• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

One question.
I'm currently in USA, on my F1 visa and I've basically just started the graduate studies (this is my first semester).
I don't expect my number to become current before summer 2020 (EU46*** range). Now, because of a rather high number, I'd like to do consular processing instead of AOS (and because of the summer break i would probably go to my home country anyways). Since I am physically present in USA, is it going to be an issue and how exactly can I decide that I want to do CP instead of AOS? Is there a place on DS-260 form where I can clearly state that? Still haven't filed DS-260 btw, i think i'll do it in January.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I was selected in the DV lottery CN: OC18xx,

I'm currently on F-1 visa status studying here in California, and as my number is high I'm wanting to Change AOS to CP.

I've unlocked my DS-260 and am changing the Present Address to my home address back in my country of Nationality (Australia).

However, I'm wondering for the Previous Addresses section of the form do I add my current USA address to that section?
I am also In OC18XX

One question.
I'm currently in USA, on my F1 visa and I've basically just started the graduate studies (this is my first semester).
I don't expect my number to become current before summer 2020 (EU46*** range). Now, because of a rather high number, I'd like to do consular processing instead of AOS (and because of the summer break i would probably go to my home country anyways). Since I am physically present in USA, is it going to be an issue and how exactly can I decide that I want to do CP instead of AOS? Is there a place on DS-260 form where I can clearly state that? Still haven't filed DS-260 btw, i think i'll do it in January.

Thanks in advance.

You select your applicable US embassy as processing location when you fill out your DS260 form. That tells KCC you’ll be going through CP, even though your currently based in the US. Just make sure you fully understand of the pros and cons of each process before making your final decision. One of those involves the requirements to submit documents in advance before KCC schedules a KCC appointment.

You select your applicable US embassy as processing location when you fill out your DS260 form. That tells KCC you’ll be going through CP, even though your currently based in the US. Just make sure you fully understand of the pros and cons of each process before making your final decision. One of those involves the requirements to submit documents in advance before KCC schedules a KCC appointment.
Thanks for the answer!
I did investigate both processes and choose CP for a couple of reasons:
1) CP seems to be easier.
2) I will be coming back for summer vacation to my home country anyways, so it's not an extra expense.
3) My number seems to be pretty high and just feel much safer doing it from the embassy then waiting for AOS.
I know about the documents and that part should be fine as well because I have authorized my parents to request and get all the documents necessary from my home government when the time for that comes.

Thanks for the answer!
I did investigate both processes and choose CP for a couple of reasons:
1) CP seems to be easier.
2) I will be coming back for summer vacation to my home country anyways, so it's not an extra expense.
3) My number seems to be pretty high and just feel much safer doing it from the embassy then waiting for AOS.
I know about the documents and that part should be fine as well because I have authorized my parents to request and get all the documents necessary from my home government when the time for that comes.
Just keep one thing in mind. Multiple entry visa is not a strong document like Green Card that you can rely on safely. In case you cannot get your diversity visa or green card Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials may prevent you from entering the US on your non-immigrant visa for already showing immigration intent.

Last edited:
Just keep one thing in mind. Multiple entry visa is not a strong document like Green Card that you can rely on safely. In case you cannot get your diversity visa or green card Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials may prevent you from entering the US on your non-immigrant visa for already showing immigration intent.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I really do hope I will not have to come back on my old visa :) Whole process should probably be finished by my return :) Thanks for the warning in any case :)

hello ":)
may I ask when is the next visa bulletin will be published ?
people recive emails to send over the documents who have 15k numbers Europe
is that a good thing for . a higher numbers if they are so further ahead when the 2020 calendar year just started ?
EU35*** can make it work this year to get a visa chance?

is that a good thing for . a higher numbers if they are so further ahead when the 2020 calendar year just started ?
Around the 15th of each month

15K cases already sending documents in EU
AF guys, what's the highest case numbers already sending documents?

I also wanted to ask about money
so every winner has to present some money account at the interview??
how much money is needed to be on the account to get visa?
does the amount of money makes influence in order to get positive visa decision?
how much money is neede for one person?
If I am not working oficcially but i can present bank account is that okay for visa?
i have worked have work experience . and also uni degree

I regretfully rushed to get my DS-260 submitted when I found out that I had won DV-2020 (I did'nt read Simon's blogs yet that stated high numbers should wait to submit their application). When I completed the application I selected to do AOS since I am currently in the U.S. . I have since then changed my mind and would like to do consular processing. I submitted an unlock request but the application form does not give me the option to change it back. It allows me to change all the other information but when it gets to the Location information page it just says "USCIS" Anyone else had this issue before? Does this mean it is too late to change it to Consular Processing? Please help.

FYI I'm 2020SA34xx so my number will not be current for quite some time.

I regretfully rushed to get my DS-260 submitted when I found out that I had won DV-2020 (I did'nt read Simon's blogs yet that stated high numbers should wait to submit their application). When I completed the application I selected to do AOS since I am currently in the U.S. . I have since then changed my mind and would like to do consular processing. I submitted an unlock request but the application form does not give me the option to change it back. It allows me to change all the other information but when it gets to the Location information page it just says "USCIS" Anyone else had this issue before? Does this mean it is too late to change it to Consular Processing? Please help.

FYI I'm 2020SA34xx so my number will not be current for quite some time.
If you wish to change from AOS to CP you will need to specifically request that in an email to KCC