• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Did you submit your DS260 to let KCC know you’re processing AOS? I’ve not heard of any other AOSer reporting they’ve received the document submission email from KCC. KCC does not process documents for AOSers.

Thx Mom! I just received a response from KCC and they said the exact same thing: A- If you have applied for Adjustment of Status, you are not required to submit the supporting documents to the Kentucky Consular Center. Please follow the Adjustment of Status instructions found on http://www.uscis.gov.
I submitted the DS-260 and guess that it was an automatic email to all selectees. Should I just ignore the email and keep on waiting for my number to become current to file I-485?
My other question is can I participate in the DV lottery 2021? My CN is quite high and I wanted to know if I am eligible to participate again to have a backup.

I’ve filled it out but haven’t submitted it yet and yes I selected AOS

I guess KCC is assuming you’re processing CP which explains why you got the document submission request email. KCC is sending out the email to selectees who already indicated they’re processing CP and those who are yet to submit their DS260 form.

Thx Mom! I just received a response from KCC and they said the exact same thing: A- If you have applied for Adjustment of Status, you are not required to submit the supporting documents to the Kentucky Consular Center. Please follow the Adjustment of Status instructions found on http://www.uscis.gov.
I submitted the DS-260 and guess that it was an automatic email to all selectees. Should I just ignore the email and keep on waiting for my number to become current to file I-485?
My other question is can I participate in the DV lottery 2021? My CN is quite high and I wanted to know if I am eligible to participate again to have a backup.

Yes, ignore the document request.
Yes, you can submit a DV2021 entry. Your DV2020 selection does not preclude you from submitting a new DV entry registration.

KCC does not process documents for AOSers.

Hi Mom, I am still learning about the AOS process therefore I apologize if this is answered in the spread sheet:

1. Does this mean I don't need to send the requested documents to KCC?
2. Do I need the PCC from all relevant countries? I assume for the AOS package?

Hi Mom, I am still learning about the AOS process therefore I apologize if this is answered in the spread sheet:

1. Does this mean I don't need to send the requested documents to KCC?
2. Do I need the PCC from all relevant countries? I assume for the AOS package?

1. Lets back up a minute here to better understand your situation. Have you submitted your DS260 form, and you received the document submission email even though you already indicated you’re processing AOS on the DS260 form?

2. Have you actually gone through the AOS process spreadsheet? It has a list of which documents are AOS applicable.

I have not submitted DS260 yet as our cn is high and we don`t want to show immigrant intent at this point (we live in the US and are eligible for AOS). I would send documents ONLY after submitting DS260. Unless I don`t need to, which is my question.

I am in the process to gather all documents like PCC. But know I am confused after reading here today and as the spread sheet doesn't list PCC under AOS package.

I have not submitted DS260 yet as our cn is high and we don`t want to show immigrant intent at this point (we live in the US and are eligible for AOS). I would send documents ONLY after submitting DS260. Unless I don`t need to, which is my question.

I am in the process to gather all documents like PCC. But know I am confused after reading here today and as the spread sheet doesn't list PCC under AOS package.

1. So you also received the document request email because you’re yet to submit your DS260 form - I had no way of figuring that out simply based on your previous post, hence the request for further clarification. Yes, you can ignore the document request submission.

2. AOS process spreadsheet doesn’t list PCC under AOS package because it is not required.

11 days ago I sent my AOS package. My number become current November 1st
I don t know if i should start to worry about because I ve looked the timelines and the people got a message between the 5 and 11 days. The check is not cashed as well.
It is stressful waiting for something that you cannot control.

I don t know if i should start to worry about because I ve looked the timelines and the people got a message between the 5 and 11 days. The check is not cashed as well.

Yes some received acceptance notifications between 5 - 11 days. How about those who received between 18 - 25 days? You’re still clearly within the reported waiting period, so why not give the process time to unfold as it should? You’re wondering if you should start worrying - well, of what use is that going to be to the process? Like you already noted, you don’t really have much control over this process - so relax and take some deep breaths!

Yes some received acceptance notifications between 5 - 11 days. How about those who received between 18 - 25 days? You’re still clearly within the reported waiting period, so why not give the process time to unfold as it should? You’re wondering if you should start worrying - well, of what use is that going to be to the process? Like you already noted, you don’t really have much control over this process - so relax and take some deep breaths!
Yeah, I know it... it is hard :( thank you for the feedback. I will try to control my emotions

Good afternoon to everyone!
I had a couple questions regarding assembling AOS package and would appreciate if anyone got some answers :)

1. Can H1B status holder fill and sign I-134 for me? I’m an F-1 student living of my parents support and planning on submitting I-134 as a promise of not becoming a potential public charge.

2. Do I need to submit an original of I-134 form with my AOS package or would the copy be efficient enough? So I can show the original during the interview.

3. While filling up I-485 do I need to print A-number on top right corner of every page or is everything on the top of the form intended for USCIS office only?

