• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Just for everyone's information.
I sent our package from Frisco, TX with USPS today on June 1st.
It's a sort of express delivery.
As per USPS, it should be delivered to the Chicago's lockbox tomorrow by noon.
I'll keep everyone in the loop if the delivery is successful or not.

Just for everyone's information.
I sent our package from Frisco, TX with USPS today on June 1st.
It's a sort of express delivery.
As per USPS, it should be delivered to the Chicago's lockbox tomorrow by noon.
I'll keep everyone in the loop if the delivery is successful or not.
Don't overthink about your delivery time. It's normal. I sent my package two months ago and it was delivered two days after what they put it as expected delivery time. Most courier services have been impacted by Coronavirus.

The NBC schedules the bio appointment prior to sending the AOS petition to the FO.
Sorry for bringing up this again. But here it says DV lottery cases are sent to the local field office by NBC regardless of the fact that biometrics has been done or not.

"DV cases are initially identified by the Lockbox. When the Lockbox identifies DV cases, a coversheet is placed on the file indicating to NBC that the application is a DV case. As these cases are received at NBC, they are sorted and shipped immediately to the Field Office with jurisdiction. Interviews for these cases are manually scheduled by the Field Office with jurisdiction as soon as possible."

Sorry for bringing up this again. But here it says DV lottery cases are sent to the local field office by NBC regardless of the fact that biometrics has been done or not.

"DV cases are initially identified by the Lockbox. When the Lockbox identifies DV cases, a coversheet is placed on the file indicating to NBC that the application is a DV case. As these cases are received at NBC, they are sorted and shipped immediately to the Field Office with jurisdiction. Interviews for these cases are manually scheduled by the Field Office with jurisdiction as soon as possible."

Maybe you need to pay attention to what you’re reading. There’s a difference between “schedule” bio appointment (which is what I wrote) and “complete” bio appointment (which is what you’ve interpreted it as).

By the way, the document you’re quoting definitely doesn’t say “DV lottery cases are sent to the local field office by NBC regardless of the fact that biometrics has been done or not” (that is another personal interpretation of yours) is actually linked to on the AOS process spreadsheet on the Chicago Lockbox_NBC_FO tab where I actually described the function/role of each of these bodies.

I’ve been through the process myself and I’ve been providing DV based AOS process guidance long enough for me to know what I’m saying.

Good morning. I called USCIS and learned that USCIS Lockbox Chicago would be closed until further notice, due to safety concern of protest.
At least, Chicago Lockbox will be closed on June 2nd.
Also, USCIS telephone associate told me that they would not pick up packages at Fedex/UPS office.
This is another challenge for us.

Hey Mom. I hope you are doing well. I know that it's very inadvisable to move to a different state during the AOS process because there could be significant delays (especially given the current situation), but I do have one question to ask. Since our case has not been scheduled for biometrics yet (and therefore, as you mentioned, is still at the NBC), would it be less hassle to move now? The idea is that if we move and change address now, before NBC sent the package to our current FO, the NBC would send the package directly to our new FO and it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

The reason I'm asking is that I got a job at a different state starting mid-July. The original plan was to start working remotely and stay put where we are until we finish the whole AOS process. But I was just wondering whether moving now before biometrics is scheduled would be a viable option too.

Hey Mom. I hope you are doing well. I know that it's very inadvisable to move to a different state during the AOS process because there could be significant delays (especially given the current situation), but I do have one question to ask. Since our case has not been scheduled for biometrics yet (and therefore, as you mentioned, is still at the NBC), would it be less hassle to move now? The idea is that if we move and change address now, before NBC sent the package to our current FO, the NBC would send the package directly to our new FO and it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

The reason I'm asking is that I got a job at a different state starting mid-July. The original plan was to start working remotely and stay put where we are until we finish the whole AOS process. But I was just wondering whether moving now before biometrics is scheduled would be a viable option too.

1. I don’t recall stating cases remain at the NBC until they get scheduled for bio before being forwarded to the FO. You guys are misinterpreting what I’ve written so far. So let me re-state what I’ve written so far, the NBC is tasked with scheduling bio appointments. It doesn’t mean cases can’t or do not get forwarded to the FO while they’re being scheduled or yet to be scheduled for the bio. So simply put, FOs do not typically schedule biometric appointments, that is all I’ve been trying to say all these while. The information required for scheduling bio appointment is already electronically captured once the Lockbox scans in the AOS package.

2. In your particular case, the information needed for determining your FO is already on the AOS form you sent it. It has nothing to do with wether the bio has been scheduled or not. So the caution about moving at this stage still applies IMO.

