• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Case Approved!!
My wife (f2 visa -main applicant) and I ( f1 stem opt - derivative applicant) had our interview at New Orleans FO in this morning.

Our appointment was at 8 am, we walked in at 7:45, passed security and checked in ( index finger print and picture taken for both of us).

We waited 30-40 mins for our officer, then he called our names. We went to his office, and sworn ( just said "I do" after him). Then, he asked for our passport and IDs. He had our files in front of him ( package that I sent and KCC file).

• My wife speaks very little English, he was OK for that. He actually knew that because I put myself as an interpreter on her I-485 (asked if she need one, I said I will help her and he said " let me know if you don't understand and I will speak slowly").
  • He just asked her name and DOB.
  • He ask most of the questions to me.
  • He just went over I-485 basic questions. (My name, DOB, birthplace, our kid's name, employment info, last arrival, if am still student or working, how long I've been working, when and where we got married, etc)
  • He asked for our child's birth certificate, he looked at the original and I gave him a copy.
  • Yes/No Security questions. He asked to both of us, we answered at the same time. Just said NO.
  • I gave him updated pay stubs, and latest bank statement,
  • I kept copy of our lease.
  • He didn't asked anything about I-944. My wife had Medicaid thru her pregnancy but he didn't ask anything about that. Even though, I mentioned that in I-944 and put copy of cancellation notice for medicaid in my package.
  • My friend prepared I-134 for us but I didn't give it. (because he said he already approved us)
  • He said that my package is really good and he actually had everything he needed. Thanks to this forum and spreadsheet.
  • We signed I-134 at the end.
At the end, he said " I already approved your case and pulled out visa for you, you should expect your green card in within 2-3 weeks."
I assume he already approved us before interview.

Nothing changed in online status yet, we just got out an hour ago. He didn't give us paper for interview result.

Thank you everyone in this forum. I wouldn't get this far without you guys. I will update again once I got notice.

Last edited:
I was interviewed on 09/04... and still no update... I don't know what to do... KCC confirmed me that my file was transferred to my FO the same day as my bio (08/04)

Hi there. It took two weeks from the date of our interviews for our cases to move to "New Card Is Being Produced", which happened last Thursday. I think our cases were fairly straightforward too (AOS from L1A / L2 visas, US-ally nationals).

If I am not mistaken @mendokusai you wrote earlier about something about the timeline spreadsheet changing and I did that to your handle name!!!!. And referenced @Sm1smom and @val94 . Well, I updated my GC received date but nothing else. FYI the rank of the handle name do change as new members who actually became current earlier but enters their info in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is sorted by Current Month. When I first entered my info back in April I was #48 and now #67.

Surprisingly enough, when I checked my timeline today I saw that someone entered date for my Welcome letter!! I Have not received the Official Welcome letter and that field was empty. I don't know who is actually entering dates into my timeline, FYI.

Don't know how I could replace your handle name and data as your current month is different than mine. Check with forum admin they actually have record of who edited the timeline and I know for sure I did not do what you are accusing me of.

Last edited:
Hi Sully,

My H1B got revoked a few weeks after I received my GC, so probably you would receive a notification in a few weeks telling you the same. Just make sure to let your employer know that you are now LPR once you have the GC with you.

Congrats on your new status!
Did you actually receive a mail notifying that?

Case Approved!!
My wife (f2 visa -main applicant) and I ( f1 stem opt - derivative applicant) had our interview at New Orleans FO in this morning.

Our appointment was at 8 am, we walked in at 7:45, passed security and checked in ( index finger print and picture taken for both of us).

We waited 30-40 mins for our officer, then he called our names. We went to his office, and sworn ( just said "I do" after him). Then, he asked for our passport and IDs. He had our files in front of him ( package that I sent and KCC file).

• My wife speaks very little English, he was OK for that. He actually knew that because I put myself as an interpreter on her I-485 (asked if she need one, I said I will help her and he said " let me know if you don't understand and I will speak slowly").
  • He just asked her name and DOB.
  • He ask most of the questions to me.
  • He just went over I-485 basic questions. (My name, DOB, birthplace, our kid's name, employment info, last arrival, if am still student or working, how long I've been working, when and where we got married, etc)
  • He asked for our child's birth certificate, he looked at the original and I gave him a copy.
  • Yes/No Security questions. He asked to both of us, we answered at the same time. Just said NO.
  • I gave him updated pay stubs, and latest bank statement,
  • I kept copy of our lease.
  • He didn't asked anything about I-944. My wife had Medicaid thru her pregnancy but he didn't ask anything about that. Even though, I mentioned that in I-944 and put copy of cancellation notice for medicaid in my package.
  • My friend prepared I-134 for us but I didn't give it. (because he said he already approved us)
  • He said that my package is really good and he actually had everything he needed. Thanks to this forum and spreadsheet.
  • We signed I-134 at the end.
At the end, he said " I already approved your case and pulled out visa for you, you should expect your green card in within 2-3 weeks."
I assume he already approved us before interview.

