• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Thanks a bunch, one last one does the sponsor have to send two copies of i-134 for my self and my wife, when i looked at its indicated beneficially then spouse? Or one is enough.

All : just update. I had interview today. The consular was jackass. Not saying this because he put this on “administrative processing” which was expected in my case but his attitude was horrible. So now just another wait game ...hopefully they will decide this within three weeks coz that’s when my return flight to US is . Hopefully they will parole me & not deny my entry because of this administrative processing . Good luck to everyone else.
Where was the interview and what happened?

Yes , but there is a risk for someone with a high case number . If the need to a check on someone because of those added questions , they will put them on AP . So if some one get August or September interview , can miss their chance . Maybe it would be better to unlock and answer the new questions , if someone has a high case number . To avoid any delay of visa issuance
May i know what are these questions? Are they related to social media provider/platform?

Hey every one , Are you trying to refer to question about Social Media? I submitted my DS-260 at the end of September and these questions were already include. Am confirming if their is any thing i missed.

Hey every one , Are you trying to refer to question about Social Media? I submitted my DS-260 at the end of September and these questions were already include. Am confirming if their is any thing i missed.
The Social media questions were in DS-260 since July, perhaps they are referring to something else

It was 2014 , yes F 1 D/S . I wasn’t eligible for AOS so came for CP. There was better chance with CP (I thought and gamble) so now in administrative processing. Per INA section , ground of inadmissibility that applies to me were student visa abusers and 3 years bar. When few lawyers pointed out that “student visa abusers “ applies only to elementary and secondary schools and 3 years bar do not apply to me since I traveled in advance parole so it should not trigger the bar. That’s what I am thinking not sure how the consulars will interpret this. Hope they are career diplomats and are on top of INA sections and hope they will make the decision accordingly.

It was 2014 , yes F 1 D/S . I wasn’t eligible for AOS so came for CP. There was better chance with CP (I thought and gamble) so now in administrative processing. Per INA section , ground of inadmissibility that applies to me were student visa abusers and 3 years bar. When few lawyers pointed out that “student visa abusers “ applies only to elementary and secondary schools and 3 years bar do not apply to me since I traveled in advance parole so it should not trigger the bar. That’s what I am thinking not sure how the consulars will interpret this. Hope they are career diplomats and are on top of INA sections and hope they will make the decision accordingly.

Of course, all the people handling visas are career consular officials. Ambassadors are political postings but these people are technocrats. They know immigration law and if they are unsure they will seek an advisory opinion from Washington. Of course, mistakes do get made occasionally but they are clearly examining your case properly not just knee-jerking an outcome.

Yes INA 212(A)(6)(G) - Student VISA Abusers” May not be applicable in your case, the CO may decide to find you ineligible based on INA 222(G)

Take a look at the attached 9 FAM 302 Grounds of Ineligibility - scroll down towards the end of the document and review this table:
FAM 302.1-9(B)(6) (U) Summary of INA 222(g) Scenarios - specifically the section that says an alien admitted for D/S found by USCIS in violation of status is subject INA 222(G).

Your AP is irrelevant to the CO in this case, so you didn’t travel out of the US on AP. AP is only applicable when you return to the US and present yourself for re-admission, that is the document that may be used in re-admitting (it doesn’t guarantee re-admission). What it does is that if re-admitted you’ll be allowed to resume your TPS.

I recall we discussed at great length a while back the risks you’ll be taking should you decide to exist the US and attempt CP. So I don’t think this development following your interview was strange to you. Of course I hope the outcome ends on a positive note for you at the end though.

May i know what are these questions? Are they related to social media provider/platform?
The are questions about phone numbers / emails / travel history in the last 5 years . Also there is a question asking if you have any relation with anyone or anything with terrorist activities .

1 more question as I have been researching, for 222 g to be applicable in my case USCIS has to deny my reinstatement application if I had submitted or Immigration judge has to find the violation of status right?

Please, in my case, the selected Couples are in Ghana

1. I want to know if DV selected Couples will need to fill Affidavit of Support (Form i-134) before they go for interview....

2. If they will need to fill form i- 134, who will fill for them?

The are questions about phone numbers / emails / travel history in the last 5 years . Also there is a question asking if you have any relation with anyone or anything with terrorist activities .
I double checked my DS-260 application and found that social media questions,primary phone number & US travel history were there (i didn't find last 5 years history though), it seems like these questions were not there in the period between May and July as i responded to these questions while i was filling my application in mid of July.

1 more question as I have been researching, for 222 g to be applicable in my case USCIS has to deny my reinstatement application if I had submitted or Immigration judge has to find the violation of status right?

Yes USCIS or an IJ need to have found you in status violation in order for INA 222(G) to apply. Your IO can make an argument that USCIS already did when your DAPA was approved since you DAPA approval required being out of status.

Please, in my case, the selected Couples are in Ghana

1. I want to know if DV selected Couples will need to fill Affidavit of Support (Form i-134) before they go for interview....

2. If they will need to fill form i- 134, who will fill for them?

1. Having an I-134 is recommended for all selectees.

2. The person providing you with the form fills it out.

Yes USCIS or an IJ need to have found you in status violation in order for INA 222(G) to apply. Your IO can make an argument that USCIS already did when your DAPA was approved since you DAPA approval required being out of status.
DAPA never existed or happened. TPS was approved on Aug 2015.