• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello
I had my interview yesterday but unfortunately I didn't get a decision yet due to backlog within USCIS cuz my officer didn't get a hold my other case file pending asylum. It was smooth we just went thro the form corrected my middlename no question about I944 . By the end of the interview he told me non is granted so far and you are aware of the deadline unfortunately although I'm putting your case in a watch list . And he told me he requested my file from them but didn't get any response yet and will try his best and told me from the look of it everything is good here but can't make a decision until he review the other file . I really don't know what to do now and this is seems an internal delay .I asked him about my background check he told also am waiting on that . If anyone have an idea how to get this escalated other than contacting my representative would appreciate it.

Well there's still time before the deadline, at this point you will just have to wait. By the way could you please complete your info in the timeline spreadsheet? You're number 131 in the list

Hello
I had my interview yesterday but unfortunately I didn't get a decision yet due to backlog within USCIS cuz my officer didn't get a hold my other case file pending asylum. It was smooth we just went thro the form corrected my middlename no question about I944 . By the end of the interview he told me non is granted so far and you are aware of the deadline unfortunately although I'm putting your case in a watch list . And he told me he requested my file from them but didn't get any response yet and will try his best and told me from the look of it everything is good here but can't make a decision until he review the other file . I really don't know what to do now and this is seems an internal delay .I asked him about my background check he told also am waiting on that . If anyone have an idea how to get this escalated other than contacting my representative would appreciate it.

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. If your IO is waiting on your background check clearance and your asylum case file, unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to escalate or expedite the process. You just have to wait and see at this point, your IO already confirmed he's aware of the approaching deadline.

Hi,
The USCIS status shows Fingerprint Fee Was Received on August 18 and no changes since then.
I have sent the email to KCC twice to ask if my case is transferred to the field office or if there is an update but never heard back.

What is the best move for me to do now? calling the office?

Thank you

Hi,
The USCIS status shows Fingerprint Fee Was Received on August 18 and no changes since then.
I have sent the email to KCC twice to ask if my case is transferred to the field office or if there is an update but never heard back.

What is the best move for me to do now? calling the office?

Thank you

Call KCC and ask in person if you want a response to the KCC file query.

1. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case file?
2. Which country are you chargeable to?
3. When did you file for AOS?
4. What is your current status?

Call KCC and ask in person if you want a response to the KCC file query.

1. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case file?
2. Which country are you chargeable to?
3. When did you file for AOS?
4. What is your current status?

1. I am not quite sure about the FO location. I live in Los Angeles
2. Taiwan
3. In early August. The status shows 8/4 received Form I-485
4. F-1 visa

1. I am not quite sure about the FO location. I live in Los Angeles
2. Taiwan
3. In early August. The status shows 8/4 received Form I-485
4. F-1 visa

Your FO is most likely familiar with DV based AOS applications in that case if you fall under one of the LA FOs (use the link provided above to figure out your actual FO though). Once you figure out the actual FO, take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to see if your FO is listed and get an idea of the processing time for others from the same FO

Why did you wait for so long to file though? I'm assuming you've been in the US since the VB became current back in June if you're in F1 status (which is when you've been following this forum). Anyway, doesn't matter any more. You can initiate a congressional inquiry which may help or may not help.

@limintu90 Here's the timeline spreadsheet so that you can check out other people with the same Field Office. Also with the info you gave us so far I wrote you down on line 134. If you could send a request for editing access (check next to the zoom) and fill out the rest of the information, it would be really appreciated. If you can't then write the rest of the info in a post and I will do it for you.

Hello y'all, we are still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. There is very little time left, but we are not giving up! As I mentioned earlier we spoke to tier 2 officer and asked to send a service request to schedule an interview, this was on Sep 4. Today, on Sep 16, the status of this request has changed to "completed" and "response sent", BUT we have not received any response (that is usually sent via email, as it was with expedite request)! INSTEAD, we have a new expedite request appeared in the "Next Steps" on egov.uscis.gov. Do you know if this new expedite request could be initiated by the NSC, which was handling our interview service request? Thanks!

Our timeline: Current - June; I-485 received date 06/01/2020; Acceptance text: 06/08/2020; Bio Applied (from other case) 06/16/2020; Expedite request 08/04/2020, denied 08/06/2020; service request to schedule an interview: requested 09/04/2020, completed 09/16/2020; New Expedite request appeared on 09/16/2020.