• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I’m assuming the embassy returned your passport at the end of your interview - if that’s the case they will contact you and request you return your passport for the visa stamp (which can only be issued by your interviewing embassy) if they decide to approve your case. So yes, you’ll need to return to Nepal in that case.
Just got email today (exact two weeks after interview) to submit passports and marriage certificate and English translation to the consular via bank. Hopefully it’s good news .

Hello,
I was current since last VB, but this january i decided to re-open DS260,to fill out those added question about social media and all that my CN23xxx!! Should i expect 2NL after editing my ds260 this month.

Anyone to answer please from experience
Someone to answer this please.

Hi all
I called KCC this morning to see if any updates about my application, I sent the documents on 22 Nov 2019 and I was told that they didn't get them, is this normal knowing that my CN is AF33XXX? The agent told me that it is shown that my documents were not received and that I need to send them again
Do you think I need to send them again or they don't see them because they still didn't get to my CN?
Please advise
Hi WBA ! I called KCC yesterday to ask for a confirmation that the send documents (Dec 16th) are ok and I also got a very strange response from the lady on the phone. First I was told that they haven't received my documents, to which I said that I followed the naming convention for the documents and that I also got the automatic reply. The lady responded "that means that the documents are in the system but they are not in our system yet" -> wtf ?!? The lady continued and told me to check back in a couple of months when my CN (EU32XXX) will be current or close to current -> wtfx2 ?!?
The whole purpose of this process is to check the documents before the CN goes current in order to be able to schedule the interview as far as I'm aware. I didn't want to argue with the lady but her response just made no sense. I'll try again in the next weeks and hopefully I'll get an answer...

*side-note: I followed SusieQQQ and BritSimon's advice, opened the DS260 and answered the "newly" added questions. Thanks a lot for your guidance !

Hi WBA ! I called KCC yesterday to ask for a confirmation that the send documents (Dec 16th) are ok and I also got a very strange response from the lady on the phone. First I was told that they haven't received my documents, to which I said that I followed the naming convention for the documents and that I also got the automatic reply. The lady responded "that means that the documents are in the system but they are not in our system yet" -> wtf ?!? The lady continued and told me to check back in a couple of months when my CN (EU32XXX) will be current or close to current -> wtfx2 ?!?
The whole purpose of this process is to check the documents before the CN goes current in order to be able to schedule the interview as far as I'm aware. I didn't want to argue with the lady but her response just made no sense. I'll try again in the next weeks and hopefully I'll get an answer...

*side-note: I followed SusieQQQ and BritSimon's advice, opened the DS260 and answered the "newly" added questions. Thanks a lot for your guidance !
My assumption is that they can see the documents only when the CN gets close to current which is my case, I think my CN (AF339XX) will become current next bulletin that's why I wanted to confirm they got the documents. I got also strange answer from the lady I spoke to, she said in the system it is shown that they didn't get them and that the automatic replay is just an automatic reply from the system. She asked me to send them again which I did yesterday and I will follow up with KCC tomorrow
Not sure how it works, probably there is nothing wrong but I better double check

I believe that , this year , they review documents numerically . And then the KCC agents might not be able to see documents of people whose CN is far from being current . Maybe all documents are kept on the main server , and only CNs that are about to be current are sent to agent's system for review . You know , like all docs are in Admin , and users get limited access to some documents . And therefore when someone's number is not about to current , the agents respond that they did not receive them , because even if they search in their system , they won't find it . Let's us be patient and wait and see . That's what I think

Hello, if I already sent ds260 and documents as single, and I’m getting married in Februar, after unlocking DS260 and changing my status do I need to send all documents again or just to send marriage certificate as additional document? So far I have sent passport, birth certificate, military record, police & court record. If I need to send all again, do I need to renew police & court certificates, I took those on September/2019... Thanks!

I believe that , this year , they review documents numerically . And then the KCC agents might not be able to see documents of people whose CN is far from being current . Maybe all documents are kept on the main server , and only CNs that are about to be current are sent to agent's system for review . You know , like all docs are in Admin , and users get limited access to some documents . And therefore when someone's number is not about to current , the agents respond that they did not receive them , because even if they search in their system , they won't find it . Let's us be patient and wait and see . That's what I think
This is what I think as well but my CN will be current next month and they dont see my documents

Hi all,

I called KCC this morning and spoke to probably the nicest person in the world (her name is Marry)
She said the agent will not see the documents until KCC start processing them so there is nothing to worry about. She also mentioned that KCC will send 2 types of emails regarding the documents, either they are valid and they will move to the next step or something is missing without specifying what is missing, for this case I need to call KCC to know exactly what is missing

