• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello.
Please I want some clarification on the educational qualifications...I am a student of university of ghana but I applied as a matured student meaning i wrote an entrance exams and passed to get admission.. I completed shs in 2009 but I couldn’t re write my papers again.. will it affect me Incase enter the 2021 lottery and win??
This is my first time applying tho

@Jessejay1 you still have chance of rewriting since you are now about to enter the DV 2021 . You can register the NOVDEC when the time is due. To put your self in better place.

Hi Guys.. New member here. I have been going through the forum and so far have gotten alot of information i did not know not too long agoo. Thanks alot for your input people. You are all making a difference.
I have questions though. Now this may sound redundant but i would just really love to clarify.
I got selected for DV20 with CN AF8XXX. I submitted my Form DS260 in May 19. I got an email to send Docs in Sept 19 whch i did 4 days later. Now based on the visa bulletin, i see that in AF the cut off number in Nov 19 is 5600. So i could expect in interview in Dec 19. Is this realistic? Also, about PCC, it lasts 3 months for both the countries i have lived in. Does that mean if i am scheduled in Jan 20 for example, i will have to get another PCC? Ohh Police clearance certificate i mean.
Much appreciated.

Hi all, Can someone answer my question?

A sponsor provides you with an I-134 - a government form indicating their willingness to support you. A host may or may not (because simply listing them on your DS260 is enough) provide you with a letter indicating they’re willing to welcome and let you stay at their home or help you find a place, provide some support here and there as needed until you find your feet.

Some US embassies mostly in some African countries and Nepal (if I’m not mistaken) are more familiar with the host system because it’s kind of like a cultural thing. Nevertheless, showing one has a sponsor is much more better than the host system. The truth is even embassies that that familiar with the host system are beginning to ask for sponsors.

So your best bet is to have a sponsor.

Hello.
Please I want some clarification on the educational qualifications...I am a student of university of ghana but I applied as a matured student meaning i wrote an entrance exams and passed to get admission.. I completed shs in 2009 but I couldn’t re write my papers again.. will it affect me Incase enter the 2021 lottery and win??
This is my first time applying tho

You may have a chance. Anyway, this is a lottery. Enter and get selected first, then we can take a deeper look at your situation and provide further guidance as needed at that time.

Hi Guys.. New member here. I have been going through the forum and so far have gotten alot of information i did not know not too long agoo. Thanks alot for your input people. You are all making a difference.
I have questions though. Now this may sound redundant but i would just really love to clarify.
I got selected for DV20 with CN AF8XXX. I submitted my Form DS260 in May 19. I got an email to send Docs in Sept 19 whch i did 4 days later. Now based on the visa bulletin, i see that in AF the cut off number in Nov 19 is 5600. So i could expect in interview in Dec 19. Is this realistic? Also, about PCC, it lasts 3 months for both the countries i have lived in. Does that mean if i am scheduled in Jan 20 for example, i will have to get another PCC? Ohh Police clearance certificate i mean.
Much appreciated.

1. December or January.
2. I would recommend getting new PCC even though the DV website says PCCs expire after one year unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you haven’t returned since the certificate was issued. So for your country of residence in particular and if a three month validity is noted on the PCC, my recommendation is to get a new one for your interview.

1. December or January.
2. I would recommend getting new PCC even though the DV website says PCCs expire after one year unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you haven’t returned since the certificate was issued. So for your country of residence in particular and if a three month validity is noted on the PCC, my recommendation is to get a new one for your interview.
Thanks man.. I will do just that. I pray i get called in December 2019 so that my PCC is not expired. It is quite expensive to get one in my country of residence.

Hi all, I‘ve been selected in the DV2020 lottery and have a case number in the mid-35s (EU). Would you recommend me to enter the 2021 lottery as well? In case I get selected once again: do you think it can cause any problems when proceeding with the 2020 submission? I was thinking about entering the lottery once again because of my pretty high CN.

Hi all, I‘ve been selected in the DV2020 lottery and have a case number in the mid-35s (EU). Would you recommend me to enter the 2021 lottery as well? In case I get selected once again: do you think it can cause any problems when proceeding with the 2020 submission? I was thinking about entering the lottery once again because of my pretty high CN.

Submitting an eDV entry for DV2021 as a DV2020 selectee is not an issue.

A sponsor provides you with an I-134 - a government form indicating their willingness to support you. A host may or may not (because simply listing them on your DS260 is enough) provide you with a letter indicating they’re willing to welcome and let you stay at their home or help you find a place, provide some support here and there as needed until you find your feet.

Some US embassies mostly in some African countries and Nepal (if I’m not mistaken) are more familiar with the host system because it’s kind of like a cultural thing. Nevertheless, showing one has a sponsor is much more better than the host system. The truth is even embassies that that familiar with the host system are beginning to ask for sponsors.

So your best bet is to have a sponsor.
Thanks!!
I don't remember I provided a sponsor or a host in my DS260. I have additional questions
1- Am I obliged to have a sponsor or a host?
2- Do I need to get I-134?
3- The embassy of the interview if I got invited will be in Canada, do you think they will ask me for a sponsor or a host?

Thanks!!
I don't remember I provided a sponsor or a host in my DS260. I have additional questions
3- The embassy of the interview if I got invited will be in Canada, do you think they will ask me for a sponsor or a host?

1. No, unless the consulate requires you to. So most people do it in advance if they can to save time / not go on AP.
2. This is the same question as half of #1, it is a sponsor who fills in the I134
3. No one can tell you that, it depends on personal circumstances. I do know of someone who got asked an i134 from a consulate where hardiy anyone was ever asked for one (first time we’d seen it on the local forum). It happens.

As with all public charge concerns and DV, nothing is definitive in advance. It all depends on the CO’s assessment of your personal circumstances.

Thanks!!

The answer to these questions are already in my previous post/explanation you know? Anyway Susie has been kind enough to provide some additional useful input.