• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I have question regarding the social media information in the DS 260 form. Back then when I submitted my DS 260 there was no question as such but later it was added. So should I now unlock the DS 260 and update the social media information ? I already got an acknowledge email from KCC regarding the successful submission of document and now waiting for my number to be current. Case number AS94**
No need to go back and update that information if it was not there when you originally submitted. Just be prepared that they may ask about it during your interview, so just provide the details if they do ask :)

You just go and get it. Just be sure to check all the boxes for info request and that's it. Takes 2 minutes.

Thank you, Yes I've got it already via Post.
I am not Polish, just I lived there for a while. I received back the same form I sent, but stamped. I expected to get a separate document, but as it appears that's just it :)

Thank you, Yes I've got it already via Post.
I am not Polish, just I lived there for a while. I received back the same form I sent, but stamped. I expected to get a separate document, but as it appears that's just it :)

Yup, it's pretty straightforward. On the stamps it only says "not listed" (...in the criminal database) and that's it.
You've been checked, you're clear.

Hello guys I have an interview today my case number is 2020AF11xxx and it goes well I succeeded the interview.
I would like to share my happiness my flow DV2020 winner I hope you will get through.
Atlast i would like to thank the forum participants for there help thank you guys a lot.

Hello guys I have an interview today my case number is 2020AF11xxx and it goes well I succeeded the interview.
I would like to share my happiness my flow DV2020 winner I hope you will get through.
Atlast i would like to thank the forum participants for there help thank you guys a lot.
Congratulations to you and wish you good preparations. After taking a breathe, please kindly share your experience with us. Thanks

Hello,

Is there going to be a problem to get a visa if I still have two more years to study? I would be able to go to America in those 6 months but I would have to come back to my country.

Hello,

Is there going to be a problem to get a visa if I still have two more years to study? I would be able to go to America in those 6 months but I would have to come back to my country.

you can appy for a re-entry permit, which allows you 2 years out the US without jeopardizing your green card (usually considered abandoned after a year out). Note:
1. You have to be in the US to both apply for the permit and get the biometrics done for it, usually requiring 3-4 weeks in the US. The cost of the permit is $575, plus $85 for biometrics.
2. Although this protects your green card from being abandoned, it doesn’t help the residence and presence requirements for naturalization, so your 5 year clock for becoming a citizen will re-start when you re-enter in 2years time.

see also
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

I don’t know what degree you are doing or where you are from or how far you are, but in almost all cases it is better for a new graduate to start looking for jobs with a US degree, so imo you should consider rather completing your studies here. Community colleges are a low cost option to start doing a degree with, and as a green card holder you will be eligible for federal aid and loans, as well as need-based aid directly from colleges. You’d probably have to be in a location for a year to establish residency for instate tuition, another reason to start at a community college.

Last edited:
hello everyone, I won the DV lottery with the CN EU395xx and I would like if this case number does have a chance to get to the interview this year. This is the third time when I got my application for the DV and I won.
Thank y'all in advance !

hello everyone, I won the DV lottery with the CN EU395xx and I would like if this case number does have a chance to get to the interview this year. This is the third time when I got my application for the DV and I won.
Thank y'all in advance !

It’s okay number... It’s not high number at all...
Submit DS-260 and wait for documents email then send them documents too...
Interview probably lets say May/June...

You mean after the interview? Varies by embassy.FYI Sometimes people notice a brief period of AP which is to do with the printing of the visa - but some freak out. If that AP status continues for more than a couple of work days, its real AP.
Okay thanks. Seems my embassy is slow...

While reviewing my DS260 (sent on Aug 15 and processed), I discovered a bunch of questions had been added since then!
Have you used any other email addresses in the last five years?
List of countries visited in the last five years?
Do you want to add other social platforms you used in the last five years?
Are you a son/daughter/spouse of individual engaged in terrorist activities or assist them financially?
I'm concerned by these new questions, especially the last one as it comes under the security section and must be answered by YES or NO? Will KCC consider it incomplete form? Should I unlock to answer it?

While reviewing my DS260 (sent on Aug 15 and processed), I discovered a bunch of questions had been added since then!
Are you a son/daughter/spouse of individual engaged in terrorist activities or assist them financially?
I'm concerned by these new questions, especially the last one as it comes under the security section and must be answered by YES or NO? Will KCC consider it incomplete form? Should I unlock to answer it?
It has already been answered by @Aidyn a few days ago.
"No need to go back and update that information if it was not there when you originally submitted. Just be prepared that they may ask about it during your interview, so just provide the details if they do ask :) "

Hi Everyone
i would like to know the delay between the dates of the interview scheduling letter and the interview at the embassy.
My worry is about having recieved the confirmation reciept for the required documents by KCC but having not been notified yet of the date of the interview since my case number will be current in february, means in less than 03 weeks
Thank you

I am in a similar situation and will give you my opinion.
I think depends on your case number, your region, and country, your name, and what are your answers to these questions.
So for example, if you are about to become current in the next couple of months I think you should not unlock it. From my communication with KCC getting this response "Sir you already opened 3 times", Obviously sounds like a problem and could slow the process down. But also depends on the changes you are opening it. Not important is to fix the name of my University because I misspelled it. No one cares about this.

This one is different, and depends on your case may put you in a long AP at the interview. Simply think about it. It may require a deeper background check that is run by different agencies. The police checks are only name-based and are very quick and done in advance.

Use your common sense. For me, I am going to provide that info at the interview. All my questions are "No" and I am from a very safe and non-threatening the west country.