• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Britsimon

You are very grateful for your effort in clarifying many of the things that face us
My question is there a way to postpone the date of the interview for the next month ? because my son is studying outside the country in which the interview will take place and the date of the interview will be during the end-of-year exams.

Last edited:
How could you assume something you have not idea about . Europe had a big jump last month , just because today's Visa Bulletin is very slow doesn't it is finish for others . There are still 5 VB to go , you don't know what might happen .
Sorry for the trivial question, but how you know that there are still 5 VB left?

Hi everyone
I have scheduled interview in 10 day. but i make spelling error on ds260 in My present and previous address more than 6 point (just spelling error name of sub-district, district and province.) What i should to do? Can i correct during interview or consult with officer. Should to tell officer or CO?

Many thanks with any repry.

Not a big deal. You can request to rectify the spelling error during your interview.

Hello, I changed the passport entered in ds260. Do I need to unlock ds260. If I need to, will KCC process the ds260 again. And as long as I wait, will it be six weeks again

Unlock and update the passport info if your CN is not current. Providing updated information prior to interview date is better and preferable.

I’m serious. Each year VB has been ended in a different months with different numbers. So, I’m wondering how we can know how many VB still will be there.

VBs are released until July for each FY. This FY will not be different - there are 5 more VBs like someone already noted above.

VBs are released until July for each FY. This FY will not be different - there are 5 more VBs like someone already noted above.
For example, in May 2017 EU became “Current”. Yes, VB is continued till July, but in my understanding “Current” for EU means its done and no more CNs.

For example, in May 2017 EU became “Current”. Yes, VB is continued till July, but in my understanding “Current” for EU means its done and no more CNs.

No, you are wrong.
Current means they think there will be enough visas for all the rest cases... So they don't make cut offs...

I'm not sure what to think of AS progress... it's at least something, unlike last month, but isn't it moving a bit too slow? it seems like all they increase are Nepal and Iran numbers... And EU - what's up with that?
I'm honestly surprised that there aren't any current regions yet, at least OC. I mean, it's CLEAR there are enough visas for OC, also in my opinion for the rest of the world as we're almost half way there and they haven't issued even a fifth of the quota. I seriously think this year would end with 20K-30K visas issued, if even that.

No, you are wrong.
Current means they think there will be enough visas for all the rest cases... So they don't make cut offs...
So, please explain. If “Current” means they think there are enough visas for the rest CNs, then during that time everyone (with high CNs) can apply?

No, “current” doesn’t mean it’s over and done. “Current” in that sense means no more CN cut-offs, the rest of the cases are eligible for visas until they run out or the FY ends, whichever comes first.

Thank you for clarifying this. What if the interview time wasn’t scheduled and VB becomes current. For AOS, can we still prepare and send the package?

You should know by now that KCC does not schedule AOS interviews, since the process is different from CP. And yes, AOSers can send in their AOS package when the VB shows up as “Current”

You should know by now that KCC does not schedule AOS interviews, since the process is different from CP. And yes, AOSers can send in their AOS package when the VB shows up as “Current”
Yep, you're right, I know about no interviews in AOS just confused a bit. What I didn't know is the meaning of "Current", thank you again. Hopefully, they will increase CN for EU on the next VBs.

I'm not sure what to think of AS progress... it's at least something, unlike last month, but isn't it moving a bit too slow? it seems like all they increase are Nepal and Iran numbers... And EU - what's up with that?
I'm honestly surprised that there aren't any current regions yet, at least OC. I mean, it's CLEAR there are enough visas for OC, also in my opinion for the rest of the world as we're almost half way there and they haven't issued even a fifth of the quota. I seriously think this year would end with 20K-30K visas issued, if even that.
You’re surprised that there are no current regions by April?! When the earliest it’s ever gotten current (excluding the first few years of DV back in the 90s when they were all over the place) was May and that was one year only, usually from July IF it happens? http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/

You’re surprised that there are no current regions by April?! When the earliest it’s ever gotten current was May and that was one year only, usually from July IF it happens? http://britsimonsays.com/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers/
Yeah I know all that, but given the low number of selectees this year (regions did not go current only when there were around 115,000+ selectees) and the extremely low number of visas issued by now, I would THINK that it's quite obvious there are enough visas, at least for OC (they are basically 80% current by now). Also for AS, basically after the 16,000 mark the density of cases is so low (around 80% holes) and there are so many banned selectees that I would think there are more than enough visas available.

Yeah I know all that, but given the low number of selectees this year (regions did not go current only when there were around 115,000+ selectees) and the extremely low number of visas issued by now, I would THINK that it's quite obvious there are enough visas, at least for OC. Also for AS, basically after the 16,000 mark the density of cases is so low (around 80% holes) and there are so many banned selectees that I would think there are more than enough visas available.
Having enough visas is not the same as wanting everyone left to get visa appointments scheduled immediately, which is the other side of the “current” coin. Embassies have capacity constraints and part of the number progress is available visas, and the other part is embassy capacity, as I’m sure you know from reading britSimon. Can you imagine the complaining here if they put the VB as current now but people didn’t get scheduled till July or August because of embassies managing interview capacity?

Having enough visas is not the same as wanting everyone left to get visa appointments scheduled immediately, which is the other side of the “current” coin. Embassies have capacity constraints and part of the number progress is available visas, and the other part is embassy capacity, as I’m sure you know from reading britSimon. Can you imagine the complaining here if they put the VB as current now but people didn’t get scheduled till July or August because of embassies managing interview capacity?

Mmmm yeah, good point... Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait and see. And pray.