• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I submitted my DS-260 on 29th of September and those questions weren't there . I first heard about them end of December , and few people were put to AP because if their travel history . I unlock my DS-260 8th of January and the questions were added , I then answered them and resubmitted my form . So maybe the questions were added in December , therefore if you had submitted your form before December you will most probably not see them .
Thanks mate..
I will unlock and do the necessary changes ..

I submitted my DS-260 on 29th of September and those questions weren't there . I first heard about them end of December , and few people were put to AP because if their travel history . I unlock my DS-260 8th of January and the questions were added , I then answered them and resubmitted my form . So maybe the questions were added in December , therefore if you had submitted your form before December you will most probably not see them .
How sure are you about this? You know, causing fears in others for something that may not exist can slow down the entire process.

How sure are you about this? You know, causing fears in others for something that may not exist can slow down the entire process.

Huh? What can slow down the entire process???

The questions exist. Some people (not all) would be wise to unlock and answer the questions rather than take a delay after the interview.

This VB is quite bleak TBH, apart from AF and OC that seem to progress in a good pace, the rest is behind... EU saw a big jump but still not big enough, AS is basically stuck with backlog, and SA is in a bad spot... I don't understand what happened to KCC this year, how are they already messing it all up when we're not even half way through? What happened to the rejoice we had in July when we found out there's a low number of selectees and more visas to be given? How from that we ended up in a spot where almost all high CN are at real risk?
If this goes on there will be only 20K visas issued this year, tops.

Should I go back and change DS260 if I submitted it before I took a trip to the US with esta? Because now there is no information about my last trip on the DS260.

I have a few questions perhaps someone with more experience can help me out.

My situation
- CN EU44k
- I will study abroad twice this year (1. mid April - end of August in Colombia, 2. end of August - December in the US)

My CN is rather high that's why I would prefer to do the processing in my home country (Germany).

My plan
1. Get a student visa for the US (as a fallback option)
2. Submit documents
3. Go to Colombia
4. Fly back to do the interview in Germany
5. Go to Colombia again
6. Come back to Germany and get my passport
7. Go to the US using the Greencard instead of the student visa

Let's assume flying back and forth is not an issue.

If I submit my documents too late I might be missing out at all. If I submit them too early, I can't apply for a non-immigration student visa which I would like to have as a backup plan.

Does my plan make sense?
Would do you think about doing the processing in Colombia?
When do you think is the best time to submit my documents?

@Feynman processing In Colombia is a dodgy option. First I do not think you will even be eligible to do so as you are only there a few months on a study abroad program, not any kind of long term residency. Second even if they do allow it,whihc I doubt, it can take a couple of months to reschedule between embassies, if something goes wrong with the timing there and you need to transfer It to Germany you may just run out of time.

Huh? What can slow down the entire process???

The questions exist. Some people (not all) would be wise to unlock and answer the questions rather than take a delay after the interview.
The travel history questions are not added to all DS 260s.
Something new is going on in KCC and according to them unlocking the DS260 is slowing you down. This has changed and I believe now you have to provide a good reason why you want to unlock it.

Anyway, I am suggesting before you jump and unlock it, review it and see what is missing. Then contact KCC and ask them should you unlock it or not.

The travel history questions are not added to all DS 260s.
Something new is going on in KCC and according to them unlocking the DS260 is slowing you down. This has changed and I believe now you have to provide a good reason why you want to unlock it.

Anyway, I am suggesting before you jump and unlock it, review it and see what is missing. Then contact KCC and ask them should you unlock it or not.
Travel history has always been part of the DS-260, its social media that has been added this DV year.

And while its true that unlocking to add additional info may slow down the process (eg: if they require a new background check based on new info provided).. it is far better to get this done BEFORE you interview, being on AP after your interview because you didnt provide important info is much more nerve wracking.

So if you are not current and have to ability to unlock to add required information it's a good idea to do so

This VB is quite bleak TBH, apart from AF and OC that seem to progress in a good pace, the rest is behind... EU saw a big jump but still not big enough, AS is basically stuck with backlog, and SA is in a bad spot... I don't understand what happened to KCC this year, how are they already messing it all up when we're not even half way through? What happened to the rejoice we had in July when we found out there's a low number of selectees and more visas to be given? How from that we ended up in a spot where almost all high CN are at real risk?
Don't think of it in this way. I keep telling people that this is a lottery. The investor visa, went to 900K USD, winning a green card like that, is like winning $ 1.2 million.
The stuff are changing and this may not last long.
Once you are lucky to get it, start paying attention to the rules. Missing info in your tax form can get you deported. For example

None of those are actually new and “could” lol all you do is amend your return. Do you really think they have time to waste in immigration court over this?
Lol
You guys are funny. Do you know how Canada kept illegal immigration to the minimum all this time? Through deportation. There are cases of even citizenship revoke and then deportation.
Waste immigration court time over this? IRS will be linked to the immigration, failing to report that you are immigrant can cost you the GC. What is so "lol" to you?

Daftest post of the day.

You guys are funny. Do you know how Canada kept illegal immigration to the minimum all this time? Through deportation. There are cases of even citizenship revoke and then deportation.
Waste immigration court time over this? IRS will be linked to the immigration, failing to report that you are immigrant can cost you the GC. What is so "lol" to you?

Suggest you do some research.
There are millions of illegal immigrants who pay taxes. If the irs was linked to immigration, why aren’t they deported? Hm? Tax issues are brought to light when uscis looks at your returns, not because the irs reports anything to them.
I also suggest you do some research into what is involved in being deported. They don’t just arrive at your house put you on a plane if you have a green card. There is an order, court, a judge etc involved. All that for something that can be fixed in half an hour? No way, not when the courts are as backlogged as they are.
Have fun doing all that research. Knowing what you’re talking about helps.