Nothing changed in online status yet, we just got out an hour ago. He didn't give us paper for interview result.

Thank you everyone in this forum. I wouldn't get this far without you guys. I will update again once I got notice.

Status changed to “New card is being produced” for both of us after 2 hours from our interview.

Hi @Sm1smom and everyone!

Just got out from my interview today. It was hell of the experience, but it is over. Got in at 8:45 am, and out at 12pm. Three hours interview - I do believe I bit all the records, haha... Most of the time I was waiting (about two hours), because somebody messed with my appointment and they didn't expect me today. I have to give them a credit that they still tried their best and interviewed me.

So three things to point out from my experience:

1. Denver office doesn't know the process of DV lottery at all!!! The last case they had, IO told me, was about 2 years ago. I said that KCC confirmed me that my file wasn't requested and the FO needs it for adjudication, but she said that actually they don't need it and she has everything she needs for approval. I tried to point out that I just want to be sure that everything goes smoothly. She still insisted she doesn't need my file.

2. They don't know how the Follow to Join process works either (maybe I'm wrong, but that what I felt). I said that my wife is still waiting for CP, but the embassy needs my adjudication and if you can send the file directly to the embassy, they can proceed. First what she said, your wife cannot be adjudicated because she is not present in the united states. I repeated myself that my with will be interviewed at the embassy, the only thing we need is the trigger to get interview appointment. She said she doesn't have to do anything else but adjudicate my case and I will need to work with embassy myself. That's a bum...

3. She said that because I filed on May 29th but my case got current on June 1st, there is a risk of denial. I mentioned the memo that allows to file 2 months in advance, and I filed just two days in advance. She said yes they know about the momo, but it is from 2013 and they need to be sure it is still valid (current). Once legal department gives their feedback, she will take decision on my case. Now I'm scared...

Three questions that I have now:

1. @Sm1smom please advice and tell me that memo wasn't cancelled or something, that I'm all good...

2. Plus, what shall I do in the case with follow to join process? Work with kcc or embassy or there is no chance for us?

3. If my file is not requested from KCC, am I under the risk? What shall I do?

Please help... Thank you in advance!

tempsnip.png

Wow, finally!!! New Card Is Being Produced!!!

Relieved to have this status reflected. It has been a long and nerve-wracking process, really distracting from family and job functions and I am happy it seems to be close to be over. We had a legal status to fall back if needed and my kids had become GC holders much earlier through a different route, and hence we were not as desperate for the GC, so I can only imagine how difficult and exhausting the process can be for many others.

So, with this, I do want to thank this forum for being such a great and supportive place and especially @Sm1smom, as I believe I have become one of the forum members testing her patience quite a few times this year!!! :):):) Definitely need to thank @Britsimon who, like for many others, was the first knowledge point to bump into and served as a guiding gate to this forum, @SusieQQQ and @Xarthisius for a huge amount of valuable information shared, as well as my very supportive fellow applicants this year from the same area @Mirmar, @WaitingAoS, @ai19990, and all forum contributors (I am sure subsequent years' participants will thank @val94 for her such a diligent follow up!).

A couple of points of information that may be useful for others:
- While it took more than a week for the status to change, I suspect that most of this time was taken by KCC being closed earlier this week due to inclement weather and unable to send the file to the FO. I called KCC yesterday to check and they confirmed that, while the USCIS request came immediately after the interview, they only responded yesterday.
- Checking the last years’ experience (and confirmed by experience of this year applicants), it seems the Fairfax FO tends to request KCC file after the interview – unlike many other FOs.

I presume I will stay active in this forum (at least for a while) and hope to give back.

Good luck to those still in the race!

Last edited:
Hi @Sm1smom and everyone!

Just got out from my interview today. It was hell of the experience, but it is over. Got in at 8:45 am, and out at 12pm. Three hours interview - I do believe I bit all the records, haha... Most of the time I was waiting (about two hours), because somebody messed with my appointment and they didn't expect me today. I have to give them a credit that they still tried their best and interviewed me.

