• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Congratulations for everyone who got approved today and the ones who still waiting I wish them much luck soon. Update to my case
I got my bio appointment for 9/21/2020
Yesterday I got a call from my congresswoman telling me that she spoke with someone on USCIS and they will make sure to approve my case right after my bio is done
Today at 11:30 am I got a call from my FO, the IM was so nice
It was a call for 12 minutes we went through almost everything in my case
In brief he said
I just got your file from NBC yesterday and I’ve been working on it, can you come for interview next Tuesday morning I said YES, he asked me if I paid the $330 for kcc I said YES
He says I don’t see this receipt on file and I need it to request your file from KCC, he said I’ll send you email with appointment for Tuesday morning 10 am and you can reply for this email with the $339 receipt
I confirmed my email with him
He said you will receive email within next 15 minutes. I didn’t receive anything until 3 pm
I live 5 minutes away from my FO, I asked my wife is she can take the receipt and go to USCIS ( I work from home )
She went there and asked to see the officer
A supervisor officer came to her
Then asked her to wait
Then after 15 minutes she came and said The file is here and we have everything and told her everything looks good
Show in time for interview

Great news! Hopefully all remaining AOSers will push through the field office door before 30th!!!

Hi!

Thank you so much for all help @Sm1smom

My spouse and I got the Green cards today!

We completed the interview on 09/09/2020 at the San Antonio FO.

The interview was smooth. The officer was super nice and only asked for a passport as ID and no more documents were asked to present. He asked "Name, DOB, Address, Date of Last Arrival, Father's name, Mother's name, and around 10 Y/N Questions", for both of us. He also asked about my new job and we pointed out the new offer letter was in the package and he found it and add it to the I-485. Then he asked us to sign the form and he asked us if we have any questions. We mentioned the new degree achieved after application, but he said no need to add. He didn't mention I-944. The total process only took around 30 mins. Then he said he would make a decision after reviewing the background check results and he thought everything was good. And less than 2 hours later, the status of our cases was updated to "card is being produced". And 09/14/2020 the status changed to "card been mailed" and 09/15/2020 the status changed to "case been approved".

We submitted the package on 04/29/2020 and finally, we completed all steps in time. Thanks again @Sm1smom and this Forums. Definitely we will come back to help in the future!

Good luck everyone!

Hi!

The interview was smooth. The officer was super nice and only asked for a passport as ID and no more documents were asked to present. He asked "Name, DOB, Address, Date of Last Arrival, Father's name, Mother's name, and around 10 Y/N Questions", for both of us. He also asked about my new job and we pointed out the new offer letter was in the package and he found it and add it to the I-485. Then he asked us to sign the form and he asked us if we have any questions. We mentioned the new degree achieved after application, but he said no need to add. He didn't mention I-944. The total process only took around 30 mins. Then he said he would make a decision after reviewing the background check results and he thought everything was good. And less than 2 hours later, the status of our cases was updated to "card is being produced". And 09/14/2020 the status changed to "card been mailed" and 09/15/2020 the status changed to "case been approved".

We submitted the package on 04/29/2020 and finally, we completed all steps in time. Thanks again @Sm1smom and this Forums. Definitely we will come back to help in the future!

Good luck everyone!

Awesome. Congratulations.

Hello,

I had my interview today and after going over I-485 the IO started asking questions about I-693. After establishing that the doctor was not physically present during the check-up (the doctor was remotely connected via Skype by his assistant) he ended the interview and asked me to sit in the lobby. He said that the rule states that the doctor need to be physically present during the check-up and also personally verify the identity of the person. After that, he talked with his supervisor and handed me letter with the case being held in review option check-marked. I asked him whether I should re-do my medical exam, but he said he needs to check first for the availability of DV VISAS and then he will send me a letter stating what to do.

I also talked with a person from the clinic I did the medical, and he told me that recently this issue has come up and in the past, the doctor not being present physically was not an issue. Also, there are multiple cases like mine who did the medical from the same clinic. He told me they are trying to fix this but have not figure out what to do yet. Honestly, I don't think they can do much, but not following the rules of I-693 is really upsetting.

Lastly, I reminded the IO about the time-sensitive nature of DV cases and he said he will consider that.

I know that right now I can't do anything about this until the letter from USCIS arrives. I just wanted to share this with you guys so that you are aware of this and also hear your thoughts.

@Sm1smom I know you are doing a lot for us, and if you can guide me with this then it would mean a lot for me. Thanks again for all that you are doing.

