• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello all, I am new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post my question and if not, sorry in advance. I am a dv2020 winner and had my interview on fourth of this month in Ankara/ Turkey. I got the 221(g) form and was told that my case will be on administrative process. During the interview there has been some misunderstandings that I want to discuss with you if this might be the reason for ap. I am a newly graduate architect (graduated a little more than a year ago) and haven't been working since then especially as I found out that I am a lottery winner. So I wrote on ds 260 form that I have never worked also chose "engineering" for the field I want to work in U.S as there was no "architecture" option and engineering is the closest pick. Anyway the officer asked me if there were any work experience related to my field and I told her about my internship in a building audit firm which I did not wrote down on the form as it is seen. Then she asked me if I will be work as an engineer on U.S (presumably based on the info on ds260) and I said that I will work as an architect as soon as I get my license there. Finally she asked me if my account is my savings which some of them were mine from tutoring high school student in university and the rest were support from the family but I heard her as if she said "is this account yours?" and I said yes. So she might be thinking, this guy never worked and says he has savings. I'm afraid she was suspicious about a misrepresentation and filed me a 221(g). Later that day, consulate sent me an e-mail asking to submit a ds-5535 form. I everything clearly and stated that the work experience I talked during the interview was not an official job but an intern. I am in need for your help to hear some positive vibes and comments.

oh by the way, we also talked about where I will stay at first (I will stay with very close friend of mine), what he does for living etc. We also talked about my erasmus stay for five months in Spain and if I have traveled any other countries. I did visit many countries in europe and a couple in africa, but stamps for these visits were on my previous passports which they did not receive and told me not necessary. Other than these, everything I mean all my documents and statements were correct and complete.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post my question and if not, sorry in advance. I am a dv2020 winner and had my interview on fourth of this month in Ankara/ Turkey. I got the 221(g) form and was told that my case will be on administrative process. During the interview there has been some misunderstandings that I want to discuss with you if this might be the reason for ap. I am a newly graduate architect (graduated a little more than a year ago) and haven't been working since then especially as I found out that I am a lottery winner. So I wrote on ds 260 form that I have never worked also chose "engineering" for the field I want to work in U.S as there was no "architecture" option and engineering is the closest pick. Anyway the officer asked me if there were any work experience related to my field and I told her about my internship in a building audit firm which I did not wrote down on the form as it is seen. Then she asked me if I will be work as an engineer on U.S (presumably based on the info on ds260) and I said that I will work as an architect as soon as I get my license there. Finally she asked me if my account is my savings which some of them were mine from tutoring high school student in university and the rest were support from the family but I heard her as if she said "is this account yours?" and I said yes. So she might be thinking, this guy never worked and says he has savings. I'm afraid she was suspicious about a misrepresentation and filed me a 221(g). Later that day, consulate sent me an e-mail asking to submit a ds-5535 form. I everything clearly and stated that the work experience I talked during the interview was not an official job but an intern. I am in need for your help to hear some positive vibes and comments.

So, ds5535 is more a security related form than anything else, probably you got it mainly for being male (I presume) and your country of origin and not because of mistrust of your other answers. Be aware that it can sometimes take a few months to get processed once these forms are submitted do you will need patience. Good luck.

So, ds5535 is more a security related form than anything else, probably you got it mainly for being male (I presume) and your country of origin and not because of mistrust of your other answers. Be aware that it can sometimes take a few months to get processed once these forms are submitted do you will need patience. Good luck.
Thanks for your response and yes I am male :) I know for the fact that there are many Iranian and Russian folks who have their interviews on Turkey but I am Turkish. I was curious ap could be related to my travel history and some people on a Turkish immigration forum told me that if the consulate suspected anything, they would simply ask for more documents or evidence, but if the case is as you say, Im hoping I will get clearance after some time :)

I have two questions.

1. Medical examination
My CN is rather high EU44k, therefore, I don't expect an interview before July.
My plan is to interview in my home country, but be in South America before and after the interview at the embassy.
In order to spend as little time as possible in my home country, I want to take the medical examination beforehand.
Is it possible to do the medical examination now without having the 2nd NL?
Is me being in SA after the medical examination an issue so that I might have to retake it?

2. Request F1 visa before or after DS-260
I will do a semester abroad in the US in fall 2020. I am unsure if it makes a difference if I first apply for an F1 visa and then submit DS-260 or not.
My F1 visa might be rejected if I request it after submitting the DS-260 as I show immigration intent. But if I submit both right after each other they have both in their system and it shouldn't make a difference. The F1 visa should be my backup in case the DV Green Card doesn't work out. Does the order of submission make a difference?

Last edited:
I have two questions.

1. Medical examination
My CN is rather high EU44k, therefore, I don't expect an interview before July.
My plan is to interview in my home country, but be in South America before and after the interview at the embassy.
In order to spend as little time as possible in my home country, I want to take the medical examination beforehand.
Is it possible to do the medical examination now without having the 2nd NL?
Is me being in SA after the medical examination an issue so that I might have to retake it?

2. Request F1 visa before or after DS-260
I will do a semester abroad in the US in fall 2020. I am unsure if it makes a difference if I first apply for an F1 visa and then submit DS-260 or not.
My F1 visa might be rejected if I request it after submitting the DS-260 as I show immigration intent. But if I submit both right after each other they have both in their system and it shouldn't make a difference. The F1 visa should be my backup in case the DV Green Card doesn't work out. Does the order of submission make a difference?

1. Most panel physicians require having the 2NL before the medical can be scheduled.

2. The relevance of a demonstrated immigrant intent is not diminished with the DS-260 form being submitted after applying for a F1 visa as long as that petition is still pending. The question is when do you plan on applying for the F1 visa and subsequently attending the interview for that?

1. Most panel physicians require having the 2NL before the medical can be scheduled.

2. The relevance of a demonstrated immigrant intent is not diminished with the DS-260 form being submitted after applying for a F1 visa as long as that petition is still pending. The question is when do you plan on applying for the F1 visa and subsequently attending the interview for that?

I can start the whole F1 visa process in about 4 weeks as the university can't send me a certain form earlier. Then it might take another month to actually have the interview at the embassy.

I can start the whole F1 visa process in about 4 weeks as the university can't send me a certain form earlier. Then it might take another month to actually have the interview at the embassy.

So you should still be okay then if you want to wait until March or April before submitting your Ds260 form and the subsequent applicable documents to KCC.

It depends on your CN. If you are about to go for interview soon, you can just go to the interview with both passports. Have you sent your documents to KCC already?

I have sent the documents, but I do not expect an interview any time soon
Let us wait our experts to wake up and clarify if changing passport number is a good reason to unlock DS-260. The most important part is you have to take both passports at the interview.

Hi everyone
I have scheduled interview in 10 day. but i make spelling error on ds260 in My present and previous address more than 6 point (just spelling error name of sub-district, district and province.) What i should to do? Can i correct during interview or consult with officer. Should to tell officer or CO?

Many thanks with any repry.

Good jump for Africa . Europe's slow jump might be because of backlog or a high response . 5 more VB to go .

That's good game for Europe. Anyone over 40,000 say bye bye DV2020
How could you assume something you have not idea about . Europe had a big jump last month , just because today's Visa Bulletin is very slow doesn't it is finish for others . There are still 5 VB to go , you don't know what might happen .