• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi all,

I have 2 questions
1- After submitting the DS260 and before getting interviewed, what if I decide not to pursue the process, do I need to call KCC or cancel my DS260?
If I decide not to pursue, is there any consequences if I participate again in the lottery in future years?

2- Almost similar to the 1st question, what if I pursue the entire process and got to the USA to get the green card then leave and never come back, what are the consequences? I assume once we get the green card regardless of how we got it (DV, or other way), it will be like any green card and has expiry date, is that right?

Hi all,

I have 2 questions
1- After submitting the DS260 and before getting interviewed, what if I decide not to pursue the process, do I need to call KCC or cancel my DS260?
If I decide not to pursue, is there any consequences if I participate again in the lottery in future years?

2- Almost similar to the 1st question, what if I pursue the entire process and got to the USA to get the green card then leave and never come back, what are the consequences? I assume once we get the green card regardless of how we got it (DV, or other way), it will be like any green card and has expiry date, is that right?

1. No requirement to call KCC or anyone. You can decide to not submit your documents when KCC sends out a document submission email, in which case KCC will not schedule your interview. No consequences participating in future DV lotteries. However, your submission of the DS 260 submission signifies a demonstrated immigrant intent which will always come under review anytime you apply for a US NIV.

2. Your worldwide income becomes subject to US taxation regardless of where you’re living or working until you formally renounce your LPR status. Yes. However an expired GC does not necessarily mean an expired LPR status.

1. No requirement to call KCC or anyone. You can decide to not submit your documents when KCC sends out a document submission email, in which case KCC will not schedule your interview. No consequences participating in future DV lotteries. However, your submission of the DS 260 submission signifies a demonstrated immigrant intent which will always come under review anytime you apply for a US NIV.

2. Your worldwide income becomes subject to US taxation regardless of where you’re living or working until you formally renounce your LPR status. Yes. However an expired GC does not necessarily mean an expired LPR status.
Thanks, about the 2nd question, by expired GC I meant I didn't meet the requirements to keep my PR status, I just didn't find the right word to use
What would make me loose the PR status from residency perspective, like here in Canada when you are a PR you need to spend at least 2 years out of 5 years to keep it. I'm looking for the same in the USA

Thanks, about the 2nd question, by expired GC I meant I didn't meet the requirements to keep my PR status, I just didn't find the right word to use
What would make me loose the PR status from residency perspective, like here in Canada when you are a PR you need to spend at least 2 years out of 5 years to keep it. I'm looking for the same in the USA

It's more than a year's absence when you are presumed to have abandoned residency, BUT you cannot just assume that being gone more than a year releases you from your IRS obligations - so if you do decide you don't want a green card after all, the safest route is to file i407 rather than just try abandon it. This will also help disprove immigrant intent should you ever want to visit the US again at some stage.

Have you managed to open the DS260 or
You've opened and TRYING TO FILL or
You can't sign off your DS260
For the superstars to help you, you have to be clear
Me I'm happy you're another 254 heading to +1 soon. Congrats and be quick so that we help you sign that DS260 very fast
Thank for the respond but i keep trying but not working keep saying case number not found in our system

hi susie thanks for ur reply on saudi arabia birth certificate question above something wrong with my account so i cant reply u on that comment u shared complete requirement of bc in saudi arabia and u ask me if i have tibiya ...

My nationality is pakistani im not saudi citizen so i dont have tabiya but i born in saudi arabia . Actually the birth certificate paper hospital gave me is handwritten but the paper is from ministry of health the heading of the paper is written in arabic

''kingdom of Saudi Arabia "
"Ministry of health"
"birth certificate"

All written in arabic

And the officer in hospital fill my info which they have in system on all columns by hand ,my name, DOB,parents name . And after that he stamp it

So what u think about this if it will acceptable in kcc and embassy? appreciate ur help

hi susie thanks for ur reply on saudi arabia birth certificate question above something wrong with my account so i cant reply u on that comment u shared complete requirement of bc in saudi arabia and u ask me if i have tibiya ...

My nationality is pakistani im not saudi citizen so i dont have tabiya but i born in saudi arabia . Actually the birth certificate paper hospital gave me is handwritten but the paper is from ministry of health the heading of the paper is written in arabic

''kingdom of Saudi Arabia "
"Ministry of health"
"birth certificate"

All written in arabic

And the officer in hospital fill my info which they have in system on all columns by hand ,my name, DOB,parents name . And after that he stamp it

So what u think about this if it will acceptable in kcc and embassy? appreciate ur help
If it’s from the ministry of health it should be acceptable according to what I understand (I cannot say for sure it is the right one but it sounds like it). You’ll need to get an English translation done as well.

Should I send email to saudi arabia riyadh embassy and explain all about that birth certificate with my case number maybe i i can attached the picture of it or i just proceed further with this document

If it’s from the ministry of health it should be acceptable according to what I understand (I cannot say for sure it is the right one but it sounds like it). You’ll need to get an English translation done as well.

Should I send email to saudi arabia riyadh embassy and explain all about that birth certificate with my case number maybe i i can attached the picture of it or i just proceed further with this document

Hello Simon , Mom and Susie . Is it ok if I can apply for my brother that lives in a different country than me . Like I live in Egypt and he lives in Benin . The reason for that is because he believes that I understand to apply for the DV better than him , as I'm already a winner .
If yes . What should I right in the section that asks ( where do you live NOW ) .
Thank you

Hello Simon , Mom and Susie . Is it ok if I can apply for my brother that lives in a different country than me . Like I live in Egypt and he lives in Benin . The reason for that is because he believes that I understand to apply for the DV better than him , as I'm already a winner .
If yes . What should I right in the section that asks ( where do you live NOW ) .
Thank you

Yes you can submit an entry in your brother’s behalf with all of his information as required. You write his address in Benin or wherever he’s currently living.