4. If I had a speeding ticked before which was dismissed after all with no points or conviction and I did answer “yes” to the question on I-485 If I ever been cited or arrested, do I include the Court records of dismissal and a photocopy of the ticket with the AOS package? Or save it till the interview when I get asked about it? Also is that a problem if I only have a photocopy of ticket and lost the original?

5. I found out that I filled up some information in my DS-260 incorrectly (dates of employment in one of the companies and didn’t mention some volunteer work I’ve done in college) but I did mention everything correctly on I-485, should I go back to unlock my DS-260 and make changes? Or just inform USCIS office of corrections before the interview?

6. I’m a little worried about financial proof of “not becoming a public charge in the future”..
Even-though I’m 99.9% confident I will not become one. Is there any advices on what I need to show and include in AOS package so I knock off any USCIS concerns right away and hopefully keep the interview short and simple? Lol I have few bank accounts here in US. Worked as an intern in 2016 and have W2 for that year and worked as an intern during my OPT and have 1099 of paid taxes in 2018 and planning on filling taxes in 2019 for a previous year as well. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any responses in advance!!

Good afternoon to everyone!
I had a couple questions regarding assembling AOS package and would appreciate if anyone got some answers :)

1. Can H1B status holder fill and sign I-134 for me? I’m an F-1 student living of my parents support and planning on submitting I-134 as a promise of not becoming a potential public charge.

2. Do I need to submit an original of I-134 form with my AOS package or would the copy be efficient enough? So I can show the original during the interview.

3. While filling up I-485 do I need to print A-number on top right corner of every page or is everything on the top of the form intended for USCIS office only?

4. If I had a speeding ticked before which was dismissed after all with no points or conviction and I did answer “yes” to the question on I-485 If I ever been cited or arrested, do I include the Court records of dismissal and a photocopy of the ticket with the AOS package? Or save it till the interview when I get asked about it? Also is that a problem if I only have a photocopy of ticket and lost the original?

5. I found out that I filled up some information in my DS-260 incorrectly (dates of employment in one of the companies and didn’t mention some volunteer work I’ve done in college) but I did mention everything correctly on I-485, should I go back to unlock my DS-260 and make changes? Or just inform USCIS office of corrections before the interview?

6. I’m a little worried about financial proof of “not becoming a public charge in the future”..
Even-though I’m 99.9% confident I will not become one. Is there any advices on what I need to show and include in AOS package so I knock off any USCIS concerns right away and hopefully keep the interview short and simple? Lol I have few bank accounts here in US. Worked as an intern in 2016 and have W2 for that year and worked as an intern during my OPT and have 1099 of paid taxes in 2018 and planning on filling taxes in 2019 for a previous year as well. Any suggestions?

Thank you for any responses in advance!!

1. It should be a LPR or a USC.
2. Submit the original. Keep as many copies as you like.
3. Print the A# on the pages.
4. Include the photocopies with your AOS package if that’s all you have.
5. Most important thing is to ensure your I-485 is accurately filed out.
6. I-134

1. It should be a LPR or a USC.
Hi mom, just a follow up question, I saw few posts in 2019AOS tread asking the same question and the answer was always same that i134 should completed by a LPR. But one of my friend got a GC in 2019( he did CP though) and he said he got the i134 from a F1 student ( he is also a friend of mine and he confirmed that he filled i134 for him). So, did the embassy make a mistake?

Hi mom, just a follow up question, I saw few posts in 2019AOS tread asking the same question and the answer was always same that i134 should completed by a LPR. But one of my friend got a GC in 2019( he did CP though) and he said he got the i134 from a F1 student ( he is also a friend of mine and he confirmed that he filled i134 for him). So, did the embassy make a mistake?

Think about it, someone on H1 could lose their job tomorrow and have to leave the US, how is that any comfort to the interviewing officer?

It’s entirely possible your friend convinced the CO of his own ability to earn income and that the i134 was irrelevant in his case.

I don’t know if the embassy made a mistake or not, and I don’t want to speculate on what they did as to what they should have done. I however know it is not unusual for the IO to ask for an I-134 from people in F or J student status processing AOS. If you take your time to go through the AOS 2019 thread, you will come across selectees in F1 status who reported being asked for an I-134. So I always advocate for having an I-134 as a proactive measure to guard against being put on AP at the end of the interview until the affidavit is presented.

Think about it, someone on H1 could lose their job tomorrow and have to leave the US, how is that any comfort to the interviewing officer?

It’s entirely possible your friend convinced the CO of his own ability to earn income and that the i134 was irrelevant in his case.

Thanks for specifying about H1 holders @SusieQQQ
I see the logic now.

Hello mam, I am international student on f1 status. Currently I am working 20 hours in campus as per the rules. My working is on check but tax is not deducted from my earnings. While filling work history on i-485, do I have to include it? Or I can ignore it since tax is not deducted from me and it's just 20 hours?

Hello, i-485 says your last arrival city name in USA .what does this mean? Suppose my port of entry was Abu Dhabi and my first transit in USA while coming from my home country was new York, but my destination location where I am currently living is Texas. Do I have to include Texas or new York or Abu Dhabi?