• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

You took mom’s spreadsheet to show a lawyer?
I’m speechless.

#MeToo

Shocked-gif.gif

See why we need to go into business together?;)

#MeToo

Shocked-gif.gif

See why we need to go into business together?;)

I’m so annoyed on your behalf! Isn’t this the poster that repeatedly asked questions and was repeatedly referred to the spreadsheet where they were answered? She needed a lawyer to read it for her and still got told something else!

Is anyone aware of an overview of *entries* (not selectees) per country for DV2019 and DV2020? I could only find for FYs 2016-2018.

The reason I'd like to know is because the number of selectees for Germany (as an example), and probably other countries, too has deteriorated even with a downwards trend in actual entries/participants, i.e. 1/4th to 1/6th of the selectee numbers compared to a few years ago, or in other words, i.e. 1895 in 2011 down to 678 in 2016, to just 328 selectees in 2020.

Not published yet. But the selectee count for Germany is bases on entries within the EU. It's relative. So - as other countries increase, the German selectee number could drop.

Good morning. I am dv selected 2020 and my case number is EU27XX. i am applying for AOS so yesterday, I went to ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status. I also have to say that I am here with a F1 visa and will expire in July 2020. Based on the previous VB, my number should become current in October. The woman in the office told me that this process take between 12 and 16 months. I am concerning about the fact that my visa will be expired by that time. What is your point of view?
Thank you in advance

Shaking my head here. So much to say...

I love that they named their business with honesty though. "I con". Quite.

@SusieQQQ, @Britsimon

Susie and Simon - looks like its time for us to go into business together, ;) rent some space in an office building, put up a visa lottery immigration services sign and start slapping clients with massive fees for the services we’re currently providing online free of charge. Good thing we’re all within 30 minutes of each other ehy? Oh, we’ll also have to include @Xarthisius - his contributions can’t be overlooked.

Forum members: 30% - 50% discount to the first person that comes up with an acceptable name for our business venture :p

I have a name. "WeRipUoff.con"

And it is great for your shape. With the discount, you only get free desserts 9 months of each year and you get to diet the other 3 :p:p

That "worried fase" is over. I was just wondering. At the consultation with the lawyer I brought your spreadsheet, which is super informative. In your spreadsheet I read that from the moment i become current, it takes between 2 to 4 months. I was like skeptical when she said 12 months.
By the way, sorry for my behavior and thank you for your help. Finger crossed

Doesn't sound like just your "note".

So you weren't happy consulting the spreadsheet and decided to see a lawyer, and now you are not happy because the lawyer doesn't say what the spreadsheet says? I'm not sure what further advice you expect here, seeing as our advice generally is some form of "read the spreadsheet" (or advice contained therein).

Doesn't sound like just your "note".

So you weren't happy consulting the spreadsheet and decided to see a lawyer, and now you are not happy because the lawyer doesn't say what the spreadsheet says? I'm not sure what further advice you expect here, seeing as our advice generally is some form of "read the spreadsheet" (or advice contained therein).
Sorry, I wrote fast. I will explain myself better. I cannot print the spreadsheet, so after having read it, I took notes on the section AOS PACKAGE. I printed all the forms i need and I filled them with the help of my friend. I took an appointment at the International Institute of Connecticut to see if what we wrote on the forms was correct. Just to make sure there was no mistake. When I went there, they started to explain from the beginning about the AOS process. I showed my notes and all the forms already printed and filled.
That is the story. I am sorry if anyone feel fed up with me

That was my thought

I am wondering if there is a new photo disqualification tool - either cutting out duplicates or otherwise stricter - both of which reduce the agent factor (many "agents" reuse photos year after year)

Could it also mean that perhaps Ghana might be closing in on (can't remember the correct terms) but their quota for greencard visas e.g like they did for Nigeria? Just a thought.

Could it also mean that perhaps Ghana might be closing in on (can't remember the correct terms) but their quota for greencard visas e.g like they did for Nigeria? Just a thought.

No. A country is in or it’s out of DV in any given year.

@SusieQQQ, @Britsimon

Susie and Simon - looks like its time for us to go into business together, ;) rent some space in an office building, put up a visa lottery immigration services sign and start slapping clients with massive fees for the services we’re currently providing online free of charge. Good thing we’re all within 30 minutes of each other ehy? Oh, we’ll also have to include @Xarthisius - his contributions can’t be overlooked.

Forum members: 30% - 50% discount to the first person that comes up with an acceptable name for our business venture :p

this sounds so funny but on a real though, it would be a perfect "business"

Only you would have to answer each question no matter how dumb it would sound and without telling the "clients" refer to the 2011 link blah blah blah.

I think because of anxiety, jitters and all things bad, common sense tells most of us, "Bye friend, I will see you once you are done filling the form and done your interview"
Now let me think of a company name we love you all.

Good morning. I am dv selected 2020 and my case number is EU27XX. i am applying for AOS so yesterday, I went to ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status. I also have to say that I am here with a F1 visa and will expire in July 2020. Based on the previous VB, my number should become current in October. The woman in the office told me that this process take between 12 and 16 months. I am concerning about the fact that my visa will be expired by that time. What is your point of view?
Thank you in advance

Have you seen the previous years timelines? All those people processing AOS and only a small percentage not finishing AOS due to running out of time? You are current in October, you have the best possible chance out of everyone to finish the process in time. It took me a good 6 months but it took others only 2 or 3. Way less than the "12 - 16 months" as quoted by your professionals.

Have you seen the previous years timelines? All those people processing AOS and only a small percentage not finishing AOS due to running out of time? You are current in October, you have the best possible chance out of everyone to finish the process in time. It took me a good 6 months but it took others only 2 or 3. Way less than the "12 - 16 months" as quoted by your professionals.
The professionals clearly have no DV experience as the 12-16 month window would put almost every AOS applicant outside the fiscal year window...