So three things to point out from my experience:

1. Denver office doesn't know the process of DV lottery at all!!! The last case they had, IO told me, was about 2 years ago. I said that KCC confirmed me that my file wasn't requested and the FO needs it for adjudication, but she said that actually they don't need it and she has everything she needs for approval. I tried to point out that I just want to be sure that everything goes smoothly. She still insisted she doesn't need my file.

2. They don't know how the Follow to Join process works either (maybe I'm wrong, but that what I felt). I said that my wife is still waiting for CP, but the embassy needs my adjudication and if you can send the file directly to the embassy, they can proceed. First what she said, your wife cannot be adjudicated because she is not present in the united states. I repeated myself that my with will be interviewed at the embassy, the only thing we need is the trigger to get interview appointment. She said she doesn't have to do anything else but adjudicate my case and I will need to work with embassy myself. That's a bum...

3. She said that because I filed on May 29th but my case got current on June 1st, there is a risk of denial. I mentioned the memo that allows to file 2 months in advance, and I filed just two days in advance. She said yes they know about the momo, but it is from 2013 and they need to be sure it is still valid (current). Once legal department gives their feedback, she will take decision on my case. Now I'm scared...

Three questions that I have now:

1. @Sm1smom please advice and tell me that memo wasn't cancelled or something, that I'm all good...

2. Plus, what shall I do in the case with follow to join process? Work with kcc or embassy or there is no chance for us?

3. If my file is not requested from KCC, am I under the risk? What shall I do?

Please help... Thank you in advance!

1. You should have had a printout of the USCIS website (and not rely on a 2013 Memo) where it says:
“Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.”

This was discussed a couple of times in this forum. Too bad you missed that and subsequently didn’t go in well prepared enough

2. KCC can’t do anything about the FTJ process. The embassy can’t do anything either. Your FO must forward you’re approved case file in order to set that ball rolling. Anyway, focus on getting approved first yourself. You can always sponsor your wife if FTJ doesn’t work out. You also need to remember even if your FO forwards your approved case file, the embassy has to be willing to interview your wife which is in the midst of everything going on the 2020 CPers.

3. They will soon figure out they can’t approve the case without the KCC file, we’ve seen this before.

View attachment 2076

Wow, finally!!! New Card Is Being Produced!!!

Relieved to have this status reflected. It has been a long and nerve-wracking process, really distracting from family and job functions and I am happy it seems to be close to be over. We had a legal status to fall back if needed and my kids had become GC holders much earlier through a different route, and hence we were not as desperate for the GC, so I can only imagine how difficult and exhausting the process can be for many others.

So, with this, I do want to thank this forum for being such a great and supportive place and especially @Sm1smom, as I believe I have become one of the forum members testing her patience quite a few times this year!!! :):):) Definitely need to thank @Britsimon who, like for many others, was the first knowledge point to bump into and served as a guiding gate to this forum, @SusieQQQ and @Xarthisius for a huge amount of valuable information shared, as well as my very supportive fellow applicants this year from the same area @Mirmar, @WaitingAoS, @ai19990, and all forum contributors (I am sure subsequent years' participants will thank @val94 for her such a diligent follow up!).

A couple of points of information that may be useful for others:
- While it took more than a week for the status to change, I suspect that most of this time was taken by KCC being closed earlier this week due to inclement weather and unable to send the file to the FO. I called KCC yesterday to check and they confirmed that, while the USCIS request came immediately after the interview, they only responded yesterday.
- Checking the last years’ experience (and confirmed by experience of this year applicants), it seems the Fairfax FO tends to request KCC file after the interview – unlike many other FOs.

I presume I will stay active in this forum (at least for a while) and hope to give back.

Good luck to those still in the race!

Lol!!! Congratulations. Glad we can have a good laugh now :D:D

1. You should have had a printout of the USCIS website (and not rely on a 2013 Memo) where it says:
“Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.”

This was discussed a couple of times in this forum. Too bad you missed that and subsequently didn’t go in well prepared enough

2. KCC can’t do anything about the FTJ process. The embassy can’t do anything either. Your FO must forward you’re approved case file in order to set that ball rolling. Anyway, focus on getting approved first yourself. You can always sponsor your wife if FTJ doesn’t work out. You also need to remember even if your FO forwards your approved case file, the embassy has to be willing to interview your wife which is in the midst of everything going on the 2020 CPers.

