• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Biometrics have been waived for some people over the past few months but fingerprints are valid for only 15 months so it is unlikely USCIS decides to waive it for you.
Where did you get this information about bio waivers? Based on what was this waived?

Never mind my previous post/question, I figured out what’s going on:
You sent in your AOS package using your previous address, shortly after that, you moved to a new address and filed AR11. USPS attempted to deliver your NOA to your old address as listed on the envelope by USCIS. The notice was subsequently returned returned to USCIS as you no longer reside at the old address and UPS is prohibited from forwarding USCIS mail.

You created this mess for yourself, I’m sorry to say. I remember telling you moving to a new address after sending in the AOS package usually leads to loss of communications from USCIS. You responded by saying you’ll rent and use a P.O.Box for mailing purpose to guard against that, apparently you didn’t. You were relying on USCIS sending mail to your new address based on the AR-11 change of address form you submitted after filing.

You need to call the USCIS 1800 number and hope they can help you resolve this issue by updating your address in their system and making sure it gets reflected in their database against your pending AOS filing.

Let me clarify that Mom, no i didn't do that :)
I have moved to my new address and then had filed my application from there after i moved and subsequently updated my address in USPS website online as well, however for some reason the USPS had been still showing my new address as vacant house. Also, I had rented a USPS po box but has never used it so far just to avoid creating confusion in USCIS system. I am still not sure, why that happened bcz prior to that delivery i received 2 mails from USPS and AT and T. As you said, i wish i have used the po box instead but nothing to do at this point. Hopefully the USCIS would help me regarding to this. I am going to call them today. Thank you

Hello Mom,
Changing the state during the DV based AOS process is recommended or not?
If principal applicant can stay in same place until the interview and derivative can work in another state during this process? So, the address would be same. Looking forward to your suggestion.

1. No, not recommended. Such a move creates additional delay as your case file will need to be forwarded by the FO with jurisdiction over previous address to the FO with jurisdiction over the new address.

2. That may work assuming you’re treating the principal selectee’s residency as your primary residence and your address as a temporary work related residence.

Mom,

1st of all thanks a lot for your help here on this forum. Is there some kind of donation paypal account or something where we can support you?
Question:
Is there something I can do to expedite my AOS process I will send my package in the next couple days and I know that my wife and I were in USCIS field office two years ago and biometrics were taken already for Employment authorization card and Canadian Visa. Can we attach letter or something explaining that may be we can skip this process and do interview? Or biometric is not a bottle-neck in this process?

Thanks

1. Thanks for the kind thought and gesture. I don’t take payments or donations for the services I render here, not even gift items. My only request is for anybody that has benefited from others should pay it forward by being helpful towards other strangers you may come across in life. Do something for someone or others without the expectation of a reward.

2. No you can’t request to skip the bio process. USCIS will make the determination on their own if they consider your previous bio current. In addition, the bio for your Canadian visa is not useful to USCIS.

Let me clarify that Mom, no i didn't do that :)
I have moved to my new address and then had filed my application from there after i moved and subsequently updated my address in USPS website online as well, however for some reason the USPS had been still showing my new address as vacant house. Also, I had rented a USPS po box but has never used it so far just to avoid creating confusion in USCIS system. I am still not sure, why that happened bcz prior to that delivery i received 2 mails from USPS and AT and T. As you said, i wish i have used the po box instead but nothing to do at this point. Hopefully the USCIS would help me regarding to this. I am going to call them today. Thank you

Oh! I see. Thanks for the clarification.

So it looks like USPS somehow dropped the ball. Yeah, reach out to USCIS and see what they have to say.

Oh! I see. Thanks for the clarification.

So it looks like USPS somehow dropped the ball. Yeah, reach out to USCIS and see what they have to say.
I called the USCIS today, thankfully they confirmed that it was the notice of receip and has been returned to the sender. They also provided my receip number and asked me to call them again on Monday to ask for the redelivery. Thank you for your help and guidance Mom :)

Mom,

1st of all thanks a lot for your help here on this forum. Is there some kind of donation paypal account or something where we can support you?
Question:
Is there something I can do to expedite my AOS process I will send my package in the next couple days and I know that my wife and I were in USCIS field office two years ago and biometrics were taken already for Employment authorization card and Canadian Visa. Can we attach letter or something explaining that may be we can skip this process and do interview? Or biometric is not a bottle-neck in this process?