I hope this helps those who are in the same situation

I don’t think they review documents numerically. My number is not current yet, it won’t be current maybe until may or June (praying it will become current the sooner) and my documents were reviewed by KCC in august. I got the email by end of July to send documents to KCC. I think all depends on how early you filled ds260 and how quickly you sent documents when they were asked before the queue of documents to review was not too long...just my two cents of thought

Hello, if I already sent ds260 and documents as single, and I’m getting married in Februar, after unlocking DS260 and changing my status do I need to send all documents again or just to send marriage certificate as additional document? So far I have sent passport, birth certificate, military record, police & court record. If I need to send all again, do I need to renew police & court certificates, I took those on September/2019... Thanks!

You should re-send all the documents, not just the marriage certificate. You can send the same documents you previously sent.

By the way, will you be adding your spouse (after getting married of course) as a derivative? If yes, hope you know you’ll need to create a separate DS260 for them?

You should re-send all the documents, not just the marriage certificate. You can send the same documents you previously sent.

By the way, will you be adding your spouse (after getting married of course) as a derivative? If yes, hope you know you’ll need to create a separate DS260 for them?

Okay, perfect, thank you!

Yes, I'll be adding her and yes I will create new DS260 for her.

I don’t think they review documents numerically. My number is not current yet, it won’t be current maybe until may or June (praying it will become current the sooner) and my documents were reviewed by KCC in august. I got the email by end of July to send documents to KCC. I think all depends on how early you filled ds260 and how quickly you sent documents when they were asked before the queue of documents to review was not too long...just my two cents of thought
You are confusing DS-260 and supporting documents . What we are talking about are the documents ( passport , and other personal papers ) that you need to send to KCC after submitting the DS-260 .

You are confusing DS-260 and supporting documents . What we are talking about are the documents ( passport , and other personal papers ) that you need to send to KCC after submitting the DS-260 .

I am talking about documents like page of passport, birth certificate, criminal records, etc. I was talking about those documents when I said that I was asked to send those by the end of july, I sent those by beginning of august and few days later KCC replied that my documents are ok and that all I needed to do after this is to wait for my CN to be current. But This waiting is almost killing me and feels like years lol!!!

I am talking about documents like page of passport, birth certificate, criminal records, etc. I was talking about those documents when I said that I was asked to send those by the end of july, I sent those by beginning of august and few days later KCC replied that my documents are ok and that all I needed to do after this is to wait for my CN to be current. But This waiting is almost killing me and feels like years lol!!!
Ah okey . Your case is somehow rare , because most people received documents ok email only when their CN is about to get current . The waiting is surely stressful , but hey , we are amongst the selectees . Others are still waiting for many years just to be selected . Good luck to us all , hope we will get our visas .

Ah okey . Your case is somehow rare , because most people received documents ok email only when their CN is about to get current . The waiting is surely stressful , but hey , we are amongst the selectees . Others are still waiting for many years just to be selected . Good luck to us all , hope we will get our visas .

It's not rare. There are plenty of examples like that, but you have made a theory based on too little information. Others are also adding 2 + 2 and coming up with "answers" that don't fit every case.

1. For a while, KCC were asking for documents with some planning method (possibly by DS260 processed date) - so that not all cases received requests for documents.
2. In October KCC greatly increased the scope of the document requests, even to the point that they asked cases from "all" case number ranges, whether people had submitted the DS260 or not. This probably created some backlog by about November/December.
3. Some embassies have document concerns and so will ask for some additional processing on documents, but not all embassies are like that. Moscow for example used to place cases on AP because they had special fraud concerns and had implemented special procedures prior to the introduction of the documents procedure. It is likely that they have transferred their special procedures to the front end, based on documents.
4. Because of the wide net cast in point 2, and the additional attention required for some embassies as described in point 3, SOME people are experiencing delays, sometimes along with most applicants at certain embassies. There are other people that are receiving documents satisfaction emails within days of submission. That continues right up to now.
5. Some people are being told they cannot discuss the cases until the number is current. That does not happen in every case either.
6. Some other people report they have not been asked for documents yet - sometimes with case numbers that are current or soon to be current. In some cases this will certainly be missed emails - but it might be more than that - we can't be certain.

So - it would be incorrect to assume there is a "one size fits all" statement here. There are certainly delays and backlogs for some people, others are not experiencing such delays. In documents processing, just like DS260 processing, the processing time can vary case to case - sometimes based on specific embassies, but also there could be other factors (name check matches and so on).