• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Good morning @Sm1smom
I would like to ask you something about I 944. First, as you know from my previous messages, my AOS package was ready to be sent. My number will become current in November, but I was thinking to send it in the next week. I have all the documentation from my financial sponsor. Everything!
By the way, I was reading a bit the new format. I am in the US under F1 visa. My family is the financial sponsor for this visa. I have an insurance with United health care, but I don t make any money in this country because my family in Italy provide for my expenses. No credit card as well.
1) do i still need a sponsor for the diversity visa lottery?
2) if i don t have an income, with the new I 944, is a problem?
3) do you think it will be a risk send the AOS Package today?
Thank you very much

1. I can’t provide you with the reassurance as to whether you still “need” a sponsor or not bearing in mind what you’ve posted above. All I can say is that it isn’t unusual for the IO to ask for an I-134 from someone on a student status even with evidence of ongoing support from home - some of accounts can be found of the DV2019 AOS thread as a matter of fact. So your call if you want to explore having an I-134 on hand as a back up financial document or not.

2. I don’t know, especially with the current court ruling against its implementation.

3. My response is still the same as the previous time you asked about this particular question.

This is from USCIS website:
ALERT: On Oct. 11, 2019, judges in three separate cases before U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Northern District of California, and Eastern District of Washington enjoined DHS from implementing and enforcing the final rule related to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and postponed the effective date of the final rule until there is final resolution in the cases. Two of the injunctions are nationwide and prevent USCIS from implementing the rule anywhere in the United States. Until final decisions in these cases are issued or the injunction is lifted, USCIS will accept the version of this form on this landing page.

Good morning @Sm1smom
I would like to ask you something about I 944. First, as you know from my previous messages, my AOS package was ready to be sent. My number will become current in November, but I was thinking to send it in the next week. I have all the documentation from my financial sponsor. Everything!
By the way, I was reading a bit the new format. I am in the US under F1 visa. My family is the financial sponsor for this visa. I have an insurance with United health care, but I don t make any money in this country because my family in Italy provide for my expenses. No credit card as well.
1) do i still need a sponsor for the diversity visa lottery?
2) if i don t have an income, with the new I 944, is a problem?
3) do you think it will be a risk send the AOS Package today?
Thank you very much
I was also current in November, and I didnt want to risk it and send all my docs in November.
IO during my interview specifically asked who sponsors me in the US, so I had i134. You can explain that it is your family, but also show all supporting docs for i134.

I was also current in November, and I didnt want to risk it and send all my docs in November.
IO during my interview specifically asked who sponsors me in the US, so I had i134. You can explain that it is your family, but also show all supporting docs for i134.
I just sent my package yesterday. I have a sponsor for the I 134 and it is a friend. I hope the won t reject the package because of the early filing. @Mila05 how do I know if they accepted the package and did not reject? P.s when did you get your interview? Do you have any tips?

I just sent my package yesterday. I have a sponsor for the I 134 and it is a friend. I hope the won t reject the package because of the early filing. @Mila05 how do I know if they accepted the package and did not reject? P.s when did you get your interview? Do you have any tips?
My whole timeline is in aos 2019. I got email notification when docs were accepted. Got interview letter in March 2019, and in April 2019 had an interview. I was anxious very much so I totally understand you, but as Mom always says you need to be patient)))

My whole timeline is in aos 2019. I got email notification when docs were accepted. Got interview letter in March 2019, and in April 2019 had an interview. I t anxious very much so I totally understand you, but as Mom always says you need to be patient)))
Wow it looks like you had a long process. I hope to not wait so long. Thank you :)

Were you also a student paying for your expenses at the time of interview?

Hello Sm1smom and everyone.
Thank you for this forum and sharing helpful info.

I am concerned about the new public charge rule, especially health insurance, taking effect on 10/15.
This new public charge rule includes federal funded health benefit like Medicaid
I am currently in NY and have been enrolled in Essential Plan, which is a health plan by New York State, but for people who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Since my CN is 2020AS22XXX, I assume it won't be current until next year, then this rule is in effect when it's my turn.

Question 1: Any idea on if Essential Plan is considered as health benefit? Should I make sure it is all run by New York state, not government? And then no problem?

2: If it is considered as health benefit, should I sign off the plan? But I have been enrolled more than 3 years... then is it too late anyway?
This is the only benefit I have used among other listed benefits. So with other documents, is there possibility to avoid denial?