Hello everyone, I have an update to share about my case.

First of all, congratulations to all who had their case approved and best of luck to those who are still in the process.

As you guys know, during my interview (on August 12) the IO discovered that my medical exam was invalid because the physician was not physically present during the checkup. My case was put for review and I did not receive any letter from USCIS for 2 weeks even though the IO promised to send instruction in a week. I called USCIS and managed to get a service request. Two days after the request I got an email asking me to redo the medical. Luckily, I had already made an appointment for a medical (from the same clinic, only this time the doctor was going to be there and no tests were needed). I redid my medical exam on September 4. After not receiving instructions on where to send the new medical form, I called USCIS again on September 9 and I was called back by a tier 2 representative after 8 hours. She carefully listened to me and put another service request for me. I got the response for the service request the next day with the address to send the medical report. I sent the medical report on September 10 and waited until September 14 to get any update for my case. After not hearing anything, I contacted my congresswoman and she put an inquiry for my case on September 15. Today my case was updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". I finally can relax. The congresswoman even asked me to keep her updated about my case and told me to contact her if my card does not arrive in 2 weeks.

Today I want to thank everyone who had contributed to this forum directly or indirectly. Special thanks to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon for your guidance. Without you guys, many of us would have been lost.

I have requested access to edit the spreadsheet to update my details.

Thank you all and stay safe. :)

First of all, congratulations to all who had their case approved and best of luck to those who are still in the process.

As you guys know, during my interview (on August 12) the IO discovered that my medical exam was invalid because the physician was not physically present during the checkup. My case was put for review and I did not receive any letter from USCIS for 2 weeks even though the IO promised to send instruction in a week. I called USCIS and managed to get a service request. Two days after the request I got an email asking me to redo the medical. Luckily, I had already made an appointment for a medical (from the same clinic, only this time the doctor was going to be there and no tests were needed). I redid my medical exam on September 4. After not receiving instructions on where to send the new medical form, I called USCIS again on September 9 and I was called back by a tier 2 representative after 8 hours. She carefully listened to me and put another service request for me. I got the response for the service request the next day with the address to send the medical report. I sent the medical report on September 10 and waited until September 14 to get any update for my case. After not hearing anything, I contacted my congresswoman and she put an inquiry for my case on September 15. Today my case was updated to "New Card Is Being Produced". I finally can relax. The congresswoman even asked me to keep her updated about my case and told me to contact her if my card does not arrive in 2 weeks.

Today I want to thank everyone who had contributed to this forum directly or indirectly. Special thanks to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon for your guidance. Without you guys, many of us would have been lost.

Congrats! Don't forget to fill out the rest of your info missing in the timeline spreadsheet ;)

Received my GC today.

Recap of recent EGov.USCIS updates, after 09/09 Interview:

09/09 Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed
09/11 New Card Is Being Produced
09/15 Card Was Mailed To Me
09/17 Case Was Approved
09/17 <Physical card arrived>

The welcome letter can also be the approval letter. If you didn't received an approval letter before getting the GC then I will delete that cell

I just received my green card attached to a white page that was literally the top sheet with USPS tracking number an with instruction to keep it for future if I need to submit a request for replacement. Only other thing inside the envelope was a brochure for new LPR and a sleeve to keep the GC.
This was also what I received.

This is great. Congratulations and thank you for returning to update us especially with regards to the medical exam part.

Hello,
we just finished the interview at FO and share my experience below.

We checked in 15 minutes prior to before the interview to call the phone number of FO.
In 20 minutes, Officer called me my cell phone to go through security.

First, the officer started to review my case using I-485 form one by one and sign it at the end.
He asked us if we had diversity visa lottery paper works, the case number on hand. He said they should be somewhere in the package, but couldn’t find it so far. I gave him copies of DV lottery winning letter, AOS letter and the opy of the DV lottery fee receipt to him for convenience. He appreciated it.

Second, he conducted the interview for my wife as he did for me. No challenging questions at all.
My wife submitted the revised medical form at the end and sign it.

Lastly, I reminded KCC file is required to transfer to FO and politely ask officer to follow up if required.
He said he had everything to approve our cases and he would approve our case today.
(Background check is cleared a week ago.)

I presume when USCIS approve our cases without KCC file transfer, there might be some message popping up, let’s see.
(FO didn’t request case file to KCC as of yesterday.)

IO didn’t review I-944 at all and the interview lasted at most 30 minutes.
IO was really nice gentleman and we are very happy after the interview.

