• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

My country's government today announced that they will extend lockdown until vaccine comes out. Mongolia to be exact. And we don't have infected case in local. I hope other country's selectees will make it.

My country's government today announced that they will extend lockdown until vaccine comes out. Mongolia to be exact. And we don't have infected case in local. I hope other country's selectees will make it.

:( sorry to hear that it doesn’t look good for you

Sorry guys but I just read in this link POLITICO that Trump will sign an extension this week and it will be probably until the Labor Market will recover which means we are all f...ed. :((

Jeez people. Why scare people with silly conclusions like this. Come on! This process is stressful enough without adding stress based on BS or not bothering to read more than the headline.

Someone told that trump EO is only baning the etry into the united state it doesn't mention anything about stoping the visa process. Is that true? I don't get that point...
And in earlier case of Jim Hacking. I heard the Same thing from the juge that he undertstood from the EO that he is banning the entry to the united states.
So the interviews stopped bcz of the COVID 19 not the EO
now if that's true we can get interviewed even if the EO extended?
Am I wrong guys?

Not sure what your aim is with this link you just posted after Susie already cautioned you guys about needlessly posting links to articles you guys having really read, aside from its heading.

This proclamation has nothing to do with DV in general. This suspension is with regards to those physically present in Brazil within the last 14 days of seeking entry into the US:

“Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.”

Not sure what your aim is with this link you just posted after Susie already cautioned you guys about needlessly posting links to articles you guys having really read, aside from its heading.

This proclamation has nothing to do with DV in general. This suspension is with regards to those physically present in Brazil within the last 14 days of seeking entry into the US:

“Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.”
Plus, it was already mentioned in this thread on Sunday when it was announced.

Given that Brazil is not eligible for DV the only relevance to this thread might be a few DV selectees who happen to be residing there currently.

Mr, Brit
My friend send these screenshots he told that he found these on a fb group. Is this true? Wich country is that?

Attachments

• 20200527_013117.jpg
    20200527_013117.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200527_013136.jpg
    20200527_013136.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 102
Mr, Brit
My friend send these screenshots he told that he found these on a fb group. Is this true? Wich country is that?

It's quite clearly from my blog and the answer was correct. The country concerned was Georgia. And the don't be silly comment was not an answer to the original comment. Obviously embassies can reschedule cases. Whether those interviews are held or not, and whether visas are issued or not and whether the ban is extended or not ALL remains to be seen.

Someone told that trump EO is only baning the etry into the united state it doesn't mention anything about stoping the visa process. Is that true? I don't get that point...
And in earlier case of Jim Hacking. I heard the Same thing from the juge that he undertstood from the EO that he is banning the entry to the united states.
So the interviews stopped bcz of the COVID 19 not the EO
now if that's true we can get interviewed even if the EO extended?
Am I wrong guys?

Banning entry means not issuing visas. People have tried to read a different interpretation of that into the wording of the proclamation, but they are incorrect.

I believe interviews could take place during a ban, but no visas could be issued util the ban is lifted. However, that is not 100% certain - and in any case would be up to each embassy.

Banning entry means not issuing visas. People have tried to read a different interpretation of that into the wording of the proclamation, but they are incorrect.

I believe interviews could take place during a ban, but no visas could be issued util the ban is lifted. However, that is not 100% certain - and in any case would be up to each embassy.
Hi brit! If the ban is extended and in same time embassies reopen ,do you think there is better chance the ban to be blocked from a lawsuit since the damage would be now real ,not like the judge earlier said that since embassies are not open the ban does not do much damage ,whats your opinion ?

Hi brit! If the ban is extended and in same time embassies reopen ,do you think there is better chance the ban to be blocked from a lawsuit since the damage would be now real ,not like the judge earlier said that since embassies are not open the ban does not do much damage ,whats your opinion ?

Yes - if by that time the embassies are open then the lawsuits can point to actual irreparable harm, which was the main weakness of the Hacking lawsuit.

hey I have a question. If I am not wrong the US embassies are controlled by the department of states which they get the order from the trump administration. So how it will be possible to open the embassy soon?

hey I have a question. If I am not wrong the US embassies are controlled by the department of states which they get the order from the trump administration. So how it will be possible to open the embassy soon?
Not all visa types are banned.

It's quite clearly from my blog and the answer was correct. The country concerned was Georgia. And the don't be silly comment was not an answer to the original comment. Obviously embassies can reschedule cases. Whether those interviews are held or not, and whether visas are issued or not and whether the ban is extended or not ALL remains to be seen.

... and that embassy cancelled the rescheduled interviews....

USCIS preparing to resume public services at individual offices on or after June 4, so maybe some embasies will reopen on about June too. Lets wait and see

One thing has nothing to do with the other...
We know that USCIS doesnt control embassies,but if USCIS starts working “normally” on june 4th ,surely must be a good sign that thing are going toward normalisation and other openings can follow up like embassies etc,I think it is like a chain reaction ,if they find safe enough that USCIS staff to be in contact with applicants ,whats the difference with embassies,I mean the closure is due to not exposing risk from damned”covid-19” I maybe wrong but that is my perspective of viewing things.