• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello,
Do I need to copy I94, i20, ead card, passport, visa stamp page, 797 A, G1145... etc for applying i765 and i131? or just one copy for AOS package? Thanks!

You need to include the applicable supporting documents as required by each form you plan on submitting. Refer to the instructions for each form for what is required.

Hello Everyone! My CN is 2020SA000029xx. I received my 2NL already, but i noticed i have an error on my DS-260 (I chose United Arab Emirates instead United States of America) but i read that i have chance to fix it before my interview, either asking KCC unlock my DS-260 applicantion or in the FO before my interview. I'm just waiting for the VB to make DOS fee payments and submit the AOS forms to USCIS (I know it takes time). I was reading about others cases similar to mine (AOSers DV with asylum pending status) and now i'm scared.. I hope everything goes fine, at least i'm not in Texas or the others states where the FO are very strict with the applicants.

My biggest concern is that my passport is expired since 2015, but i was never out of status (b1/b2 from april to oct 2015) and i requested asylum in august 2015.. What do you guys recommend me? I've been studying the spreedsheet and i think you're doing a great job. Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone! My CN is 2020SA000029xx. I received my 2NL already, but i noticed i have an error on my DS-260 (I chose United Arab Emirates instead United States of America) but i read that i have chance to fix it before my interview, either asking KCC unlock my DS-260 applicantion or in the FO before my interview. I'm just waiting for the VB to make DOS fee payments and submit the AOS forms to USCIS (I know it takes time). I was reading about others cases similar to mine (AOSers DV with asylum pending status) and now i'm scared.. I hope everything goes fine, at least i'm not in Texas or the others states where the FO are very strict with the applicants.

My biggest concern is that my passport is expired since 2015, but i was never out of status (b1/b2 from april to oct 2015) and i requested asylum in august 2015.. What do you guys recommend me? I've been studying the spreedsheet and i think you're doing a great job. Thanks in advance.

You actually need to contact KCC right away, letting them know you’re currently in the US and wish to process AOS. You can’t wait until you get to your FO to make that request. KCC will be sending your case file to the applicable embassy in UAE based on what based on your current selection and once that is done, it will be a herculean task trying to get your FO to approve your AOS petition without the KCC file which KCC will most definitely not withdraw from the embassy once it gets sent.

Figure out how to renew your passport.

I am reading instructions for the updated edition of the form I-485. So now AOS DV appilcants need to submit also I-944 form. Am I right?

You actually need to contact KCC right away, letting them know you’re currently in the US and wish to process AOS. You can’t wait until you get to your FO to make that request. KCC will be sending your case file to the applicable embassy in UAE based on what based on your current selection and once that is done, it will be a herculean task trying to get your FO to approve your AOS petition without the KCC file which KCC will most definitely not withdraw from the embassy once it gets sent.

Figure out how to renew your passport.

Yes, you're right. But, they sent me the 2NL and the email says:

"Attached are the Adjustment Letter and Adjustment of Status Mail Form.

Indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the United States and indicate that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office
."

So, apparently they understand that i'm in the USA, but i'm going to send an email to letting them know about my mistake on the form anyway. Thanks for your recommendation.

About my passport, reading various post here i just recently found out that my passport should be accepted until dec 2020.

Hello Sm1smom and everyone.
Thank you for this forum and sharing helpful info.

I am concerned about the new public charge rule, especially health insurance, taking effect on 10/15.
This new public charge rule includes federal funded health benefit like Medicaid
I am currently in NY and have been enrolled in Essential Plan, which is a health plan by New York State, but for people who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Since my CN is 2020AS22XXX, I assume it won't be current until next year, then this rule is in effect when it's my turn.

Question 1: Any idea on if Essential Plan is considered as health benefit? Should I make sure it is all run by New York state, not government? And then no problem?

2: If it is considered as health benefit, should I sign off the plan? But I have been enrolled more than 3 years... then is it too late anyway?
This is the only benefit I have used among other listed benefits. So with other documents, is there possibility to avoid denial?

Thank you in advance for your insight. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I am reading instructions for the updated edition of the form I-485. So now AOS DV appilcants need to submit also I-944 form. Am I right?

