• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

We know that USCIS doesnt control embassies,but if USCIS starts working “normally” on june 4th ,surely must be a good sign that thing are going toward normalisation and other openings can follow up like embassies etc,I think it is like a chain reaction ,if they find safe enough that USCIS staff to be in contact with applicants ,whats the difference with embassies,I mean the closure is due to not exposing risk from damned”covid-19” I maybe wrong but that is my perspective of viewing things.

Again. They are not related. Perhaps embassies will open soon (at least in some countries), but it will not be because the USCIS decision.

WBA, I suppose it's the last day when Trump may decide to extend the order.
The ban is for 60 days, and I read that decision whether to extend it or not should be made not later than after 50 days.
Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation.

WBA, I suppose it's the last day when Trump may decide to extend the order.
The ban is for 60 days, and I read that decision whether to extend it or not should be made not later than after 50 days.
Thank you!
As the intent of the EO is to protect the American job market from "people pouring into my country" as per Trump, and as the unemployment rate is published monthly during the first 2 weeks of each month, I would say if the unemployment rate gets worst, Trump will have enough time to extend the EO before the 50 days expire.
So the next unemployment rate will be decisive

Thank you!
As the intent of the EO is to protect the American job market from "people pouring into my country" as per Trump, and as the unemployment rate is published monthly during the first 2 weeks of each month, I would say if the unemployment rate gets worst, Trump will have enough time to extend the EO before the 50 days expire.
So the next unemployment rate will be decisive

No. This policy is something Stephen Miller has tried to implement BEFORE the pandemic. The unemployment number is an excuse.

We know that USCIS doesnt control embassies,but if USCIS starts working “normally” on june 4th ,surely must be a good sign that thing are going toward normalisation and other openings can follow up like embassies etc,I think it is like a chain reaction ,if they find safe enough that USCIS staff to be in contact with applicants ,whats the difference with embassies,I mean the closure is due to not exposing risk from damned”covid-19” I maybe wrong but that is my perspective of viewing things.
that's exactly what I wanted to say

No. This policy is something Stephen Miller has tried to implement BEFORE the pandemic. The unemployment number is an excuse.
That's the point, it didn't work because the unemployment rate was at its lowest so blocking people to come to US to protect the American job is not a valid excuse. Now with the pandemic it could be a good excuse

This couldn't be used as a pretext to block it? I mean it's quite obvious, how 50.000 DV winners can affect 20-30 milions unemployed Americans to block their visa? This is ridicolous

Yes that was raised in the lawsuit to try to block the ban - and I am sure will come up again if the lawsuit is attempted again. Of course its obvious what the real intent is, but this is about feeding a certain narrative which is an attractive delight for Trump's base.

This couldn't be used as a pretext to block it? I mean it's quite obvious, how 50.000 DV winners can affect 20-30 milions unemployed Americans to block their visa? This is ridicolous
YEs this is ridiculous I agree however they can use what ever is ridiculous to cause problems

That's the point, it didn't work because the unemployment rate was at its lowest so blocking people to come to US to protect the American job is not a valid excuse. Now with the pandemic it could be a good excuse

Well not exactly. Previous attempts were not using the pretext of unemployment, it was using diseases such as mumps - but there was no mention about any economic impact/blocking jobs.

Well not exactly. Previous attempts were not using the pretext of unemployment, it was using diseases such as mumps - but there was no mention about any economic impact/blocking jobs.
Regardless, the intent is to stop the immigration and they can find any excuse for that, for this time it is the unemployment and it is a good excuse in theory but practically 50k people will not make the situation worse, many proved that immigration might help

Regardless, the intent is to stop the immigration and they can find any excuse for that, for this time it is the unemployment and it is a good excuse in theory but practically 50k people will not make the situation worse, many proved that immigration might help

Yes, I think you can imagine that I (obviously) understand that.

Any News About getting 2nls this month for July interviews? And Do You guys think that we still have a chance to get our 2nls for august or september interviews?