Thank you very much for everybody in the forum for helpful information all the time.
I will keep you posted.

Hi!

Good luck everyone!
Your timeline and mine is very similar. The GC as per USPS estimate was suppose to arrive 18th Friday (Today) but it arrived 2 days early on 16th. Other than that all your status update is same as mine. We had our interview on 9th and first card mailed status then case approved. So, GC is on its way. Good luck man

Last edited:
Hello @Sm1smom,
I am loosing hope for my case and start to desperate... we did our bio on 08/04 (Cleveland, OH) and our interview on 09/04 (Detroit, MI) and still no update after 2 weeks... The IO ended the interview saying that she did not check our background check yet and that she still has to review our case. I am wondering if the fact that we did our BIO in another ASC can explain why my background check would not have been triggered right away and that there is some delay. Or simply because I am an Chemical Engineer ...?

I could talk to a Tier2 on Wednesday, she could not even see that my Interview was done on 09/04, does this mean something is wrong? She was pleasant and sent an expedite request (actually just a notification to the FO because she knew I am not eligible to a formal expedite request).

I am considering to contact my senator on Monday, do you think it may help us at this point? At least to know the reason?
Thank you in advance for your lights.

Hi guys! Good morning:)

I just checked my status and it's
"New card is being produced"!!!!
Thank you so so much ! I can't believe I'm here.
Can't wait to get my card in my hands!

It is really long and just my story so don't care about it just wanted to talk.

Since I moved to this country, I've been trying to get a status to work. I didn't know about DV lottery the first year so this was third time to apply for DV lottery. But what a year 2020. My CN was really high so I wasn't sure if I get current before September 30.
Then April, visa bulletin showed "June/current"
I should have started to search what I had to but what a idiot I was, I thought I would get some emails from KCC somehow so I waited till June. But no any mails from anyone of course.
So finally I worried about submitting documents in end of June.
Started to search what I need, get all evidence I need and filled out I-485 I-944 I-134 that took a month because I found out I didn't send $330 yet so had to wait the receipt. Still I wasn't sure what I was doing and if it was right. Anyway I just sent all documents and evidences end of July.
I got NOA1 letter from USCIS on August 14?
It was just a receipt so had to wait for more letters.
The deadline was getting close but nothing I could do.
August 26, I went to sushi restaurant with my friend and she told me I should hire a lawyer. She got her marriage based green card last year so she talked about how interview goes. Next day I contacted her lawyer but also I did more research to figure out what people say about AOS or DV2020. Then Oh my goodness I found here !! I didn't even imagine how many DV lottery winners in the US. And seems like helping each other..!
That moment changed my future!

Two months later, guess where I am.
I'm here ! I mean almost there, be a part of this country. I never ever forget that you guys save my life. I would love to help future DV AOSers like you guys did.
Thank you so much. I can't express my feeling with low vocabulary but please feel it !
I'll be here as long as someone post.
Thank you again!!!!!

Since I moved to this country, I've been trying to get a status to work. I didn't know about DV lottery the first year so this was third time to apply for DV lottery. But what a year 2020. My CN was really high so I wasn't sure if I get current before September 30.
I should have started to search what I had to but what a idiot I was, I thought I would get some emails from KCC somehow so I waited till June. But no any mails from anyone of course.
Started to search what I need, get all evidence I need and filled out I-485 I-944 I-134 that took a month because I found out I didn't send $330 yet so had to wait the receipt. Still I wasn't sure what I was doing and if it was right. Anyway I just sent all documents and evidences end of July.
August 26, I went to sushi restaurant with my friend and she told me I should hire a lawyer. She got her marriage based green card last year so she talked about how interview goes. Next day I contacted her lawyer but also I did more research to figure out what people say about AOS or DV2020. Then Oh my goodness I found here !! I didn't even imagine how many DV lottery winners in the US. And seems like helping each other..!

I'm here ! I mean almost there, be a part of this country. I never ever forget that you guys save my life. I would love to help future DV AOSers like you guys did.
Thank you so much. I can't express my feeling with low vocabulary but please feel it !
Thank you again!!!!!

This is awesome! Congratulations :D

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am loosing hope for my case and start to desperate... we did our bio on 08/04 (Cleveland, OH) and our interview on 09/04 (Detroit, MI) and still no update after 2 weeks... The IO ended the interview saying that she did not check our background check yet and that she still has to review our case. I am wondering if the fact that we did our BIO in another ASC can explain why my background check would not have been triggered right away and that there is some delay. Or simply because I am an Chemical Engineer ...?

