• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi guys,
Do you know if it's possible to get a stamp for travel purposes during the interview?

Thanks,
Dmitry.
You mean, for re-entry purposes - you don’t need it to leave?

If you are approved immediately you can ask them. One of our members, @Marco Rossi has reported receiving it in the interview. It’s not always that common though as often the IO does not quite have all the info they need to instantly approve everything - as you can see from other reports.

Hi All,
In what format the green card is delivered? is it a letter or a package? Asking, because my virtual PO box doesn't forward packages internationally. And I plan to travel immediately after the interview.
Thanks!

You do realize traveling while the case is still pending (even if the interview has been concluded) will lead to your AOS being considered abandoned? Unless of course your already have an approved AP card or your case is approved immediately after the interview?

Hi All,
In what format the green card is delivered? is it a letter or a package? Asking, because my virtual PO box doesn't forward packages internationally. And I plan to travel immediately after the interview.
Thanks!

According to how USPS identify it, it is a package.

Hi guys,
Do you know if it's possible to get a stamp for travel purposes during the interview?

Thanks,
Dmitry.

If the IO categorically tells you your case has been approved at the end of your interview, you can request for a temporary I-551 stamp on your passport in that case. This can be used in placed of the plastic GC to return to the US.

Mom,
Since you are so knowledgeable, may I ask you a few questions?

My IO said he would approve our cases next 10-15 minutes, but no update so far. (Our interview was first in the morning in eastern.)
I know he needs to enter some information into the system and request visa or something for approval.

1) Will supervisor or secondary person review and adjudicate the case after IO’s approval?

2) As of this morning, KCC told me FO had never requested my case file. Based on your explanation before, KCC file needs to be in FO for adjudication.
Is this “no KCC file situation at FO” to stop approval process?

3) Our background check was cleared a week ago.
Is there any delays due to administrative processing except KCC file?

You just finished the interview this morning, right? Yes your IO said 10 to 15 minutes, but nothing has happened a couple of hours later, just be patient.

1. Supervisory review/approval may be required for cases where the IO is new to the process.
2. There you go! Here's precisely why the 10-15 minutes claim of the IO hasn't resulted in an approval - the IO cannot finalize the approval process/update the system without the KCC file.
3. I have no way of knowing if there's some other administrative issues surrounding your case.

Just be patient. There's still enough time and visas left before the end of the FY.

You just finished the interview this morning, right? Yes your IO said 10 to 15 minutes, but nothing has happened a couple of hours later, just be patient.

1. Supervisory review/approval may be required for cases where the IO is new to the process.
2. There you go! Here's precisely why the 10-15 minutes claim of the IO hasn't resulted in an approval - the IO cannot finalize the approval process/update the system without the KCC file.
3. I have no way of knowing if there's some other administrative issues surrounding your case.

Just be patient. There's still enough time and visas left before the end of the FY.
Mom,
thanks for your comments.
Your answer to 2) is exactly as same as what I thought. I kept telling USCIS before interview, but they said Officers knew what to do.

I explained the need of KCC file a couple of time during the interview in a nice way, when he asked my case number of DV lottery. IO said he had everything he needed to approve it, but I knew it was not happening, because KCC told me FO has never requested. I will find the way to let FO know next week for KCC file.
My FO has limited experience in DV lottery.

Here is the summary of applicants of AOS in Process by group.

First three letters are FO.
We still have 10 days plus. Let’s keep moving forward!

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval
DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3
DEN Bio on 8/18, int on 9/17
MWK Bio on 8:11, int on 9/15
ALB Bio on 8/13, int on 9/18

Group 2; bio completed and awaiting IL

BOS bio on 8/3
LAX. Bio on 8/19

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.
None

Just for reference and to help with keeping the timeline dates accurate.

FYI: I received my GC before the Welcome letter on 16th.

Welcome letter received today.
Notice of Acton: I-797
Notice Type: Approval Notice
Notice Date:09/09/2020
Received Date:09/18/2020

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Dmitry.

Hi, I did that. the agent at USCIS FO could approve my case on the spot, so I asked her for an I-551 stamp on my passport, and took a flight back home two days after that.

DON'T LEAVE until you either have the physical green card or the stamp.

Hello @Sm1smom,
I am loosing hope for my case and start to desperate... we did our bio on 08/04 (Cleveland, OH) and our interview on 09/04 (Detroit, MI) and still no update after 2 weeks... The IO ended the interview saying that she did not check our background check yet and that she still has to review our case. I am wondering if the fact that we did our BIO in another ASC can explain why my background check would not have been triggered right away and that there is some delay. Or simply because I am an Chemical Engineer ...?

I could talk to a Tier2 on Wednesday, she could not even see that my Interview was done on 09/04, does this mean something is wrong? She was pleasant and sent an expedite request (actually just a notification to the FO because she knew I am not eligible to a formal expedite request).

I am considering to contact my senator on Monday, do you think it may help us at this point? At least to know the reason?
Thank you in advance for your lights.

Hello
My advise to you is to contact your congressman
They are so helpful and they can push to expedite your case ASAP
Good luck
Don’t lose hope I still didn’t have my bio neither my interview yet
But will have them next week
Don’t stress
You will be fine

Hi guys! Good morning:)

I just checked my status and it's
"New card is being produced"!!!!
Thank you so so much ! I can't believe I'm here.
Can't wait to get my card in my hands!

It is really long and just my story so don't care about it just wanted to talk.

Since I moved to this country, I've been trying to get a status to work. I didn't know about DV lottery the first year so this was third time to apply for DV lottery. But what a year 2020. My CN was really high so I wasn't sure if I get current before September 30.
Then April, visa bulletin showed "June/current"
I should have started to search what I had to but what a idiot I was, I thought I would get some emails from KCC somehow so I waited till June. But no any mails from anyone of course.
So finally I worried about submitting documents in end of June.
Started to search what I need, get all evidence I need and filled out I-485 I-944 I-134 that took a month because I found out I didn't send $330 yet so had to wait the receipt. Still I wasn't sure what I was doing and if it was right. Anyway I just sent all documents and evidences end of July.
I got NOA1 letter from USCIS on August 14?
It was just a receipt so had to wait for more letters.
The deadline was getting close but nothing I could do.
August 26, I went to sushi restaurant with my friend and she told me I should hire a lawyer. She got her marriage based green card last year so she talked about how interview goes. Next day I contacted her lawyer but also I did more research to figure out what people say about AOS or DV2020. Then Oh my goodness I found here !! I didn't even imagine how many DV lottery winners in the US. And seems like helping each other..!
That moment changed my future!

Two months later, guess where I am.
I'm here ! I mean almost there, be a part of this country. I never ever forget that you guys save my life. I would love to help future DV AOSers like you guys did.
Thank you so much. I can't express my feeling with low vocabulary but please feel it !
I'll be here as long as someone post.
Thank you again!!!!!
Congratulations

Same situation.... the case is in limbo. It looks like it was ignored: two expedited requests denied (the latest one denied today), service request to schedule an interview is marked as "completed", but we never received any reply from them (unless it was sent via post). Good luck!

Contact your congressman

Here is the summary of applicants of AOS in Process by group.

First three letters are FO.
We still have 10 days plus. Let’s keep moving forward!

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval
DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3
DEN Bio on 8/18, int on 9/17
MWK Bio on 8:11, int on 9/15
ALB Bio on 8/13, int on 9/18

Group 2; bio completed and awaiting IL

BOS bio on 8/3
LAX. Bio on 8/19

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.
None

I am in group 3