Thank you in advance for your insight. Any thoughts are appreciated.

1. Sounds like it is a public health benefit - it is a subsidized program run by the government, albeit the New York State government and not the federal government.
2. I don’t know what you should or need to do about this.

Thank you for your reply. Now that the implementation was suspended, I will see how the things go.

Hi everyone! Been a lurker for a while, taking in all this amazing information. Thanks so much for running this database!
So my brother has been selected for DV 2020. His case will be current in Novmeber.
We're assembling his AOS packet right now, and everything is good to go except the DV administrative fee receipt.
We paid the fee back in May, and he received an email from the KCC saying that his payment has been received. We thought that was that, but now that we're assembling the packet, I notice that it says to include a copy of the 'receipt', not just the email.
So what do we do now? He emailed the KCC but I understand they'll take a while to reply.
He's going to call them today as soon as he gets a break.
Is not having the receipt straight up grounds for disqualification? Even if we attach the email?
Should we wait to submit the packet until we receive the receipt?

Hi everyone! Been a lurker for a while, taking in all this amazing information. Thanks so much for running this database!
So my brother has been selected for DV 2020. His case will be current in Novmeber.
We're assembling his AOS packet right now, and everything is good to go except the DV administrative fee receipt.
We paid the fee back in May, and he received an email from the KCC saying that his payment has been received. We thought that was that, but now that we're assembling the packet, I notice that it says to include a copy of the 'receipt', not just the email.
So what do we do now? He emailed the KCC but I understand they'll take a while to reply.
He's going to call them today as soon as he gets a break.
Is not having the receipt straight up grounds for disqualification? Even if we attach the email?
Should we wait to submit the packet until we receive the receipt?

Not having the AOS administrative fee payment receipt in the AOS package will not lead to an automatic denial. You may submit the AOS package without the receipt which you can present at the interview if requested.

Not having the AOS administrative fee payment receipt in the AOS package will not lead to an automatic denial. You may submit the AOS package without the receipt which you can present at the interview if requested.
Thanks for the swift response.
So he has emailed KCC for a copy of the receipt, and in the meantime he will submit his packet with a copy of the confirmation email as secondary evidence of fee payment.
Thank you again!

Hello,
I am a DV2020 selectee and want to do AOS. I have not yet submitted my DS-260 but I received an email from KCC requesting for further documents. Is this normal?
My case number is: 2020AS00011XXX

Hello,
I am a DV2020 selectee and want to do AOS. I have not yet submitted my DS-260 but I received an email from KCC requesting for further documents. Is this normal?
My case number is: 2020AS00011XXX

You received the document request email because KCC isn’t aware of your plan to process AOS. Looks they’re basically sending out the document request email to all selectees (outside of AOSers who already submitted their DS260 or already indicated to KCC they will be processing AOS). They’re mass emailing none AOS processing selectees, they’ve assumed you will,be processing CP I guess.

Thanks for the swift response.
So he has emailed KCC for a copy of the receipt, and in the meantime he will submit his packet with a copy of the confirmation email as secondary evidence of fee payment.
Thank you again!
Just wanted to update. He emailed the KCC yesterday and got a response with a copy of the receipt today. So he'll be able to send it in within his packet thankfully.

Good morning
I sent my AOS package. I just would like to know, how long should I wait to get for a message where they say that they accepted my package.
1) 6 to 20 days should be the wait?
2) in case they reject the package due to early filling, in my case 20 days earlier, do they send a letter or something?

Thank you in advance!

Good morning
I sent my AOS package. I just would like to know, how long should I wait to get for a message where they say that they accepted my package.
1) 6 to 20 days should be the wait?
2) in case they reject the package due to early filling, in my case 20 days earlier, do they send a letter or something?

Thank you in advance!

1. Look at some of the past timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it typically takes to get the acceptance notification.
2. Your entire package gets sent back if it is being rejected by the Chicago Lockbox.

Question re: eligibility for AOS based on being out of status
- I am currently on TPS and have been since September 12 2016.
- My F1 status expired on May 24 2016.
- I had however applied for TPS on May 2 2016.

So from May 24-Sept 12, I did not have any status as my TPS application was pending. I know that this 3.5 months is not counted towards unlawful presence. I am not sure about whether I was out of status for that 3.5 months. I have read conflicting/unclear information regarding this.

Question:
1. Will I be considered to have been out of status for the 3.5 months?
2. If yes, will that period being less than 180 days be of any significance re: eligibility of AOS?