• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

The current EO is the reasons why am haven second thoughts. because we all don’t no what’s going to happen. Is becoming more obvious the EO will be extended :(
It’s yet to be seen. we will find out at most in two weeks from now if it’s extended or not, which is the 50 day deadline.

Trump will be pretty dumb to extend it. He needs every vote he can get after what’s been going on in the US over the past few days. His days as president are numbered!

Trump will be pretty dumb to extend it. He needs every vote he can get after what’s been going on in the US over the past few days. His days as president are numbered!
Immigration should be his last concern in this situation indeed. Also although unemployment is still high the weekly claims have been decreasing for the past several weeks and stock markets going up gradually, it seems like there’s still a pretty good chance. As long as the embassy’s open.

Hi guys ,do you know if anyone got their confirmation email about documents lately from KCC and what are the chances that they start sending them in june?any verified info would be helpful,thanks

Hi guys ,do you know if anyone got their confirmation email about documents lately from KCC and what are the chances that they start sending them in june?any verified info would be helpful,thanks
To the best of my knowledge, no. And they won't send them either, until embassies re-open.

as much as I dislike trump and his bans, it doesn't give me much hope when lawyers get the facts wrong, even if it’s for hyperbole (presumably) rather than actual ignorance of what’s going on.
it is just not true that “families are unable to reunite for decades” because of the ban. The ban has added a couple of months onto the 1-2 decade backlog caused by annual quotas.
Exactly, and this is why in the previous lawsuit judge Simon said that these waiting times are unfortunate but it's the responsibilty of the Congress to fix it, not his.

My case number is AS23*** and i am yet to receive the confirmation email and I haven’t heard of anyone who got his documents processed since March (except Avion).
the idea of waiting the embassies to reopen before sending confirmation emails is quite frustrating(If its true), i can understand that issuing 2NLs is directly related to embassies reopening, but processing documents has nothing to do with embassies.

My case number is AS23*** and i am yet to receive the confirmation email and I haven’t heard of anyone who got his documents processed since March (except Avion).
the idea of waiting the embassies to reopen before sending confirmation emails is quite frustrating(If its true), i can understand that issuing 2NLs is directly related to embassies reopening, but processing documents has nothing to do with embassies.
I agree, but bear in mind they may be still processing them, just not sending confirmations until they have news from the embassies... Don't ask me why, KCC logic...

seriously? these advocates don’t know? They can’t take two seconds to bother to look up the statistics, and find that on average the annual number of “immigrants children 21 and older” (in other words, F2B) is 22-23k, with a spike to 26k in 2018? If these are the lawyers fighting the case, sorry but there seems little hope if they can’t even do the most basic research on this.

(The total number of visas affected by the ban has averaged somewhere around 300k per year, so I guess that is where the total 50k over two months they quote the other institute as having calculated, comes from. The single biggest category in that is parents of USCs, by the way.)

~ ~ post updated by removing quoted non DV related post by @hassan ali ~ ~

Last edited by a moderator:
The KCC doesn't respond to emails these days , and If you bother to call asking about documents , the will tell you that they can not see if your documents are processed or not and ask you to check with them in a few weeks . They are probably given instructions not to send documents confirmation emails and not to confirm it by phone , too , until when the embassies open , maybe .

The KCC doesn't respond to emails these days , and If you bother to call asking about documents , the will tell you that they can not see if your documents are processed or not and ask you to check with them in a few weeks . They are probably given instructions not to send documents confirmation emails and not to confirm it by phone , too , until when the embassies open , maybe .

right now they are probably not there. Federal offices in many cities have been ordered closed.

could also be prepping for DV21 results due later this week.

Hi!
I called KCC on Friday to unlock DS-260, and they unlocked it today so I guess they are still working on DV2020.

Hi!
I called KCC on Friday to unlock DS-260, and they unlocked it today so I guess they are still working on DV2020.
Ok, good, seems they are prioritizing requests for actions they can actually take rather than responding the same thing to repeated queries.

they responded to my email Yesterday with the same answer about sending 2nls

Due to the novel COVID-19 outbreak all interviews for the DV program have been suspended, it is undetermined when scheduling will resume.

they responded to my email Yesterday with the same answer about sending 2nls

Due to the novel COVID-19 outbreak all interviews for the DV program have been suspended, it is undetermined when scheduling will resume.
I was referring to documents confirmation emails , they don't respond to emails whenever someone contacts them and on phone they do not give clear answers