• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello I have another one about affidavit of support.
In Britsimon's blog says that "The income of the person filling out the I-134 should be greater than that shown on the Federal Poverty Guidelines for total number of family members for the sponsor/family AND the selectee/derivatives."

So, here comes my doubt. I have two friends who will receive me in USA (they are a couple) and one of them (the husband) is the one who's gonna help me with I-134. They both have a permanent work, so I don't know if in the Federal Poverty Guidelines I should choose 3 persons in PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD (the sponsor, me and my derivative) or I should include his wife, even if she doesn't depend on him.
thank you in advance

Hello I have another one about affidavit of support.
In Britsimon's blog says that "The income of the person filling out the I-134 should be greater than that shown on the Federal Poverty Guidelines for total number of family members for the sponsor/family AND the selectee/derivatives."

So, here comes my doubt. I have two friends who will receive me in USA (they are a couple) and one of them (the husband) is the one who's gonna help me with I-134. They both have a permanent work, so I don't know if in the Federal Poverty Guidelines I should choose 3 persons in PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD (the sponsor, me and my derivative) or I should include his wife, even if she doesn't depend on him.
thank you in advance

Household membership will be 4 in this case.

1. Would like to know more about i-134...does the sponsor need to fill the form for each of all selectees because we are 3

2. What are the criteria for the sponsor to be eligible to fill it

3. The i-134 need to be an original document during visa interview or a copy scanned is also allowed

1. One form only.
2. Sponsors income must be 125% above the poverty guideline level applicable to their household plus the household number of the person being sponsored. See Poverty Guideline Level to determine what your sponsor’s income needs to be in order to be found eligible to sponsor you.
3. Scanned copy is acceptable.

Thanks Simon for the answer, two more please
1. Is it a must the person who fills out the i-134 should be the one accommodating you (where i said my Green card will be going)? Or the sponsor can be another person as well?

2. If I may understand my sponsor household is married with 4 kids and his wife doesn’t depend on him (she works as well) and we are 3 selectees that’s means we fall on 8 category?
please clarify!!!

Thanks Simon for the answer, two more please
1. Is it a must the person who fills out the i-134 should be the one accommodating you (where i said my Green card will be going)? Or the sponsor can be another person as well?

2. If I may understand my sponsor household is married with 4 kids and his wife doesn’t depend on him (she works as well) and we are 3 selectees that’s means we fall on 8 category?
please clarify!!!

1. Doesn’t have to be the same person.

2. Your sponsor most likely files his taxes as married, so household is 9 and not 8.

I will have to change the US address which I indicated in my DS form.
Do I have to change this address at the interview or can I tell them that I will change the address at POE? They will for sure ask me where I intend to stay, so is it a problem if I tell them different address than the one in my DS 260?

I will have to change the US address which I indicated in my DS form.
Do I have to change this address at the interview or can I tell them that I will change the address at POE? They will for sure ask me where I intend to stay, so is it a problem if I tell them different address than the one in my DS 260?
Either, it’s somewhat safer to do so at interview (some people have said changing at PoE hasn’t worked for them, though it’s usually fine). No problem changing address.

I recently submitted ds260. Today I received a reminder from KCC to submit documents. Has anyone else received such reminder?

I will answer my own question. Yes apparently people who have not sent documents yet, received such emails. I hope there is nothing to worry and they are just trying to process all cases asap. I will send documents in a week, I hope I am not late.

I will answer my own question. Yes apparently people who have not sent documents yet, received such emails. I hope there is nothing to worry and they are just trying to process all cases asap. I will send documents in a week, I hope I am not late.
How do you know of other people?

SO we can mention the new address and then they will changed at the interview? I am also in the same situation. The address i indicated the person who leaves there communicated that he is more likely to move. I have also decided not to go there. Should i tell the CO about the new address? Will this be updated for the delivery of our Green cards?

SO we can mention the new address and then they will changed at the interview? I am also in the same situation. The address i indicated the person who leaves there communicated that he is more likely to move. I have also decided not to go there. Should i tell the CO about the new address? Will this be updated for the delivery of our Green cards?

yes to all the questions

I don't mean the mass emails that were sent in October, I meant how does he know of other people recieving this reminder in the last days...
Some countries have local groups on Facebook , Whatsapp or telegram applications , they discuss a lot of DV issues and share information , and if something like this happens , it's easy to know about it .