• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

It's not rare. There are plenty of examples like that, but you have made a theory based on too little information. Others are also adding 2 + 2 and coming up with "answers" that don't fit every case.

1. For a while, KCC were asking for documents with some planning method (possibly by DS260 processed date) - so that not all cases received requests for documents.
2. In October KCC greatly increased the scope of the document requests, even to the point that they asked cases from "all" case number ranges, whether people had submitted the DS260 or not. This probably created some backlog by about November/December.
3. Some embassies have document concerns and so will ask for some additional processing on documents, but not all embassies are like that. Moscow for example used to place cases on AP because they had special fraud concerns and had implemented special procedures prior to the introduction of the documents procedure. It is likely that they have transferred their special procedures to the front end, based on documents.
4. Because of the wide net cast in point 2, and the additional attention required for some embassies as described in point 3, SOME people are experiencing delays, sometimes along with most applicants at certain embassies. There are other people that are receiving documents satisfaction emails within days of submission. That continues right up to now.
5. Some people are being told they cannot discuss the cases until the number is current. That does not happen in every case either.
6. Some other people report they have not been asked for documents yet - sometimes with case numbers that are current or soon to be current. In some cases this will certainly be missed emails - but it might be more than that - we can't be certain.

So - it would be incorrect to assume there is a "one size fits all" statement here. There are certainly delays and backlogs for some people, others are not experiencing such delays. In documents processing, just like DS260 processing, the processing time can vary case to case - sometimes based on specific embassies, but also there could be other factors (name check matches and so on).
That explain the situation in a much better way . Thank you

Just got email today (exact two weeks after interview) to submit passports and marriage certificate and English translation to the consular via bank. Hopefully it’s good news .
So here is the tricky question, if they approve my case, if I entered as LPR I assume my TPS and TPS based EAD will be auto canceled. On that case , can I work with temporary greencard stamp right away as soon as I am processed at POE or do I need to go to SSN office to update my SSN card and can start working once I received my new SSN card? I am supposed to report back to work on next Monday .

So here is the tricky question, if they approve my case, if I entered as LPR I assume my TPS and TPS based EAD will be auto canceled. On that case , can I work with temporary greencard stamp right away as soon as I am processed at POE or do I need to go to SSN office to update my SSN card and can start working once I received my new SSN card? I am supposed to report back to work on next Monday .
You can start working as soon as that endorsement stamp hits your passport.

"The United States will suspend the issuance of visas that can lead to permanent residency for nationals of Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar and Nigeria, acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said during a call with reporters on Friday.

The U.S. government also will stop issuing “diversity visas” to nationals of Sudan and Tanzania, Wolf said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-nigeria-five-other-countries-idUSKBN1ZU2WD
It is unfortunate. Only God knows how much people are crying in Tanzania and other affected nations.

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the documentation for DV.
I received an email requesting additional documents: birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport, etc, and was asked to email originals or certified copies.
I emailed them translated copies of these documents and was able to receive a date for interview.

Now I am worried that I may be rejected at the interview for failing to upload the originals of my documents. Has anyone been in this situation? Js there a way to rectify the mistake? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

"The United States will suspend the issuance of visas that can lead to permanent residency for nationals of Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar and Nigeria, acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said during a call with reporters on Friday.

The U.S. government also will stop issuing “diversity visas” to nationals of Sudan and Tanzania, Wolf said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-nigeria-five-other-countries-idUSKBN1ZU2WD[/QUOTE

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-nigeria-five-other-countries-idUSKBN1ZU2WD
Hello, my question would be, for someone who was born outside one of these new listed countries (in my case, born in Saudia Arabia but of Sudanese nationality), which puts me in the AS eligibility region, would I still have a chance or not really?!

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the documentation for DV.
I received an email requesting additional documents: birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport, etc, and was asked to email originals or certified copies.
I emailed them translated copies of these documents and was able to receive a date for interview.

Now I am worried that I may be rejected at the interview for failing to upload the originals of my documents. Has anyone been in this situation? Js there a way to rectify the mistake? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
If they were not satisfied with the documents you emailed they wouldn't have have completed processing and scheduled your interview. Just take the originals (and translated copies etc) with you to your interview and all will be fine - relax :)

Then you clearly need to resubmit all of your documents in addition to your marriage certificate and your spouse’s documents too.

