• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I believe the best thing you can do is to check with the USA in your country , there are probably flights evacuating US citizens and green card holders , you can book a with those flights and travel to the US before your visa expired ( as it is the best advice USA embassies have been telling people to about losing the immigration visa ) or you can contact the embassy to ask the possibility of visa extension .

By the gate they won't board you. They got a list of people who can board like US citizens, permanent residents and some visa categories like crew members. I asked if they had DV in the list and I have been told that they had just category D

Now that Trump's administration bans immigrants and non- immigrants from Brazil from travelling to the usa,i guess he is planning to deal with travelling on a country to country bases...banding of entire travel to the USA will not be extended ...my opinion tho

Now that Trump's administration bans immigrants and non- immigrants from Brazil from travelling to the usa,i guess he is planning to deal with travelling on a country to country bases...banding of entire travel to the USA will not be extended ...my opinion tho

Its exactly the same principle as the “bans” from Eu and UK/Ireland. Physical presence 2 weeks before travel date.

By the gate they won't board you. They got a list of people who can board like US citizens, permanent residents and some visa categories like crew members. I asked if they had DV in the list and I have been told that they had just category D
Maybe the US embassy in your country has different rules . But I know people ( DV lottery visa holders ) who were able to travel on those flights and entered the USA during the Covid-19 and even during the 60 days Trump's immigration ban . You must email/call your embassy and explain your situation . They usually respond and give advice/instructions on what to do

Any news about wether they will extend the EO of immigration ban or not?
They said that the decision will be maid after 30days Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Any news about wether they will extend the EO of immigration ban or not?
They said that the decision will be maid after 30days Am I wrong?

Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall expire 60 days from its effective date and may be continued as necessary. Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation.

If you have a DV Immigrant visa that was valid on the 23rd April and is still valid, you can fly to the US provided you have not been present in a banned country in the preceding fourteen days.

A DV Immigrant visa is a permanent residency visa.

Maybe the US embassy in your country has different rules . But I know people ( DV lottery visa holders ) who were able to travel on those flights and entered the USA during the Covid-19 and even during the 60 days Trump's immigration ban . You must email/call your embassy and explain your situation . They usually respond and give advice/instructions on what to do

I think you guys are confusing two different bans. The travel ban based on being in a “banned country” for 14 days prior to travel does not allow a DV visa holder as an exception to that ban. The EO banning certain immigrants still allows those who have DVs issued before the EO to fly, as amc says as long as you haven’t been in a “banned“ country two weeks before you fly.

If you have a DV Immigrant visa that was valid on the 23rd April and is still valid, you can fly to the US provided you have not been present in a banned country in the preceding fourteen days.

I think you guys are confusing two different bans. The travel ban based on being in a “banned country” for 14 days prior to travel does not allow a DV visa holder as an exception to that ban. The EO banning certain immigrants still allows those who have DVs issued before the EO to fly, as amc says as long as you haven’t been in a “banned“ country two weeks before you fly.
Yea that's what I missed . So he could not travel because he is in a banned country because of the Covid-19 . So even if he is a DV visa holders he still cannot travel . Thank you for pointing that out , Susie .

The point is: there's nowhere to go or it's at least for me totally useless right now as the visa will be expired in very few days. I never referred to the EO regarding thw green cards ( as I still having a visa ), but to one for travel ban

Sorry guys but I just read in this link POLITICO that Trump will sign an extension this week and it will be probably until the Labor Market will recover which means we are all f...ed. :((

Sorry guys but I just read in this link POLITICO that Trump will sign an extension this week and it will be probably until the Labor Market will recover which means we are all f...ed. :((
don't know if you read the comments of that article, but it seems that people support immigrants because they pay taxes, willing to work harder than some native americans. Maybe everything will be alright, just wait and see

I understand that the hope dies last but i am kinda frustrated and thats why i decided to post this. I read everything very well and i see that they support us but the most important is that Trump not support us.

Reactions: WBA
This order has nothing to do with DV. And possibly even if it is signed it is gonna be nothing related with our previous EO. No need to panic out for everything we see online guys as long as it isnt official information

Did you guys read the text of the article? It talks about work visas.

....the administration is considering limiting the number of immigrants who come to the United States for cultural exchanges — generally those hired for summer jobs at amusement parks, camps and resorts — as well as students attending U.S. colleges hired for temporary employment, according to four people, including an administration official and Republican Capitol Hill staffer involved with the discussions. It is also looking at cutting visas for skilled workers in specialty occupations and seasonal workers who work in industries that include landscaping, housekeeping and construction industries, they say.

It doesn’t say anything about the current EO.

Please read and quote relevant extracts from articles you post, guys. Just posting a headline and panicky interpretations (this one the work visas, the one the other day about asylum seekers from mexico) that have nothing to do with DV is totally not constructive.