1. I don’t recall stating cases remain at the NBC until they get scheduled for bio before being forwarded to the FO. You guys are misinterpreting what I’ve written so far. So let me re-state what I’ve written so far, the NBC is tasked with scheduling bio appointments. It doesn’t mean cases can’t or do not get forwarded to the FO while they’re being scheduled or yet to be scheduled for the bio. So simply put, FOs do not typically schedule biometric appointments, that is all I’ve been trying to say all these while. The information required for scheduling bio appointment is already electronically captured once the Lockbox scans in the AOS package.

2. In your particular case, the information needed for determining your FO is already on the AOS form you sent it. It has nothing to do with wether the bio has been scheduled or not. So the caution about moving at this stage still applies IMO.
Ah okay, that makes sense now. Thank you for the clarification.

Hi everyone.
How did you translate your documents? I have only school and university degrees I need to translate. Can my husband translate and certify for me and I translate and certify for him?

MrsH, from I-485 instructions:
Translations. If you submit a document with information in a foreign language, you must also submit a full English translation. The translator must sign a certification that the English language translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English. The certification must include the translator’s signature. DHS recommends the certification contain the translator’s printed name and the date and the translator’s contact information.
I do believe you need a certified translator to do that.
There are a stamp and signature on my translations with the information of the translator and statement that they are fluent in both languages.

Hi everyone.
How did you translate your documents? I have only school and university degrees I need to translate. Can my husband translate and certify for me and I translate and certify for him?
I don't think your immediate relatives can translate documents for you. Ask a friend to do it and be sure to include the certification at the end.

MrsH, from I-485 instructions:

I do believe you need a certified translator to do that.
There are a stamp and signature on my translations with the information of the translator and statement that they are fluent in both languages.
No, it is not required. Anyone in fluent with both languages can do it ( Not an immediate relative, like spouse)

Hey guys! For everyone without a SNN, concerned about the Credit Score evidence in terms of the I-944, I wanted to give you an update that out of all credit score agencies, only TransUnion was willing to mail me a document stating that I do not have a credit score. It takes from 5-7 business days to receive the letter from TransUnion, without any charges.

Finally spoke to the USPS customer support representative on the status of my mail.
(it has been more than a week since I sent it and I have an alert message saying that it wasn't scanner during the delivery).
They don't have any information on that, but they suggested calling the office that is handling it and gave the information about it:
3129838130 (433 West Harrison Street Fl Lbby)
However, this number is not responding (saying subscriber is not in service).
On the pages that provide info on what offices were closed, I don't see this particular office.
But, since they are not taking the phone, there is a big chance that it's closed.
I will be calling them tomorrow and provide an update if anything changes.

Hi,
My I-485 package had been received on 05/05, and my credit card been cashed on 05/20, and also I got the Receipt Number on the same day. However, I'm still waiting for NOA letter.

I used the receipt number check on USCIS, there is a NEXT STEP:
"If we accept your case, you will receive a receipt notice. If we reject your case, we will send you an explanation with instructions."

Comparing with the other's timeline, mine is delayed a lot.

Is this situation normal? What should I do next if I get nothing like one more week later?

Thanks a lot!

Finally got NOA letters today after 13 days waiting.
Just for reference only, my waiting times for both the payment cashed and the NOA letters received are longer than normal, probably because the case includes my family, also we are living in a really small town.

In addition, I also used USPS priority to send my package to Chicago lockbox. In my case, I mailed it on 04/29/2020 and there was no delivery information on tracking record even now. My guess is the package always be picked up without a scan. So be patient before you're sure the package is lost. if so, you can create a case on USPS.com, and the local post office will contact you by phone or email. I tried by myself and the Chicago post officer reply me one day after.

I hope the rest steps can go smoothly and well!

limay, congrats!
Regarding the tracking, is the page empty or there is at least something? What's the last status in the tracking?
Did you get an acceptance message(text/email) in 3 weeks?

limay, congrats!
Regarding the tracking, is the page empty or there is at least something? What's the last status in the tracking?
Did you get an acceptance message(text/email) in 3 weeks?

My tracking information was like this since 05/04/2020:
tracking.JPG
I got the message on 05/20/2020. During this long long waiting time, I was so worried and I believed my package was lost in this situation. So I created a miss package case on USPS.com and the local post office (the one near the LOCKBOX location) contacted me one day after said the package probably had been delivered without a scan and it always happen.

When I received my receipt number, I checked online and it shown that my package had been accept on 05/05/2020 which was just two day after the supposed delivery day (delay because of the weekend and Covid-19 issue).

Hope these information can help you.

Last edited: