• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

hello everyone!
first of all I want to say a big THANK you to Simon
hes blog and videos being very helpful
and I do have quite high number EU34K
and I pray Ill get a visa since is a huge dream of mine

I have one question

so I do have a valid passport I submitted to my DS260
and it will be valid still enough time
BUT not many pages left empty

I got a new passport ( in my country is allowed to 2 valid travel passports)
and if I get visa I would love it to be in a brand new passport

shall I unlock my form or i can jiust bring 2 passport to the interview later?

thank you sop much in advance

also if I am not oficcially working but still have bank account and income ( i am a freelancer) will it be enough to prove my financial situation?

I do have all necessary proves of my high education and work experience as well
Best to unlock for a new passport if you have time.

What do you mean you are not “officially working” but you are a freelancer? Freelance work is work. Do you mean you don’t have a standard employment contract, or do you mean you don’t pay tax?

What does "have not returned" actually mean ? Not registering officially as a resident in that country or not even travelling there ?
My situation: CN EU32XXX, living in Romania; consular processing at the US Embassy in Bucharest.
I used to live for about 5 years in Austria and then I returned back home. Now I visit my mother in Austria some 3-4 times/year.
I was actually wondering if :
A. I should request my PC from the Austrian Consular Office in Bucharest, Romania.
B. I should request it in person next time I visit my mother in Austria, probably in December 2019.

-> I actually would have chosen B, since it's cheaper and quicker (PC is offered immediately, as opposed to when requested via the consular office; aprox. 2-3 weeks). Now if I stay any additional day in Austria after requesting and receiving my PC... would it still be considered valid or not ? Or would it be considered that I "returned there since the police certificate was issued" therefore I need a new one anyway from the consular office ?

Get a new one from Austria in Dec 2019 if it’s quick and easy. Remember the “return” only requires a new PCC if the old one is older than a year so it won’t matter if you return after that as the PCC will still be in its period of validity.

Best to unlock for a new passport if you have time.

What do you mean you are not “officially working” but you are a freelancer? Freelance work is work. Do you mean you don’t have a standard employment contract, or do you mean you don’t pay tax?
thank you for reply
in my country ( Ukraine) freelance is not yet obligated by TAX so yes no taxes paid
I do not have official contracts
I do have temporary or one time work such as working and creating content for brands
so then they deduct taxes in order of their country rules
thats why am asking is that okay me being unemployed ?in order to get visa?
if I am 28
and I have work experience
high school and + university degree (medical degree)

thank you for reply
in my country ( Ukraine) freelance is not yet obligated by TAX so yes no taxes paid
I do not have official contracts
I do have temporary or one time work such as working and creating content for brands
so then they deduct taxes in order of their country rules
thats why am asking is that okay me being unemployed ?in order to get visa?
if I am 28
and I have work experience
high school and + university degree (medical degree)

The CO will assess your suitability. I’d think a degree and work experience will be fine but no-one can say for sure what they will want to see.
To state the obvious, even freelance self-employed workers are expected to file and pay tax in the US so you will need to get used to doing that should you move here.

The CO will assess your suitability. I’d think a degree and work experience will be fine but no-one can say for sure what they will want to see.
To state the obvious, even freelance self-employed workers are expected to file and pay tax in the US so you will need to get used to doing that should you move here.
yes I know and Im fine with taxes
is just is not common here and we DO NOT HAVE forms for that
so what should I do hehehe

so I worked officilly last time 2 years ago and of course will be working and paying taxes in USA
but unemployed people get visas right?
I can present good bank account balance ( I am the only one applicant) so I think thjat would be fine?

+ my cousin lives in USA for 10 years already ( 5 years ago a green card lottery winner and 5 years before that a student on the student visa so hes legal) going to get a citizenship very soon
so I wont be alone and I do have a place to stay/live in USA already

so that will be good enough for them? what do you think?
in fact his address where hes living ( his own house) is used to send my green card

so shall I mention about my cousin on the interview?

I have like 2 options
leave it this way abd be unemployed before the interview (so then my questions remains: is that okay being unemployed but have a good background for green card )or find some official contract job?
before that?
in that case if i do find a new job for taxes being paid I shall unlock my form and add it to DS260 or just present at the interview ?

just i want to know whats best as you have a big experience in green card
thats really bothering me a lot
thank you in advance

If your cousin is willing to sign an i134 for you that would be the safest route. Just “mentioning” him doesn’t really mean anything.
I honestly don’t know how understanding the CO will be at you being unable to show employment regardless of income/bank balance. In some places that might make them think the funds are transferred there just for the interview, or that there is illegal activity as the source of income. Maybe you’d get better advice from other Ukrainians on that specific aspect, if this unofficial work thing is common.

If your cousin is willing to sign an i134 for you that would be the safest route. Just “mentioning” him doesn’t really mean anything.
I honestly don’t know how understanding the CO will be at you being unable to show employment regardless of income/bank balance. In some places that might make them think the funds are transferred there just for the interview, or that there is illegal activity as the source of income. Maybe you’d get better advice from other Ukrainians on that specific aspect, if this unofficial work thing is common.
but how other unemployed people got the green cards? did they?
I do have bank movementes during the years so for sure is not moved there for the intervies
i can present my bank paymenst within years
so is not like in put some 5k there for interview
is like balance movements
not sure how to name it in English
i do hope you understand what I am trying to say

but how other unemployed people got the green cards? did they?
I do have bank movementes during the years so for sure is not moved there for the intervies
i can present my bank paymenst within years
so is not like in put some 5k there for interview
is like balance movements
not sure how to name it in English
i do hope you understand what I am trying to say
I understand what you’re trying to say, but I can’t give you the reassurances you’re looking for. I can’t give any advice beyond what I’ve said above. Showing employment or getting an i134 are the safest routes.

