• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Yeah, I also have 2 applications (my wife and me).
And a lot of documentation. We sent a box (maybe 500 + pages due to bank statements, pay stubs etc).
So, I wouldn't be surprised if mine is also processed longer than usual. But, if only I could knew it's there and being processed.
But, with the USPS poor tracking, I think it's just not the case.

Finally spoke to the USPS customer support representative on the status of my mail.
(it has been more than a week since I sent it and I have an alert message saying that it wasn't scanner during the delivery).
They don't have any information on that, but they suggested calling the office that is handling it and gave the information about it:
3129838130 (433 West Harrison Street Fl Lbby)
However, this number is not responding (saying subscriber is not in service).
On the pages that provide info on what offices were closed, I don't see this particular office.
But, since they are not taking the phone, there is a big chance that it's closed.
I will be calling them tomorrow and provide an update if anything changes.

I tried to call this number like a hundred times, never been answered.

Based on EU being current since June VB was released, you can initiate AOS processing now. Of course you’ll need to start by letting KCC know you’re switching over to AOS.

Hi guys!

I would like to clarify if we got switched from Consular Processing to AOS, do we need to change the current address in the DS-260's for the principal applicant and his accompanies(family)?

Hi guys!

I would like to clarify if we got switched from Consular Processing to AOS, do we need to change the current address in the DS-260's for the principal applicant and his accompanies(family)?

That is no longer necessary at this point in your case.

That is no longer necessary at this point in your case.

Thank you @Sm1smom.

Also, I've just received an email from KCC DV with new DV Payment Receipt form, and there they said that -"In order to complete payment of this fee, once USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form bottom of this page".
In this case, what does it mean - "once USCIS has accepted your case"?
Should I receive a notification that my case accepted by USCIS?

A form that I got in the file attached
This form a little bit different than in AOS Process and Documents_Updated spreadsheet, tab AOS Process, step 5

Attachments

• DV Fee Paid Receipt.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 46
Thank you @Sm1smom.

Also, I've just received an email from KCC DV with new DV Payment Receipt form, and there they said that -"In order to complete payment of this fee, once USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form bottom of this page".

This form a little bit different than in AOS Process and Documents_Updated spreadsheet, tab AOS Process, step 5
Consider this as your 2NL. Fill the attached form and send the correct fee to the given address. because you will get back this receipt with a PAID stamp and you should include this in your AOS package.
p.S. you can use either this form or the other one, it doesn't matter.

Consider this as your 2NL. Fill the attached form and send the correct fee to the given address. because you will get back this receipt with a PAID stamp and you should include this in your AOS package.
p.S. you can use either this form or the other one, it doesn't matter.

Hi @rabey
I've already filled out and sent a cashier’s check and the form from the travel state gov(Adjustment of Status - Fee payment) with an additional stamped letter.

Hello Mom,
I know that you already told me that hiring layer in our case might not be the best idea but it is how it is now... (my company hired them).
My layers keep encouraging me to file the I-864 (for my husband) as a precautionary measure because the I-944 is very new form for USCIS. They think not filling I864 might be a risk to see our application rejected because no I-864 attached. Do you think filing a non-applicable I-864 is safer than having a non-well informed officer?
I would like to get your opinion please.
Thank you

Hello Mom,
I know that you already told me that hiring layer in our case might not be the best idea but it is how it is now... (my company hired them).
My layers keep encouraging me to file the I-864 (for my husband) as a precautionary measure because the I-944 is very new form for USCIS. They think not filling I864 might be a risk to see our application rejected because no I-864 attached. Do you think filing a non-applicable I-864 is safer than having a non-well informed officer?
Thank you
Not mom but my opinion anyway: Your lawyers are just proving that they don’t understand DV. Tell whoever in your company hired them that they are giving you factually incorrect information (In this case about which affidavit of support is applicable) and you don’t want them.

Hi @rabey
I've already filled out and sent a cashier’s check and the form from the travel state gov(Adjustment of Status - Fee payment) with an additional stamped letter.
Then that's fine. Wait until you get the stamped receipt. Continue from step 6 of spreadsheet

Thank you @Sm1smom.

This statement “In order to complete payment of this fee, once USCIS has accepted your case, fill out the receipt form bottom of this page" is prove even KCC personnel do not understand the steps involved with a DV based AOS process. You can safely ignore what it says. If you’ve already sent in your DV Administrative fee payment, just wait for the payment receipt to get sent back and you’re more or less done with the KCC part of the process.

I've got one question regarding the entire process, since I'm not sure that I understood it from the spreadsheet.
Biometrics are performed exclusively at ASCs, correct? It's not possible for it to be performed at FOs?
Also, ASC and FO are determined based on the zipcode of my I-485, as I can check it on the USCIS website, correct?

Hello Mom,
Thank you

Considering this is not an employment based AOS, how come your employer is involved in the process to the extent of their hiring and insisting you use a lawyer who clearly has never handled a DV based AOS filing? I never bothered to inform my employer of my DV selection until after I received my GC because I felt this was a personal issue. Oh well, water under the bridge at this moment.

An I-864 is not DV AOS applicable. Your husband is not filing a family based AOS petition so there’s no reason for you to fill out an I-864 for him. Your household which will be applicable to your husband (even if the only income shown is that earned by you) amongst other things is what will be used in determining public charge. If you’re able to overcome it so will your spouse.

I've got one question regarding the entire process, since I'm not sure that I understood it from the spreadsheet.
Biometrics are performed exclusively at ASCs, correct? It's not possible for it to be performed at FOs?
Also, ASC and FO are determined based on the zipcode of my I-485, as I can check it on the USCIS website, correct?

1. Not correct. The NBC may schedule a bio appointment at a FO if there’s no nearby ASC or if the ASC is closed for some reason.

2. Correct.

p.s. number multiple questions.

I notified my employer about my plans to file a DV-based AOS. They surely advised to consult a lawyer. They did not offer to hire a lawyer for me though. Of course, I did not follow their recommendation and prepared the petition myself, based on this forum.

1. Not correct. The NBC may schedule a bio appointment at a FO if there’s no nearby ASC or if the ASC is closed for some reason.

2. Correct.

p.s. number multiple questions.
Thank you.
Just a quick follow up on 1.
If NBC schedules a bio at FO, is that still a totally separate appointment, or is it performed on the same day as interview?

Thank you.
Just a quick follow up on 1.
If NBC schedules a bio at FO, is that still a totally separate appointment, or is it performed on the same day as interview?

Completely separate. NBC has no jurisdiction over interview appointments.

I also wanted to add that I have a visa for five years.
Can I go through a change of status here, and my family members from CP?
Thanks!

Hi. CN ***EU*** 51*** First, I filed F 260 through the CP. In the light of closed borders. I wanted to switch CP to AOS.
1) I was on visa f -1. In December 2019 I graduated and applied for OPT. So far they have not given an answer due COVID (answer from phone).
2. Can I enroll again and continue my status on F-1 in case of refusal in opt in another school?
3. If I now will start the status change process - will I have time to complete it by September. I have not yet notified KCC of the intention to change the procedure.
4. While studying, I had work at UBER, opened transportation company. I paid taxes. Whether this will be considered not legal work?
5 What are the chances of an AOS ?
Thank you for the answers.