• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Yes. But I'm on a beach right now and it's my birthday, so later...

No pressure birthday boy. Enjoy your special day. Birthday greetings from your favorite

tenor.gif

I think no one cares about my question....

It was discussed a lot earlier today in the forums here...was there a particular aspect you don’t understand, or you don’t agree, or you just didn’t see it, or what?

Reactions: WBA
so Nepal has 3696 selectee, if somebody has CN above 3696, will they still have a chance? How do they play CN vs No. of selectee?
That there are 3696 selectees from Nepal doesn't mean all of selectees' case numbers have been ordered from 1 to 3696. This is a lottery! Case numbers are assigned to entrants in the first place and people are selected randomly and not in order. You need to go through basic information about lottery and selection process.

Reactions: YTM
Section E of the 2019 August VB (towards the bottom of the VB) has all the details.

Is anyone aware of an overview of *entries* (not selectees) per country for DV2019 and DV2020? I could only find for FYs 2016-2018.

The reason I'd like to know is because the number of selectees for Germany (as an example), and probably other countries, too has deteriorated even with a downwards trend in actual entries/participants, i.e. 1/4th to 1/6th of the selectee numbers compared to a few years ago, or in other words, i.e. 1895 in 2011 down to 678 in 2016, to just 328 selectees in 2020.

Good morning. I am dv selected 2020 and my case number is EU27XX. i am applying for AOS so yesterday, I went to ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status. I also have to say that I am here with a F1 visa and will expire in July 2020. Based on the previous VB, my number should become current in October. The woman in the office told me that this process take between 12 and 16 months. I am concerning about the fact that my visa will be expired by that time. What is your point of view?
Thank you in advance

Read all that was posted today about the visa Bulletin and you'll understand
It was discussed a lot earlier today in the forums here...was there a particular aspect you don’t understand, or you don’t agree, or you just didn’t see it, or what?
I think I didn't see it or didn't understand it. I know the number of selectee for 2020 has been released, I saw the numbers per country but since I see people saying it is a good news for this year so I'm wondering if there is anything special for this year or released numbers is the news you are talking about?

I think I didn't see it or didn't understand it. I know the number of selectee for 2020 has been released, I saw the numbers per country but since I see people saying it is a good news for this year so I'm wondering if there is anything special for this year or released numbers is the news you are talking about?
The link below has all the answers to your questions. But you definitely should have know a lot about DV and the numbers by now.
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2020-selectee-number-analysis/

Good morning. I am dv selected 2020 and my case number is EU27XX. i am applying for AOS so yesterday, I went to ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status. I also have to say that I am here with a F1 visa and will expire in July 2020. Based on the previous VB, my number should become current in October. The woman in the office told me that this process take between 12 and 16 months. I am concerning about the fact that my visa will be expired by that time. What is your point of view?
Thank you in advance

You clearly are already aware of the DV2020 AOS thread, considering the number of posts you already have there and the timely response you’ve always received, so I’m not sure why you’re posting AOS related questions on this general thread.

You’re also aware of the AOS process spreadsheet which has much more information than any other organization can provide you with. Apparently you like the idea of running/looking all over the place. Oh well, follow the guidance of the woman at “ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status” if you’re more comfortable doing so than relying on some faceless entities on the web :)

Reactions: YTM
@SusieQQQ, @Britsimon

Susie and Simon - looks like its time for us to go into business together, ;) rent some space in an office building, put up a visa lottery immigration services sign and start slapping clients with massive fees for the services we’re currently providing online free of charge. Good thing we’re all within 30 minutes of each other ehy? Oh, we’ll also have to include @Xarthisius - his contributions can’t be overlooked.

Forum members: 30% - 50% discount to the first person that comes up with an acceptable name for our business venture :p

You clearly are already aware of the DV2020 AOS thread, considering the number of posts you already have there and the timely response you’ve always received, so I’m not sure why you’re posting AOS related questions on this general thread.

You’re also aware of the AOS process spreadsheet which has much more information than any other organization can provide you with. Apparently you like the idea of running/looking all over the place. Oh well, follow the guidance of the woman at “ICONN, an office where they offer help for immigrants who plan to adjust their status” if you’re more comfortable doing so than relying on some faceless entities on the web :)
That "worried fase" is over. I was just wondering. At the consultation with the lawyer I brought your spreadsheet, which is super informative. In your spreadsheet I read that from the moment i become current, it takes between 2 to 4 months. I was like skeptical when she said 12 months.
By the way, sorry for my behavior and thank you for your help. Finger crossed

@SusieQQQ, @Britsimon

Susie and Simon - looks like its time for us to go into business together, ;) rent some space in an office building, put up a visa lottery immigration services sign and start slapping clients with massive fees for the services we’re currently providing online free of charge. Good thing we’re all within 30 minutes of each other ehy? Oh, we’ll also have to include @Xarthisius - his contributions can’t be overlooked.

Forum members: 30% - 50% discount to the first person that comes up with an acceptable name for our business venture :p
Lol, please don't. Personally I'd be completely clueless if I hadn't come across this forum and BritSimon's blog. Thanks for the selfless effort you put in helping everyone. It's greatly appreciated :)

@SusieQQQ, @Britsimon

Can I pay with delicious chocolate desserts?

That "worried fase" is over. I was just wondering. At the consultation with the lawyer I brought your spreadsheet, which is super informative. In your spreadsheet I read that from the moment i become current, it takes between 2 to 4 months. I was like skeptical when she said 12 months.
By the way, sorry for my behavior and thank you for your help. Finger crossed

You took mom’s spreadsheet to show a lawyer?
I’m speechless.