I understand what you’re trying to say, but I can’t give you the reassurances you’re looking for. I can’t give any advice beyond what I’ve said above. Showing employment or getting an i134 are the safest routes.
than k you
just read Ukranian forum
they say if you ARE qualified ( high school degree +university degree yore safe +I also do have work experience
as you do not present TAX flies you have being paying in the past
the ukranian embassy says you can have savings to prove your stability in USA for the first period
cause I could have being saving money during my work period + we do have our own property and my cousin has its own property in USA

however I will try to get contract job within the next months
cause I do belive I still have chance to get the green card?
regarding the case number?

Hi everyone ,

Im winner of Dv2020 my cn is AS24xxx ", im from saudi arabia i didn't have the birth certificate of saudi arabia so i went to the civil affairs who gave birth certificates in saudi Arabia but they told me I have to check in the hospital i born and hospital will give me birth certificate so i went to hospital show them copy of birth certificate which i got and they make the original bc for me but i got it from hospital and it is hand written ,not computerized its also stamped by hospital management typing so my question is that will it eligible for dv process ? Civil affairs ask me they cant make a new one for me i have to go to hospital and get it

Last edited:
Hi everyone ,

Im winner of Dv2020 my cn is AS24xxx ", im from saudi arabia i didn't have the birth certificate of saudi arabia so i went to the civil affairs who gave birth certificates in saudi Arabia but they told me I have to check in the hospital i born and hospital will give me birth certificate so i went to hospital show them copy of birth certificate which i got and they make the original bc for me but i got it from hospital and it is hand written ,not computerized its also stamped by hospital management typing so my question is that will it eligible for dv process ? Civil affairs ask me they cant make a new one for me i have to go to hospital and get it

This is the official dept of state on birth certificates from KSA - what the embassy will use to judge what you present - it seems a pretty fluid situation all in all, but it doesn’t sound like just a hospital copy is acceptable. Do you have a tabiya? (See the “alternate documents” section)

Birth Certificates
Available: At time of birth. Sometimes hospitals are able to reproduce birth notifications and/or endorse copies at a later time.

Fees: Fees vary from hospital to hospital.

Document Name: Birth Certificate/ Birth Certificate for Non-Saudis. Older versions of the birth certificate are either paper documents or small booklets issued by the Ministry of Health. Either of these is acceptable for immigration purposes. In the past, Saudi authorities would issue a ‘temporary’ birth certificate and hold the permanent document until the baby completed its vaccinations. These temporary birth certificates are also acceptable. For recent newborns, Saudi Authorities issue certificates in the shape of large notecards. These are acceptable for immigration purposes. When a baby is born, the hospital issues a birth notification to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. The parents can then receive the birth certificate from the Ministry.

Issuing Authority: Ministerial Agency for Civil Affairs, Ministry of Interior

Special Seal(s) / Color/Format: Civil Affairs Seal; Color white (older version green)

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Varies. Sometimes issued by a magistrate, sometimes a registrar. The document may have a signature or name stamp.

Registration Criteria: Parents must hold valid identification. For non-Saudis, both parents need to be legally-documented (iqama-holding) residents of KSA in order to obtain a birth certificate. The Iqama is the Saudi legal residency card for non-Saudis.

Procedure for Obtaining: Request at the Ministerial Agency for Civil Affairs (Al Ahwal Al Mudniyah) office in district of residence. The Ministry will require a birth notification from the hospital where the baby was born and parents’ valid identification. Appointment can be made online: moi.gov.sa

Certified Copies Available: The Saudi government will authenticate copies of the birth certificate, provided that the requester presents a copy of the original document to the Ministerial Agency for Civil Affairs.

Alternate Documents: In cases where a birth certificate is not available, the nationality card (Tabiya) should be used. Tabiyas are only available to Saudi citizens. Third country nationals born in Saudi Arabia who are unable to obtain birth certificates should provide two affidavits of birth attested by a Saudi government entity such as a government ministry, court, or neighborhood chief (Omdah), or a lawyer.

Exceptions: Birth certificates are not available to persons born prior to 1968.

Comments: Birth certificates issued by embassies or foreign missions in Saudi Arabia are generally not acceptable for immigration purposes. However, third country nationals living in Saudi Arabia originating in countries experiencing serious civil unrest (such as Yemen, Syria or Somalia) and therefore unable to access civil services from their home countries, or those born while their parents were not in legal status in Saudi Arabia and therefore unable to obtain a Saudi birth certificate, may approach a special office in their embassy to obtain a birth certificate. To be considered, these embassy birth certificates must be authenticated by the Saudi MOFA.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...d-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

It is really weird that Iran, one of the countries affected by Travel Ban, has got almost equal number of diversity visas for August as Nepal, the country with second highest number of winners in Asia:rolleyes:
Iran: 69
Nepal: 72

It is really weird that Iran, one of the countries affected by Travel Ban, has got almost equal number of diversity visas for August as Nepal, the country with second highest number of winners in Asia:rolleyes:
Iran: 69
Nepal: 72
Can you do me a favor and show me where you found these numbers?