• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Same for me, our CN must have became current at the same time
I was current in April VB I must have gotten my 2nl to be interviewed in April. But due to KCC confirmation letter delays they put me in the next month. But I ended up not getting it due to the shaudown of embassies.... my case number is AF 38k

I was current in April VB I must have gotten my 2nl to be interviewed in April. But due to KCC confirmation letter delays they put me in the next month. But I ended up not getting it due to the shaudown of embassies.... my case number is AF 38k
OK I'm one month before you then since my CN became current in March VB, my CN is AF33.

Notwithstanding that I don’t live in kuwait , however on May 27th the Us embassy announced June 22nd as a tentative date to resume visa processing.
Here is the reference
That's a good news Ahmad, I see a glimmer of hope. Thank you for sharing the link
What could happen?
Either EO gets extended - We will be in trouble and if the embassies are open I assume many attorneys will file lawsuits against the EO as the harm will be obvious. My biggest concern is that DoS will keep the embassies closed.
Or the EO does not get extended - the sooner the embassies open the more people will get an interview but this depends on the location where the embassy is
What do you think?

Personally i think that the ban will be extended, DoS will allow embassies to recommence their consular services and visa processing in the last couple of weeks of june, embassies will start interviewing winners by mid of July, august and September and will keep them on AP until the ban is over.
Sadly not all winners will get a chance to be interviewed by September.
The above is the most practical solution for dv winners..

Personally i think that the ban will be extended, .....
embassies will start interviewing winners by mid of July, august and September and will keep them on AP until the ban is over.
The above is the most practical solution for dv winners..

What’s the point of doing that if the ban is extended as you expect? All it does is waste everyone’s time, and is a waste of a lot of money (medical and visa fees, often totalling anywhere from $500-$900 per applicant) for applicants for no purpose.

Embassies already have a backlog and they would I’m sure prefer to use visa slots for where people could at least actually get a visa. The Kuwait notice linked above seems to suggest for example student visas will get priority given the timing of such vs fall college start dates.

What’s the point of doing that if the ban is extended as you expect? All it does is waste everyone’s time, and is a waste of a lot of money (medical and visa fees, often totalling anywhere from $500-$900 per applicant) for applicants for no purpose.

Embassies already have a backlog and they would I’m sure prefer to use visa slots for where people could at least actually get a visa. The Kuwait notice linked above seems to suggest for example student visas will get priority given the timing of such vs fall college start dates.

Indeed the students are running out of time to get their visas before fall start dates, However DV program has a deadline by end of September as well.
No one knows how long shall be the extension of the ban, perhaps couple of months, in this case interviewing dv winners will not be a waste of time as eventually dv winners will get their visas by the expiry of the ban.
All of us are hoping to get our visas, so as @WBA said, if there is still a glimmer of hope then we have to be optimistic.

In Taiwan, f1 student can apply emergency visa interview if they had practical reasons. Currently, according to feedback, their interview now are scheduled from early July. For those have more close opening school date, they can have interviewed much earlier in order to get in US before fall starts.

Indeed the students are running out of time to get their visas before fall start dates, However DV program has a deadline by end of September as well.
No one knows how long shall be the extension of the ban, perhaps couple of months, in this case interviewing dv winners will not be a waste of time as eventually dv winners will get their visas by the expiry of the ban.
All of us are hoping to get our visas, so as @WBA said, if there is still a glimmer of hope then we have to be optimistic.
I would say it is all about the next unemployment rate and here is why:
The intent of the EO is to protect the job market, the updated unemployment rate is published during the 2 first weeks of each month. If the next one is very low or even lower than the previous one, Trump will use it as an excuse to extend the EO.
About timing, the EO can be extended only before the 13th of June, the unemployment rate will be published by then. So I think one of the main driver for Trump to extend the EO is the next unemployment rate.
If by chance the EO does not get extended, everything will be on the DoS side to decide when to open the embassy for each country

I would say it is all about the next unemployment rate and here is why:
The intent of the EO is to protect the job market, the updated unemployment rate is published during the 2 first weeks of each month. If the next one is very low or even lower than the previous one, Trump will use it as an excuse to extend the EO.
About timing, the EO can be extended only before the 13th of June, the unemployment rate will be published by then. So I think one of the main driver for Trump to extend the EO is the next unemployment rate.
If by chance the EO does not get extended, everything will be on the DoS side to decide when to open the embassy for each country

Who said the EO can only be extended before the 13th of June? You misunderstood that part. In the proclamation, it says that the Secretary of Homeland Security shall recommend whether Trump should continue or modify the proclamation. And this should happen no later than 50 days from when the proclamation took effect. It says nothing about when it can be extended (theoretically it can happen even at 11.59 pm June 22nd).

Who said the EO can only be extended before the 13th of June? You misunderstood that part. In the proclamation, it says that the Secretary of Homeland Security shall recommend whether Trump should continue or modify the proclamation. And this should happen no later than 50 days from when the proclamation took effect. It says nothing about when it can be extended (theoretically it can happen even at 11.59 pm June 22nd).
My understanding was different from that

Correct.

Hy guys,
please with the current issues on Dv visa, can someone apply for a different visa whiles he has pending DV case? Because I haven’t even gotten my confirmation email. So can I apply for different visa once the embassy reopens? Am not the main applicant.

Hy guys,
please with the current issues on Dv visa, can someone apply for a different visa whiles he has pending DV case? Because I haven’t even gotten my confirmation email. So can I apply for different visa once the embassy reopens? Am not the main applicant.

sure, you can apply for any visa you might be eligible. Is this another immigrant visa or is it a non immigrant visa?

please is non immigrant, temporary visa for health workers.Am a medical lab technician
ok, if you qualify sure you can apply. Not sure if having submitted a DS260 will be an issue because of immigrant intent, only one way to find out. You do realize you may be abandoning your DV chances by doing this if successful though? (I know it’s hard to judge how serious that is right now without knowing yet if the EO will be extended)

The current EO is the reasons why am haven second thoughts. because we all don’t no what’s going to happen. Is becoming more obvious the EO will be extended :(