• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi all,

I received today the email from KCC confirming that my documents have been received and that I'm ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current

Here are my dates:
06 Oct 2018: Entry submission
07 May 2019: 1NL selected (AF33XXX)
17 Jul 2019: DS260 submission
15 Oct 2019: Email request additional documents
22 Nov 2019: Additional documents sent
18 Jan 2020: Sent request unlock DS260 to answer to questions added
21 Jan 2020: DS260 unlocked
21 Jan 2020: 2nd DS260 submission
29 Jan 2020: Additional documents resent again (Called KCC on Jan 29, been told they haven't received the documents)
06 Feb 2020: email Documents Received

I hope this helps those who have the same timing

@RoCat @raduS89 @Peince @FRAN 2020AF30XXX FYI :cool:

Hello
I am a dv 2020 winner from AF region and I have one question? On all of my Dv required documents l use my grandfather’s name us NIGUSIE but on my high school diploma it was incorrect, and it has one spelling error; it is NIGUSSIE. So does this lead to rejection? Should I have to correct the document?
Thank you

Hello
I am a dv 2020 winner from AF region and I have one question? On all of my Dv required documents l use my grandfather’s name us NIGUSIE but on my high school diploma it was incorrect, and it has one spelling error; it is NIGUSSIE. So does this lead to rejection? Should I have to correct the document?
Thank you
Almost certainly won’t be a problem but if you can correct the diploma, then do so for peace of mind.

Hi all,

I received today the email from KCC confirming that my documents have been received and that I'm ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current

Here are my dates:
29 Jan 2020: Additional documents resent again (Called KCC on Jan 29, been told they haven't received the documents)

Good news

Hey every one, my interview is on 18th March, My sponsor will be sending me the i-134 together with other documents. On the tax returns he will be sending the one for 2019 as he has not filed yet this year. Will their be problem?

Hey every one, my interview is on 18th March, My sponsor will be sending me the i-134 together with other documents. On the tax returns he will be sending the one for 2019 as he has not filed yet this year. Will their be problem?
No problem, this year’s returns are only due april 15 so it’s normal at this stage to only have prior year.

Hi, DV hopeful here. There is something I'm curious about and hope to get some insight on.

With the numerous countries subjected to the travel ban in Asia, the number of eligible selectees probably dropped by 4-5k since some of the affected countries take up a huge portion of selectees in Asia. Historically, Asia will get about 15k selectees each draw with about 10k visas available. With the ban, does this mean selectees in the Asia region will have a higher chance of going current and receiving a visa if they satisfies the minimum requirements?

Logically, this would be the case but I'm just not sure if it makes sense with the DV lottery because there is so much randomness and lucky involved.

Hi, DV hopeful here. There is something I'm curious about and hope to get some insight on.

With the numerous countries subjected to the travel ban in Asia, the number of eligible selectees probably dropped by 4-5k since some of the affected countries take up a huge portion of selectees in Asia. Historically, Asia will get about 15k selectees each draw with about 10k visas available. With the ban, does this mean selectees in the Asia region will have a higher chance of going current and receiving a visa if they satisfies the minimum requirements?

Logically, this would be the case but I'm just not sure if it makes sense with the DV lottery because there is so much randomness and lucky involved.

Yes.

Hi all,

Here are my dates:

Thank you for the details . It surely helped . My CN is in 56xxxs so I will for m a few more weeks/months for the documents confirmation email .

Reactions: WBA

1. Would like to know more about i-134...does the sponsor need to fill the form for each of all selectees because we are 3

2. What are the criteria for the sponsor to be eligible to fill it

3. The i-134 need to be an original document during visa interview or a copy scanned is also allowed

What a relief! Visa issued today for us. I have flight back this Friday evening . Hopefully they will make passports available today tomorrow or at least Friday before 3 PM. May have to pick up passport on the way to airport on Friday ;)
Back to good ol' USA as LPR. Thank you this forum and the moderators . You all make this DV process real easy, Good luck to all 2020 Selectees .

My Timeline below:
Entry Submiited Oct 23 2018
1NL Selected May 07 2019
DS-260 Submitted May 29 2019
Docs Requested Aug 13 2019
Docs Submitted Aug 13 2019
Docs Resubmitted Oct 11 2019 (KCC said it didn’t receive docs even though I got auto reply)
Documents Processed Oct 24 2019
2NL Letter Nov 19 2019
Interview Jan 15 2020
Admin Processing Jan 15 2020
Passports requested Jan 30 2020
Passports Submitted Jan 31 2020 (Fri)
Visa Issued Feb 5 2020
Passports Picked Up: Feb 6 2020
Entered US as LPR: Feb 8 2020

Hello fellow winners, a quick one. My my sponsor location is also where i stated that Green cards will be going ( Missouri). However another friend offered to house us for sometime in Seattle and that is where i want to go. I wanted to know after the VISA is issued can we move straight to Seattle and process our green cards from there or we have to first go to Missouri?

Hello fellow winners, a quick one. My my sponsor location is also where i stated that Green cards will be going ( Missouri). However another friend offered to house us for sometime in Seattle and that is where i want to go. I wanted to know after the VISA is issued can we move straight to Seattle and process our green cards from there or we have to first go to Missouri?
you can go wherever u want...

1. Would like to know more about i-134...does the sponsor need to fill the form for each of all selectees because we are 3

2. What are the criteria for the sponsor to be eligible to fill it

3. The i-134 need to be an original document during visa interview or a copy scanned is also allowed

PLEASE ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR THE ABOVE QUESTIONS!!!

PLEASE ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR THE ABOVE QUESTIONS!!!
I will help on question 1 and 3. According to Britsimon. You only need one Copy for all of you, Their is a part for beneficiary which includes Principal applicant's name, Spouse and two children. The rest of the children are filled in a space at the back of the form.

On qtn 3. They just have to scan and send you by email no need for original copy.

I will help on question 1 and 3. According to Britsimon. You only need one Copy for all of you, Their is a part for beneficiary which includes Principal applicant's name, Spouse and two children. The rest of the children are filled in a space at the back of the form.

On qtn 3. They just have to scan and send you by email no need for original copy.
Thanks me too am so much help here..