Yup. DV applicants sending in AOS package from Oct. 15th are now required to include an I-944 Self Sufficiency form with their AOS package in place of an I-134:

Who Must Submit Form I-944 (and not Form I-864)
If you are a principal or derivative applicant, you must submit Form I-944 with your Form I-485 if you are applying under one of the following immigrant categories:
A. Widow or widower of a U.S. citizen;
B. Alien worker under the employment-based preference categories (Exception: You may also need to file Form I-864 if a relative filed Form I-140 for you or has five percent or more ownership interest in the business that filed Form I-140 for you. See the list above for more details.);
C. Alien entrepreneur;
D. Diplomats or high ranking officials unable to return home (Section 13 of the Act of September 11, 1957);
E. S nonimmigrants and qualifying family members (Form I-485 can only be filed by law enforcement agencies, not by an individual);
F. Diversity Visa program; or
G. Special Immigrants listed below:
(1) Certain U.S. armed forces (also known as the Six and Six program); (2) Panama Canal Zone employees;
(3) Certain broadcasters;
(4) G-4 or NATO-6 employees and their family members;
(5) International employees of the U.S. Government abroad;
(6) Religious workers;
(7) Certain physicians; or
(8) Certain employees or former employees of the U.S. Government abroad.
H. Applicants adjusting under the Amerasian Act (October 22, 1982).

Yes, you're right. But, they sent me the 2NL and the email says:

"Attached are the Adjustment Letter and Adjustment of Status Mail Form.

Indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the United States and indicate that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office."

So, apparently they understand that i'm in the USA, but i'm going to send an email to letting them know about my mistake on the form anyway. Thanks for your recommendation.

About my passport, reading various post here i just recently found out that my passport should be accepted until dec 2020.

Okay. If you already received the 2NL as stated above, it means KCC is already aware you intend to process AOS (I’m guessing based on your listed address?) So your KCC file will not be processed nor forwarded to the embassy in that case. It gets forwarded to your FO, after the FO sends in a request for it.

Hello Sm1smom and everyone.
Thank you for this forum and sharing helpful info.

I am concerned about the new public charge rule, especially health insurance, taking effect on 10/15.
This new public charge rule includes federal funded health benefit like Medicaid
I am currently in NY and have been enrolled in Essential Plan, which is a health plan by New York State, but for people who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Since my CN is 2020AS22XXX, I assume it won't be current until next year, then this rule is in effect when it's my turn.

Question 1: Any idea on if Essential Plan is considered as health benefit? Should I make sure it is all run by New York state, not government? And then no problem?

2: If it is considered as health benefit, should I sign off the plan? But I have been enrolled more than 3 years... then is it too late anyway?
This is the only benefit I have used among other listed benefits. So with other documents, is there possibility to avoid denial?

Thank you in advance for your insight. Any thoughts are appreciated.

1. Sounds like it is a public health benefit - it is a subsidized program run by the government, albeit the New York State government and not the federal government.
2. I don’t know what you should or need to do about this.

Hello @Sm1smom,

I have an additional question on this matter. I am also an F1 student and with similar conditions. The only difference is that my stipend amounts to around 18000 $ per year. Do I also need to file I-134 and is there a limit to yearly income after which we don't need to file I-134?

Thank You

UPDATED RESPONSE:

If you are applying on or after October 15th, you’ll need the new self sufficiency I-944 form, in place of the I-134.

If you are a principal or derivative applicant, you must submit Form I-944 with your Form I-485 if you are applying under one of the following immigrant categories:
B. Alien worker under the employment-based preference categories (Exception: You may also need to file Form I-864 if a relative filed Form I-140 for you or has five percent or more ownership interest in the business that filed Form I-140 for you. See the list above for more details.);
C. Alien entrepreneur;
D. Diplomats or high ranking officials unable to return home (Section 13 of the Act of September 11, 1957);
E. S nonimmigrants and qualifying family members (Form I-485 can only be filed by law enforcement agencies, not by an individual);
(1) Certain U.S. armed forces (also known as the Six and Six program); (2) Panama Canal Zone employees;
(6) Religious workers;

Hello @Sm1smom, @SusieQQQ, & @Britsimon,

Thank you for supporting this form.

I have quick questions that I would appreciate your reply on them. As shown in my previous post that I went to vacation back home for one month and I reentered the US at the end of August.

