve this issue by updating your address in their system and making sure it gets reflected in their database against your pending AOS filing.

This is the exact reason that I always put my office address as my mailing address on my applications so that I have flexibility to move without having to deal with the paranoia of losing important mail.

Hello Mom,
Changing the state during the DV based AOS process is recommended or not?
If principal applicant can stay in same place until the interview and derivative can work in another state during this process? So, the address would be same. Looking forward to your suggestion.

Mom,

1st of all thanks a lot for your help here on this forum. Is there some kind of donation paypal account or something where we can support you?
Question:
Is there something I can do to expedite my AOS process I will send my package in the next couple days and I know that my wife and I were in USCIS field office two years ago and biometrics were taken already for Employment authorization card and Canadian Visa. Can we attach letter or something explaining that may be we can skip this process and do interview? Or biometric is not a bottle-neck in this process?

Thanks

Is there something I can do to expedite my AOS process I will send my package in the next couple days and I know that my wife and I were in USCIS field office two years ago and biometrics were taken already for Employment authorization card and Canadian Visa. Can we attach letter or something explaining that may be we can skip this process and do interview? Or biometric is not a bottle-neck in this process?
I don't think you can skip biometrics. I do biometrics every year for my visa and nobody ever told me not to do it because I did it last year.
There are specific criteria for expedited processing. Look it up on USCIS website, or search this thread, it was mentioned before. Hint: most people do not fit those criteria.

Mom,

1st of all thanks a lot for your help here on this forum. Is there some kind of donation paypal account or something where we can support you?
Question:

Thanks

Biometrics have been waived for some people over the past few months but fingerprints are valid for only 15 months so it is unlikely USCIS decides to waive it for you.

Oh, I was convinced that I can get it only from IRS, that's why I didn't included into my package that I sent already. What should I do in this case? Shall I try to call USCIS as well or just wait if they ask me for more prove?

I just hope I will not be denied because of that :( Please let me know...
Nevermind... I called my health provider and after that USCIS, and they both confirmed that the transcripts for form 8963 I can get only from IRS. Now I can only wait and pray that IRS will start working properly soon...