• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi Everyone
i would like to know the delay between the dates of the interview scheduling letter and the interview at the embassy.
My worry is about having recieved the confirmation reciept for the required documents by KCC but having not been notified yet of the date of the interview since my case number will be current in february, means in less than 03 weeks
Thank you
Interview letters for February were sent in December, so if you have not received your 2NL you will not be interviewing then.

The VB is about to be released and 2NLs for March interviews will be sent shortly after, if all your documentation is in order you are likely to be sent your 2NL.

You mentioned "confirmation receipt" - was this the auto reply that they received your documents or the email advising all docs have processed and you are ready for scheduling?

Hello all! Please help with the confusion between myself and @Hevgibbs - are the photos you take for your interview US sized or your country of interview?

as per instructions for interview, US size.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html , see further link to photo requirements under “photographs“, which says

Diversity Visa Program Selectees

Each DV applicant will need to bring two (2) identical photos to the interview. Your photos must be:

• Printed on photo quality paper
  • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

as per instructions for interview, US size.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html , see further link to photo requirements under “photographs“, which says

Diversity Visa Program Selectees

Each DV applicant will need to bring two (2) identical photos to the interview. Your photos must be:

• Printed on photo quality paper
  • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

Thanks Susie,

Do you think it would be ok to do them ourselves making sure all dimensions are correct, white backdrop etc.
Also if they are not the same photo as medical photos is that ok?

Thanks Susie,

Do you think it would be ok to do them ourselves making sure all dimensions are correct, white backdrop etc.
Also if they are not the same photo as medical photos is that ok?

I seem to recall our medicals were local passport size but that was long ago.
I guess you could do them yourselves but honestly in the big scheme of things here how much is that going to save you?

I seem to recall our medicals were local passport size but that was long ago.
I guess you could do them yourselves but honestly in the big scheme of things here how much is that going to save you?

$40!! We got an extra sheet each of the same as the medical not knowing the interview ones needed to be American sized so we flushed $40 already so $80!!

I found a cropping tool for doing them yourself on the US gov website :)

$40!! We got an extra sheet each of the same as the medical not knowing the interview ones needed to be American sized so we flushed $40 already so $80!!

I found a cropping tool for doing them yourself on the US gov website :)
if you have a digital copy and you can crop them to the 2"x2" I'd say go for it - just use proper photo paper

Hi
Thank you @Aidyn for these details
I sent my documents since October 25, 2019 and on December 18, 2019 i recieved the email bellow telling me that i'm ready to be scheduled for an interview when my number will be current
Then i don' know what am i supposed to do now

KCC DV.JPG

Hi
I sent my documents since October 25, 2019 and on December 18, 2019 i recieved the email bellow telling me that i'm ready to be scheduled for an interview when my number will be current

View attachment 1424
You just need to keep checking your email if you received 2nl and also check the page where you found your 1nl to see if you find there a different letter that is 2nl

Hi

View attachment 1424

you wait. Double check the page you found your initial selection but otherwise, wait. You got that confirmation email quite late in December so you may have missed the scheduling round. They only do scheduling once a month.

It has already been answered by @Aidyn a few days ago.
"No need to go back and update that information if it was not there when you originally submitted. Just be prepared that they may ask about it during your interview, so just provide the details if they do ask :) "
Yes , but there is a risk for someone with a high case number . If the need to a check on someone because of those added questions , they will put them on AP . So if some one get August or September interview , can miss their chance . Maybe it would be better to unlock and answer the new questions , if someone has a high case number . To avoid any delay of visa issuance

Reactions: YTM
Yes , but there is a risk for someone with a high case number . If the need to a check on someone because of those added questions , they will put them on AP . So if some one get August or September interview , can miss their chance . Maybe it would be better to unlock and answer the new questions , if someone has a high case number . To avoid any delay of visa issuance

Agreed. For some people, the ds5535 would be required if these questions are not answered. In those cases someone would be better off updating the ds260 proactively. They are waiting anyway, so why not.

Agreed. For some people, the ds5535 would be required if these questions are not answered. In those cases someone would be better off updating the ds260 proactively. They are waiting anyway, so why not.
Do you think this ds5535 will be for some cases or for everyone who didn't enter these new fields?
I see from the CEAC site that they are saying it can take several weeks and some statuses from early December are still in AP.
It is worth it to update the DS260 if my number will be current in April?

I unlock it once. Should I request it again and answer those questions?

Do you think this ds5535 will be for some cases or for everyone who didn't enter these new fields?
I see from the CEAC site that they are saying it can take several weeks and some statuses from early December are still in AP.
It is worth it to update the DS260 if my number will be current in April?

Your first question would be answered by rereading my post.

If I were in your position, i would unlock.

Hi friends, one question: when we arrive in the USA (in the first few weeks), with a visa in the passport, but still without SSN and GC, can we look for work, rent a house, open a bank account, buy a car, get a driving license? thank you!

I unlock it once. Should I request it again and answer those questions?
I know about 5 people who were put to AP and asked to answer and submit the new questions online . Some of them are still on AP for weeks . Imagine if you have interview in August or September and gave the same issue . My CN is 56xxx and I unlocked my DS260 to answer the questions . They are few question , but you can clearly see they are very important ones , as they are about home security .

Are these the Questions about social Media & etc, These affected before who submitted their D260 Before August . I had had filled mine as soon as may but i submitted end of September and i found those questions there. Are those the ones you referring too?

Hi

View attachment 1424
I think what you should do is to wait, i did the same on December 2nd and on 12th i received the email about docs being received, I became current in Feb but their is no 2NL yet. However basing on Britsiom and the information on the platform, it shows that they had send 2NL up to 18000. Yet am at AF20XXX so we waiting patiently and hoping it will come before month end i advise you do the same.