I submitted my DS-260 and paid the DV fees on September but I wasn't aware of the 90-day rule. I also received my 2NL and my payment receipt. I also figured out that I answered one question incorrectly. Subsequently, I emailed the KCC to inquire how I would fix such an error. Unlocking the DS-260 was suggested by them. When I was searching the internet, and to the best of my knowledge, unlocking the DS-260 will require me to REFILL the whole DS-260 and resubmit it again. I also believe that they will issue me a new 2NL with a new barcode dated with a new date (after my second submission).

1- Is my information correct regarding receiving a second 2NL with a new date?
2- Do you think this will give me an opportunity to resubmit my DS-260 in a timely manner? Saying after a period of 90 days after my re-entry to the US regardless of my first DS-260 submission?
3- I am a student on F-1 Visa and receiving a scholarship of tuition fees paid and some stipend to survive in the amount of $23,500. I was reading the thread regarding affidavit of support and figured out that it is a good idea to submit the form I-134. My wife is a US citizen, does I-864 have anything to do with my case? Obviously, I'm not filling a family-based AOS but just wanted to make sure.
4- If so, should I send a copy of the affidavit of support or should I send the actual form?
5- I have a bachelor's degree (back home), a master's degree from the US, and currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program (in the US, as well). Do I still have to translate my high school diploma and send it in the AOS package?

I know my post seems tedious but will relieve me getting the right answers!
Thank you all.

UPDATED RESPONSE
If submitting AOS package on or after October 15th, an I-944 self sufficiency form is now required in place of the I-134:

C. Alien entrepreneur;
(6) Religious workers;

Thank you for your response.
But here is the thing.
Form I-134 is the Affidavit of Support that's used for temporary or “non-immigrant” visitor visas. Form I-864 is the Affidavit of Support that's used for permanent or immigrant visas.

What should I do?

UPDATED RESPONSE:

If submitting AOS package on or after October 15th, you’ll need to replace the I-134 with an I-944 Self Sufficiency form per the new I-485 instructions:

C. Alien entrepreneur;
(6) Religious workers;

Recent publication from State Dept in Federal Register has some interesting info related to AOS in context of evaluating public charge:

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...-ineligibility-based-on-public-charge-grounds

I didn’t get there yet when this caught my eye:

This rulemaking is also intended to align the Department's standards with those of the Department of Homeland Security, to avoid situations where a consular officer will evaluate an alien's circumstances and conclude that the alien is not likely at any time to become a public charge, only for the Department of Homeland Security to evaluate the same alien when he seeks admission to the United States on the visa issued by the Department of State and finds the alien inadmissible on public charge grounds under the same facts.

Really? They will have CBP officers second-guessing the COs on whether an immigrant visa should have been granted?
Sorry I know this part is not AOS related ...

Okay. If you already received the 2NL as stated above, it means KCC is already aware you intend to process AOS (I’m guessing based on your listed address?) So your KCC file will not be processed nor forwarded to the embassy in that case. It gets forwarded to your FO, after the FO sends in a request for it.
Right, based on my address, even when i put the country i picked UAE instead USA, but my state and zip code was correct. Capture.JPG

Good morning @Sm1smom
I would like to ask you something about I 944. First, as you know from my previous messages, my AOS package was ready to be sent. My number will become current in November, but I was thinking to send it in the next week. I have all the documentation from my financial sponsor. Everything!
By the way, I was reading a bit the new format. I am in the US under F1 visa. My family is the financial sponsor for this visa. I have an insurance with United health care, but I don t make any money in this country because my family in Italy provide for my expenses. No credit card as well.
1) do i still need a sponsor for the diversity visa lottery?
2) if i don t have an income, with the new I 944, is a problem?
3) do you think it will be a risk send the AOS Package today?
Thank you very much

Yup. DV applicants sending in AOS package from Oct. 15th are now required to include an I-944 Self Sufficiency form with their AOS package in place of an I-134:

C. Alien entrepreneur;
(6) Religious workers;

Lastest news:
Federal Judge In N.Y. Blocks Trump's 'Public Charge' Rule On Green Cards

Sorry but i can't post links with the new because it gives me an error. But you can verify on google or any other.