• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

He said a “re-entry visa”. There is no such thing. If he means a re-entry permit, he needs to get biometrics done (yes, again, separate from at the border). That is exactly why I asked for clarification in my earlier post -

If he means something else, then ... I don’t know what it is, I’m not aware of anything else issued by USCIS that is a “re-entry” anything. Obviously you can re-enter on a green card as long as you don’t stay out longer than 12 months,but he seemed to be talking about this other thing in addition to a green card.

Hi SuzieWQQ, yes sorry meant Re-entry Permit, is that good for up to 2 years? From what I understand. Dont plan on being that long but good to know.

Hi SuzieWQQ, yes sorry meant Re-entry Permit, is that good for up to 2 years? From what I understand. Dont plan on being that long but good to know.

Yes. Typically your biometric appointment will be about 4 weeks after you file. You need to apply in the US and to have the bio done before you leave, but then can get the REP sent to the nearest consulate to where you will be living.

So how long is the interview? Mine is in a couple of weeks. I was there today dropping off my documents (except passports) at their request so I cannot imagine it being that long?

So how long is the interview? Mine is in a couple of weeks. I was there today dropping off my documents (except passports) at their request so I cannot imagine it being that long?
From all the interview experience stories I've read they say you can be in the consulate for a few hours (sometimes not even that) but the interview itself is 5 mins at best and the questions are basic stuff like, Whats your name, who are you married to, where do you plan on living, what do you do for work etc etc.
If you havent already done so, check out BritSimon's blog, theres a who section dedicated to interview experience stories!! I cant link the page here but it is at the end of all his posts

Congrats for getting an interview date. Does anyone know how long it takes from the interview date, to receiving your passport back with Visa?

For us, it was less than an hour from start to finish. Majority of the time is spent getting through security and getting up to the consulate.

How long it takes to get your passport back depends. I've heard of Sydney people getting theirs back the next day. We were Melbourne. Interviewed on Tuesday. Passports back by Thursday.

Yay congratulations you guys!!!! So exciting that your interviews are just around the corner.

I received my email this morning that my ds260 and all supporting documents had been submitted successfully and to wait now for an interview date!

Last edited:
How long it takes to get your passport back depends. I've heard of Sydney people getting theirs back the next day. We were Melbourne. Interviewed on Tuesday. Passports back by Thursday.

Thanks for that. Working FIFO overseas 2 weeks on/off has me stressing about the interview date and impact on being able to fly back overseas.

Hey so getting all my documents ready for the interview and going through the checklist they sent me and it asks for "Employment records/O net" is that if you are applying under Work and not Education or do I need to get work history documents as well, I applied under education.

Where does one get their medical done in Sydney? I see two listed on the consulate page but wondering if one is cheaper than the other

Where does one get their medical done in Sydney? I see two listed on the consulate page but wondering if one is cheaper than the other
I’d say it’s probably the same cost at either however check out the reviews for the dr’s one of them has a better review rating than the other.