3. They will soon figure out they can’t approve the case without the KCC file, we’ve seen this before.

Thank you for your answer. I know it is silly question but I must to ask you. Is there any way to reach out to FO and point out the Section C on their website. Can I do it through service request? To include just a note regarding this?

If I am not mistaken @mendokusai you wrote earlier about something about the timeline spreadsheet changing and I did that to your handle name!!!!. And referenced @Sm1smom and @val94 . Well, I updated my GC received date but nothing else. FYI the rank of the handle name do change as new members who actually became current earlier but enters their info in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is sorted by Current Month. When I first entered my info back in April I was #48 and now #67.

Surprisingly enough, when I checked my timeline today I saw that someone entered date for my Welcome letter!! I Have not received the Official Welcome letter and that field was empty. I don't know who is actually entering dates into my timeline, FYI.

Don't know how I could replace your handle name and data as your current month is different than mine. Check with forum admin they actually have record of who edited the timeline and I know for sure I did not do what you are accusing me of.

The welcome letter can also be the approval letter. If you didn't received an approval letter before getting the GC then I will delete that cell

Thank you for your answer. I know it is silly question but I must to ask you. Is there any way to reach out to FO and point out the Section C on their website. Can I do it through service request? To include just a note regarding this?

I don't think so. But you can try.

The welcome letter can also be the approval letter. If you didn't received an approval letter before getting the GC then I will delete that cell

I just received my green card attached to a white page that was literally the top sheet with USPS tracking number an with instruction to keep it for future if I need to submit a request for replacement. Only other thing inside the envelope was a brochure for new LPR and a sleeve to keep the GC.

I have seen approval letters before(my brother got GC last year) and the GC packet didn't had anything like that.

So please delete those inputs you made.

Last edited:
Congratulations for everyone who got approved today and the ones who still waiting I wish them much luck soon. Update to my case
I got my bio appointment for 9/21/2020
Yesterday I got a call from my congresswoman telling me that she spoke with someone on USCIS and they will make sure to approve my case right after my bio is done
Today at 11:30 am I got a call from my FO, the IM was so nice
It was a call for 12 minutes we went through almost everything in my case
In brief he said
I just got your file from NBC yesterday and I’ve been working on it, can you come for interview next Tuesday morning I said YES, he asked me if I paid the $330 for kcc I said YES
He says I don’t see this receipt on file and I need it to request your file from KCC, he said I’ll send you email with appointment for Tuesday morning 10 am and you can reply for this email with the $339 receipt
I confirmed my email with him
He said you will receive email within next 15 minutes. I didn’t receive anything until 3 pm
I live 5 minutes away from my FO, I asked my wife is she can take the receipt and go to USCIS ( I work from home )
She went there and asked to see the officer
A supervisor officer came to her
Then asked her to wait
Then after 15 minutes she came and said The file is here and we have everything and told her everything looks good
Show in time for interview

Hi. yes I did post but deleted because I found out your name on another column. your name was on my column but my timeline was as it was. I just re-wrote my name over your name.

I have not gotten welcome letter but green card arrived ahead.

Congratulations for everyone who got approved today and the ones who still waiting I wish them much luck soon. Update to my case
I got my bio appointment for 9/21/2020
Yesterday I got a call from my congresswoman telling me that she spoke with someone on USCIS and they will make sure to approve my case right after my bio is done
Today at 11:30 am I got a call from my FO, the IM was so nice
It was a call for 12 minutes we went through almost everything in my case
In brief he said
I just got your file from NBC yesterday and I’ve been working on it, can you come for interview next Tuesday morning I said YES, he asked me if I paid the $330 for kcc I said YES
He says I don’t see this receipt on file and I need it to request your file from KCC, he said I’ll send you email with appointment for Tuesday morning 10 am and you can reply for this email with the $339 receipt
I confirmed my email with him
He said you will receive email within next 15 minutes. I didn’t receive anything until 3 pm
I live 5 minutes away from my FO, I asked my wife is she can take the receipt and go to USCIS ( I work from home )
She went there and asked to see the officer
A supervisor officer came to her
Then asked her to wait
Then after 15 minutes she came and said The file is here and we have everything and told her everything looks good
Show in time for interview
Finally! I'm so glad you finally got appointment for both the bio and the interview. Don't forget to update the timeline ;)

I received GC today!!! First and foremost, Thank you so so much dear Mom and Susie for all your help and generous support. YOU ARE AMAZING (virtual hug)!! Many thanks to everyone who answered questions and contributed with valuable information. It felt so good knowing that we are all together in this. Best of luck to those, completing the journey!