I could talk to a Tier2 on Wednesday, she could not even see that my Interview was done on 09/04, does this mean something is wrong? She was pleasant and sent an expedite request (actually just a notification to the FO because she knew I am not eligible to a formal expedite request).

I am considering to contact my senator on Monday, do you think it may help us at this point? At least to know the reason?
Thank you in advance for your lights.

There's still roughly 1 and a half weeks left till the end of the FY (plenty of time IMO), so why will you be loosing hope??? I understand reading about other people's good news can get to someone who like you who is still waiting, but I don't think that is enough reason to start loosing hope at this point. What if you haven't had the interview or bio like @Ahmedaboesawy2020 who is waiting until next week to do either of those and is still very much positive? So hang in there!

Says who your background check hasn't been triggered? The IO is not the one that conducts the background check, her saying "she did not check our background check yet" simply means she hadn't checked (as at the time of your interview) to see if it had cleared or not. Background check gets triggered the instant the bio gets completed. Doing the bio at a ASC, different from the FO, is the normal process. Clearing the background check process differs from person A to person B like you already know, so yours may be undergoing some additional checks based on whatever the initial check turned up.

Tier 2 rep not seeing anything in the system regarding the completed interview doesn't mean anything, they will not see anything if the IO hasn't updated the system. Yes you can initiate a congressional inquiry and wait to see the response .

Thank you again!!!!!

I love your story :). Thanks for sharing.

Hi All,
In what format the green card is delivered? is it a letter or a package? Asking, because my virtual PO box doesn't forward packages internationally. And I plan to travel immediately after the interview.
Thanks!

Hi All,
In what format the green card is delivered? is it a letter or a package? Asking, because my virtual PO box doesn't forward packages internationally. And I plan to travel immediately after the interview.
Thanks!
Mine was a relatively thin, roughly A5-sized envelope, delivered by USPS. There's not much in there, as noted earlier, by @asm_dv.

Received my GC today.

Recap of recent EGov.USCIS updates, after 09/09 Interview:

09/09 Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed
09/11 New Card Is Being Produced
09/15 Card Was Mailed To Me
09/17 Case Was Approved
09/17 <Physical card arrived>
09/18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office [On September 17]

Hi Sm1smom, I still didn't get my interview notice. I file a service request, but it didn't help. and waiting for congressman's response. Does there anything I can do now?

Same situation.... the case is in limbo. It looks like it was ignored: two expedited requests denied (the latest one denied today), service request to schedule an interview is marked as "completed", but we never received any reply from them (unless it was sent via post). Good luck!

Hello,
we just finished the interview at FO and share my experience below.

We checked in 15 minutes prior to before the interview to call the phone number of FO.
In 20 minutes, Officer called me my cell phone to go through security.

First, the officer started to review my case using I-485 form one by one and sign it at the end.
He asked us if we had diversity visa lottery paper works, the case number on hand. He said they should be somewhere in the package, but couldn’t find it so far. I gave him copies of DV lottery winning letter, AOS letter and the opy of the DV lottery fee receipt to him for convenience. He appreciated it.

Second, he conducted the interview for my wife as he did for me. No challenging questions at all.
My wife submitted the revised medical form at the end and sign it.

Lastly, I reminded KCC file is required to transfer to FO and politely ask officer to follow up if required.
He said he had everything to approve our cases and he would approve our case today.
(Background check is cleared a week ago.)

I presume when USCIS approve our cases without KCC file transfer, there might be some message popping up, let’s see.
(FO didn’t request case file to KCC as of yesterday.)

IO didn’t review I-944 at all and the interview lasted at most 30 minutes.
IO was really nice gentleman and we are very happy after the interview.

Thank you very much for everybody in the forum for helpful information all the time.
I will keep you posted.
Mom,
Since you are so knowledgeable, may I ask you a few questions?

My IO said he would approve our cases next 10-15 minutes, but no update so far. (Our interview was first in the morning in eastern.)
I know he needs to enter some information into the system and request visa or something for approval.

1) Will supervisor or secondary person review and adjudicate the case after IO’s approval?

2) As of this morning, KCC told me FO had never requested my case file. Based on your explanation before, KCC file needs to be in FO for adjudication.
Is this “no KCC file situation at FO” to stop approval process?

3) Our background check was cleared a week ago.
Is there any delays due to administrative processing except KCC file?