• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Here it says: "DV lottery applicants will be scheduled for biometrics through the normal system; however, if necessary, the Field Office may send the applicant to the ASC to expedite the capture of biometrics and fingerprints."

So if my case is already in the field office, the FO cannot send me to the ASC regardless of how NBC's scheduling system works?
Just wondering if they still follow the same order since these instructions are listed on Q&A published in 2012.

Hi,
My I-485 package had been received on 05/05, and my credit card been cashed on 05/20, and also I got the Receipt Number on the same day. However, I'm still waiting for NOA letter.

I used the receipt number check on USCIS, there is a NEXT STEP:
"If we accept your case, you will receive a receipt notice. If we reject your case, we will send you an explanation with instructions."

Comparing with the other's timeline, mine is delayed a lot.

Is this situation normal? What should I do next if I get nothing like one more week later?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Here it says: "DV lottery applicants will be scheduled for biometrics through the normal system; however, if necessary, the Field Office may send the applicant to the ASC to expedite the capture of biometrics and fingerprints."

So if my case is already in the field office, the FO cannot send me to the ASC regardless of how NBC's scheduling system works?

The NBC schedules the bio appointment prior to sending the AOS petition to the FO.

Hi,
My I-485 package had been received on 05/05, and my credit card been cashed on 05/20, and also I got the Receipt Number on the same day. However, I'm still waiting for NOA letter.

I used the receipt number check on USCIS, there is a NEXT STEP:
"If we accept your case, you will receive a receipt notice. If we reject your case, we will send you an explanation with instructions."

Comparing with the other's timeline, mine is delayed a lot.

Is this situation normal? What should I do next if I get nothing like one more week later?

Thanks a lot!

Contact USCIS

I shipped AOS Package on Friday, 5/29 with Fedex.Just one hour ago, I got the notice from Fedex on missed delivery.
It is saying that Customer not available or Business closed. They will attempt second delivery tomorrow.
I thought Chicago Lockbox was open already. Is It Ok for Fedex to re-delivery tomorrow?

txoutback, it should be open, since only nonemergency personal services are closed temporarily.
However, I have a similar experience. I sent my package a week ago and yesterday it was in "Out for delivery" for the entire day and now I got:
June 1, 2020, 2:55 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of June 1, 2020, 2:55 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
So, I'm not really sure right now if it was delivered but not scanned or lost.
I will be checking with USPS if they don't change this status today.

I found out the reason of the office closure of Chicago lockbox and other offices at downtown location.
They are closed today, due to the safety of protest at Chicago downtown area.
They asked me to let Fedex redelivery tomorrow.
A lot of things are affecting DV2020!

I spoke to FedEx. They will try to deliver up to 3 times for 3 consecutive days.
They put the door tags at the door, which is shown at your FedEx tracking.

After 3 attempts, the shipper or receiver need to call FedEx to do the following options.

1) return to sender.
2) hold at FedEx location
3) ship them to different address.

Since USCIS is business address, there is no option to leave the package at the door.
Most likely, I need to ask them to hold at FedEx location, 2).
I presume many packages will arrive this week.

When holding package at FedEx location, does it mean that at your request they will reattempt to deliver it?

Skip1,
After 1st miss-delivery attempt, you will see some options to choose on FedEx app.
if you select the pick up or hold option, USCIS need to go there to pick up. FedEx said there would door tags on, but I am afraid there will be more than dozens of door tags on next a few days.

Skip1,
After 1st miss-delivery attempt, you will see some options to choose on FedEx app.
if you select the pick up or hold option, USCIS need to go there to pick up. FedEx said there would door tags on, but I am afraid there will be more than dozens of door tags on next a few days.
I wouldn’t rely on expecting uscis to go pick up, although these are unusual days. @Sm1smom , any thoughts?

Thanks for your advice.
After three attempts, only option I have is to return the package to me.
I hope the lockbox will be open on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Do you guys know USPS policies on that? I don't have the option to ask them to deliver it on the next day on my tracking page.
Is just says:

The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of June 1, 2020, 2:55 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
Status
Alert
June 1, 2020 at 2:55 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan

I was trying to call them, but it has been 5 hours since I asked the robot to call me back since they were busy and the wait time was 1h.