Thanks
You do realize that everyone that has a visa was already fingerprinted when they got the visa so everyone should be able to 'skip biometrics' in that case.

I think that they ask you to fingerprint before receiving the green card in the off chance that someone else participated at the initial interview. They probably want to see that the person receiving the green card right now matches the person that received the visa.

I think that they ask you to fingerprint before receiving the green card in the off chance that someone else participated at the initial interview. They probably want to see that the person receiving the green card right now matches the person that received the visa.

Not quite. Conducting an extensive background check prior to GC approval has nothing to do with confirming one is the same as the person who applied for an entry visa. OP has already been told it doesn’t work that way, so let’s leave it at that please.

1. No, not recommended. Such a move creates additional delay as your case file will need to be forwarded by the FO with jurisdiction over previous address to the FO with jurisdiction over the new address.

2. That may work assuming you’re treating the principal selectee’s residency as your primary residence and your address as a temporary work related residence.
Thank you MOM,
I think I will keep current residence as primary residence until this process is finished.

You do realize that everyone that has a visa was already fingerprinted when they got the visa so everyone should be able to 'skip biometrics' in that case.

Other than fingerprints, the picture they take you at biometrics is the one that appears on your Green Card.

hi, I have had filed my AOS package before the pandemic and I did give my fingerprints. Then offices got closed so since they start reopening offices should ı call them for my interview or just wait for mail from them ??
thanks.

Hello, everyone!

I am in a pending asylum situation. I am the main applicant. when I applied for asylum I had been in pending I-539 status(my apologies if I wrong use word "status"). My I-539 petition was denied a few months after I applied for asylum. how uscis interpret the time on pending I-539 if the petition was denied? I found different opinions on the web.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I have sent my package already but with no irs transcripts, as I couldn't get in touch with them and I also failed to creat an online account (phone verification issue). I included an explanatory letter along with my tax returns and said that I am planning to bring transcripts to the interview.

My concern is that due to pandemic, IRS might continue to operate in a limited capacity till the end of the year.

1. If we fail to get transcripts for the interview (either all of them or only for the last year - my tax returns for 2019 are not processed yet), does it mean no chance to get approved?

2. Is there any option to get help with this issue (e.g. to write to some office/person that would help to get in touch with IRS)?

Thank you in advance!
Hi im dv 2019 and already have a green card. I had a similar situation. I submitted aos without tax return transcripts, but took them to the interview. Try to call them non stop. I remember i couldnt go though to the customer rep througb phone, sonwas clickimg multiple times untill the operator robot finally redirected me to the rep. I also couldnt register online. Once my request was submitted I received tax returns in a week. But maybe due to current situation it might be two weeks. Good luck.

Hello, everyone!

I am in a pending asylum situation. I am the main applicant. when I applied for asylum I had been in pending I-539 status(my apologies if I wrong use word "status"). My I-539 petition was denied a few months after I applied for asylum. how uscis interpret the time on pending I-539 if the petition was denied? I found different opinions on the web.

Thank you.

You can call to confirm if your FO is open to the public or not, and to know if your IL has been issued or not. I will however caution against getting your hopes high, I doubt the call will yield much.

Hello, everyone!

Thank you.

Are you a DV selectee with a pending asylum?

Hi FYI in spreadsheet my user is bb2020 ... I received my EAD on 6/62020. It was approved on 6/2/2020 and it has validity of 1 year. Apart from that my i485 status still says Case was Received and I had nothing update on that one. My current OPT expires on 07/01/2020 I need my suggestion if I proceed with my STEM Extension is a good idea or not ? Thanks

You can call to confirm if your FO is open to the public or not, and to know if your IL has been issued or not. I will however caution against getting your hopes high, I doubt the call will yield much.
Sorry, Mom. What is it IL?