• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

If your documents have not been processed yet, yes it is unlikely you will receive the 2NL later this month.

My suggestion would be to review the documents you have sent and cross check with their list of requirements for documents - did you send everything requested, were the documents named as they specify, were the file sizes ok, did you title the email correctly?

If you think you may have sent the documents incorrectly, you may wish to send them again
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check again.

Hi everyone, I am a winner of DV2020, case number EU24***. I first sent DS260 in July 2019, unlocked it in November to add my newborn son and reopened and sent it again mid Jan to answer the additional questions related to travel history. Docs were sent on Dec 16, 2019. I called KCC today as I haven't received the email confirming they are satisfied with the docs. The lady I talked to was very nice and explained to me that the DS260 forms for me and my family are ok, but she will not be able to see the docs in the system before my number becomes current and I should check again after Feb 15. She added that everything should be fine having in mind I wasn't requested to send additional docs.
So my questions are:
1. Is it possible to be scheduled for the interview without the email confirming everything is ok?
2. Is there any chance they send 2NLs in the first half of the month for the following month interviews?
Thank you for your replies!
Hi, I'm in the same situation and share the same timing with you
Based on the statistics my CN will be current next month, I submitted my documents, filled out my DS260 and reopened it almost at the same time you did. I called last week and have been told the same thing however I didn't ask if my DS260 is fine so I will ask.
The agent said she will not be able to see my docs until my number becomes current and that I need to check by the end of Feb
I don't know if all good or not but it looks like there is anything to worry about. I will check in 2/3 weeks and see
I hope this helps you

Hi, I'm in the same situation and share the same timing with you
Based on the statistics my CN will be current next month, I submitted my documents, filled out my DS260 and reopened it almost at the same time you did. I called last week and have been told the same thing however I didn't ask if my DS260 is fine so I will ask.
The agent said she will not be able to see my docs until my number becomes current and that I need to check by the end of Feb
I don't know if all good or not but it looks like there is anything to worry about. I will check in 2/3 weeks and see
I hope this helps you
Thanks for sharing!

My friend who is applying for the lottery via the CP route (March current) submitted his documents and only the very next week got an email along the lines of "your documents have been accepted and we are waiting for you to go current"

Is it usual to receive such an email in less than a week? Is it a generic one or does it mean that they are ready to book his interview?

Sorry for not looking back at the previous replies for my answer. I told him it might take a few months for his documents to go through the review process, but this makes it seem otherwise.

My friend who is applying for the lottery via the CP route (March current) submitted his documents and only the very next week got an email along the lines of "your documents have been accepted and we are waiting for you to go current"

Is it usual to receive such an email in less than a week? Is it a generic one or does it mean that they are ready to book his interview?

Sorry for not looking back at the previous replies for my answer. I told him it might take a few months for his documents to go through the review process, but this makes it seem otherwise.
Thats not unusual, especially if his docs are all pretty straight forward and considering his CN is close to being current

Just got email today (exact two weeks after interview) to submit passports and marriage certificate and English translation to the consular via bank. Hopefully it’s good news .

What a relief! Visa issued today for us. I have flight back this Friday evening . Hopefully they will make passports available today tomorrow or at least Friday before 3 PM. May have to pick up passport on the way to airport on Friday ;)

2010: Not selected
2011: Not selected
2012: Not selected
2013: Not selected
2014: Not selected
2015: Not selected
2016: Not selected
2017: Not selected
2018: Not selected
2019: Not selected
2020: Selected and banned:(:(
What?? What happened?

What?? What happened?
Trump happened @SusieQQQ I just hope the ban will be lifted in time, or if these exceptions happen to be on my favour.

What are the exceptions in the Proclamation?

The following exceptions apply to nationals from the seven countries; nationals covered by an exception will not be subject to any travel restrictions listed in the Proclamation:

a) Any national who was in the United States on the applicable effective date described in Section 7 of the Proclamation for that national, regardless of immigration status;

b) Any national who had a valid visa on the applicable effective date in Section 7 of the Proclamation for that national;

I find it hard to interpret "applicable effective date". I know the Supreme court's decision was on June 26. Now does that mean if I happened to be in the US or having a valid visa on or after that date I qualify for the exceptions?

Trump happened @SusieQQQ I just hope the ban will be lifted in time, or if these exceptions happen to be on my favour.

The following exceptions apply to nationals from the seven countries; nationals covered by an exception will not be subject to any travel restrictions listed in the Proclamation:

a) Any national who was in the United States on the applicable effective date described in Section 7 of the Proclamation for that national, regardless of immigration status;

b) Any national who had a valid visa on the applicable effective date in Section 7 of the Proclamation for that national;

I find it hard to interpret "applicable effective date". I know the Supreme court's decision was on June 26. Now does that mean if I happened to be in the US or having a valid visa on or after that date I qualify for the exceptions?
Oh... I thought you meant you‘d personally been banned for some kind of immigration violation.

a) Anyone from one the banned countries currently in the US and is eligible to file AOS is exempted from the ban. Immigration status is still taken into consideration, someone who entered the country illegally (without an inspection) or who already violated their admitted status and subsequently no longer has a legal status is not eligible to file AOS and is not under the exemption.

b) Any National from one of the banned countries who already has a valid immigration visa is under the exemption. Same with a National who has a NIV issued prior to the effective date (however such a personal shouldn’t be planning on entering the US with said NIV with the mind of processing AOS - that constitutes a fraudulent misuse of the NIV).

Reactions: YTM
a) Anyone from one the banned countries currently in the US and is eligible to file AOS is exempted from the ban. Immigration status is still taken into consideration, someone who entered the country illegally (without an inspection) or who already violated their admitted status and subsequently no longer has a legal status is not eligible to file AOS and is not under the exemption.

b) Any National from one of the banned countries who already has a valid immigration visa is under the exemption. Same with a National who has a NIV issued prior to the effective date (however such a personal shouldn’t be planning on entering the US with said NIV with the mind of processing AOS - that constitutes a fraudulent misuse of the NIV).
Oh that is good to know. One more question. If that NIV was issue before the effective date, but will have expired before the DV interview date. Does is it still qualifies the holder for exemption?

Oh that is good to know. One more question. If that NIV was issue before the effective date, but will have expired before the DV interview date. Does is it still qualifies the holder for exemption?

A valid or an expired NIV (regardless of when it was issued) does not exempt such a National from the immigration ban.