• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

True but some folks in regional areas still have to travel by car for a few hours to get to an airport and then on to a flight that might be 3/5 hours etc.

Did you get a copy of the results for your own records?

Did they send the results to the embassy directly along with your chest X-ray?

I take it you have to wait for the results of your blood test to know if you passed.

They sent the results directly to the embassy and sent me a copy of the results and xray on a disc. Ill take my results and the disc with me to the embassy just in case.

They sent the results directly to the embassy and sent me a copy of the results and xray on a disc. Ill take my results and the disc with me to the embassy just in case.
That’s good that you get a copy to keep as well.

True but some folks in regional areas still have to travel by car for a few hours to get to an airport and then on to a flight that might be 3/5 hours etc.

I agree. But then it would be irrelevant to them whether or not they had to travel to Sydney VS Canberra VS Melbourne etc.

I am curious. Does the Sydney consulate require you to courier/drop off your documents two weeks prior to your interview? The Auckland one does.

I mean the physical copies of the documents to the actual consulate 2 weeks before the interview date. Not the email to the KCC prior to the interview date.

I mean the physical copies of the documents to the actual consulate 2 weeks before the interview date. Not the email to the KCC prior to the interview date.
Most consulates don’t require that, Auckland is one of the few that want physical copies.

I'm not complaining, I actually quite like it. No need to remember to bring them all on the day of the interview. In fact, the lady has already emailed me saying everything is in order and to remember to bring my passports and a courier bag to the interview to send out the "visa packages". Sounding good so far, but am experienced enough with immigration departments to never assume anything.

So getting ready to go to Syd for my interview, how dressed up should I get, was just going to go neat casual in a shirt and jeans or should I suit up?

Is it weird to look forward to your interview? Most people seem to dread it but I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm super excited for mine, probably because its the final step in being able to move to the US and start my life with my boyfriend. That said (I think it was Mom or Suzie) that said the interview is rather anti climatic ... but a trip to Sydney is always fun, so there's that :)

Just out of interest, they stick a temp visa in your passport right? Is that sufficient to start looking for work?

So getting ready to go to Syd for my interview, how dressed up should I get, was just going to go neat casual in a shirt and jeans or should I suit up?

I hear wearing full cowboy attire, including a cowboy hat and huge belt buckle, is counted as a plus.

;)