Ok, thanks. One more question - Do I need to send spouse documents together with my documents or I’m sending mine from my email and she's sending hers from her email?

One question:
I'm in US, currently on F1. I've got a rather high EU number. I've sent ds260 alongside with all the necessary documents. Besides everything else in ds260, I have filled my current USA address.
Now, I might move to a different apartment. While I will update my address here internally with sevis and DMV, is it necessary to unlock my DS-260 as well and update that address as new current one, or I can just update the address on the day of the interview? I know I've got plenty of time, but I'd like to avoid unlocking DS-260 unless it's absolutely necessary.
Anyone?

Hi every one a quick advice, My case is scheduled for 18th March, a friend of mine in Missouri is sending me the i-134 and also it stated on the DS-260 that its where i want my cards to be emailed. However i will be staying in Washington Seattle as another friend offered to house us for some time as we get together. Now i wanted to know if am asked that where am i going to stay while in the US should i tell the CO Missouri? or seattle. That is what i think is correct. Kindly advise ....

Hi every one a quick advice, My case is scheduled for 18th March, a friend of mine in Missouri is sending me the i-134 and also it stated on the DS-260 that its where i want my cards to be emailed. However i will be staying in Washington Seattle as another friend offered to house us for some time as we get together. Now i wanted to know if am asked that where am i going to stay while in the US should i tell the CO Missouri? or seattle. That is what i think is correct. Kindly advise ....
Please choose one thread to ask a question in, not repeat across threads...
as already answered in another, tell the truth. If you are asked the question and you do plan to live in Seattle, say so.

Hi everyone, I am a winner of DV2020, case number EU24***. I first sent DS260 in July 2019, unlocked it in November to add my newborn son and reopened and sent it again mid Jan to answer the additional questions related to travel history. Docs were sent on Dec 16, 2019. I called KCC today as I haven't received the email confirming they are satisfied with the docs. The lady I talked to was very nice and explained to me that the DS260 forms for me and my family are ok, but she will not be able to see the docs in the system before my number becomes current and I should check again after Feb 15. She added that everything should be fine having in mind I wasn't requested to send additional docs.
So my questions are:
1. Is it possible to be scheduled for the interview without the email confirming everything is ok?
2. Is there any chance they send 2NLs in the first half of the month for the following month interviews?
Thank you for your replies!

Hi everyone, I am a winner of DV2020, case number EU24***. I first sent DS260 in July 2019, unlocked it in November to add my newborn son and reopened and sent it again mid Jan to answer the additional questions related to travel history. Docs were sent on Dec 16, 2019. I called KCC today as I haven't received the email confirming they are satisfied with the docs. The lady I talked to was very nice and explained to me that the DS260 forms for me and my family are ok, but she will not be able to see the docs in the system before my number becomes current and I should check again after Feb 15. She added that everything should be fine having in mind I wasn't requested to send additional docs.
So my questions are:
1. Is it possible to be scheduled for the interview without the email confirming everything is ok?
2. Is there any chance they send 2NLs in the first half of the month for the following month interviews?
Thank you for your replies!
1 - There is a chance you may have missed the email, it's gone into a spam folder etc. However based on what you were told it sounds like your docs have not been processed yet.
2 - 2NLs are sent after the VB is released, so no, you will not receive your 2NL at the beginning of the month.

1 - There is a chance you may have missed the email, it's gone into a spam folder etc. However based on what you were told it sounds like your docs have not been processed yet.
2 - 2NLs are sent after the VB is released, so no, you will not receive your 2NL at the beginning of the month.
Many thanks for your reply! This means that even though my number will probably become current in April, the chances for an interview in April are really low and it's more likely to be scheduled for May. Right?

Many thanks for your reply! This means that even though my number will probably become current in April, the chances for an interview in April are really low and it's more likely to be scheduled for May. Right?
If your documents have not been processed yet, yes it is unlikely you will receive the 2NL later this month.

My suggestion would be to review the documents you have sent and cross check with their list of requirements for documents - did you send everything requested, were the documents named as they specify, were the file sizes ok, did you title the email correctly?

If you think you may have sent the documents incorrectly, you may wish to send them again

2NL email is not really important. It tells you to check the entry page and this is how you can verify whether you were scheduled or not.