• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

I'm in Brisbane so I can't help you with that one Robbo, cost of mine is $605
Aidyn what did you think of the whole medical process? Is the place to get your x-rays done far from the medical centre? It’s underneath the Sofitel right? Did you get additional injections done or was the $600 for the medical and X-ray only?

Can't answer those questions, but I will say do NOT get any injections before the medical. My wife had zero vaccination records and only needed two despite the huge list they supply.

Can't answer those questions, but I will say do NOT get any injections before the medical. My wife had zero vaccination records and only needed two despite the huge list they supply.
Cool I’ll just wait till the medical to get mine. You got yours done in Brisbane as well right Bob? Was your cost break down per person around the same amount?

No I got mine in Auckland, and mine seemed cheaper. It was about $450 NZD for the entire thing per person including x-rays and bloods. I think that's about A$400.

Aidyn what did you think of the whole medical process? Is the place to get your x-rays done far from the medical centre? It’s underneath the Sofitel right? Did you get additional injections done or was the $600 for the medical and X-ray only?
I'll let you know once I've been, I'm booked in for 7th March. According to the docs they sent me the $605 includes x-rays and blood tests but does not include any additional vaccinations you require.
I did mention that my doctor did a blood test for everything on their list, the receptionist said to bring a copy of the report but not all of these are required to be vaccinated against. She indicated that Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) as well as DTPa-Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (whooping cough) are the main ones they are looking at, she also asked if I'd ever had Chicken Pox (which I havent)... that said, this was the receptionist and not the doctor himself, so don't take it as word!

Yes they are underneath the Sofitel which is right above Central Station, handy if you're taking the train.

I'll let you know once I've been, I'm booked in for 7th March. According to the docs they sent me the $605 includes x-rays and blood tests but does not include any additional vaccinations you require.
I did mention that my doctor did a blood test for everything on their list, the receptionist said to bring a copy of the report but not all of these are required to be vaccinated against. She indicated that Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) as well as DTPa-Diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (whooping cough) are the main ones they are looking at, she also asked if I'd ever had Chicken Pox (which I havent)... that said, this was the receptionist and not the doctor himself, so don't take it as word!

Yes they are underneath the Sofitel which is right above Central Station, handy if you're taking the train.
Awesome I am scheduled to get my MMR and dtp and have done the full blood screening to see what I need so I’ll get those two done and take the results of my blood test.

I normally stay at the Sofitel when I’m Brisbane so it works out perfectly.

Oh yeah, i did forget the chicken pox thing. I told them i had it as a kid, but apparently that's not good enough and you need to be tested to see you are immune to it (that cost me $35 NZD)

My medical cost $725 all up, had to get 3 extra shots. Got the results last wed, PASSED! Woop. Now for the intrview in Syd on March 5th. Booked my flights a couple days before on Sun 3rd to be sure no problems getting there from Melb.

Wow I am surprised a city as large as Melbourne doesn't have a US consulate? Oh well, think of it as a holiday! Best of luck, your interview is two days before mine.

My medical cost $725 all up, had to get 3 extra shots. Got the results last wed, PASSED! Woop. Now for the intrview in Syd on March 5th. Booked my flights a couple days before on Sun 3rd to be sure no problems getting there from Melb.
Good Luck, please come back and tell us how you went once its all over

Wow I am surprised a city as large as Melbourne doesn't have a US consulate? Oh well, think of it as a holiday! Best of luck, your interview is two days before mine.
Sydney is the only office that handles DV visa interviews

Every country only has one US embassy or consulate that handles immigrant visas.

Did you get a copy of the results for your own records?

Did they send the results to the embassy directly along with your chest X-ray?

I take it you have to wait for the results of your blood test to know if you passed.

I have a question about public charge.
I know the Sydney embassy may never ask about financial details but I have my interview in April and won’t have the required funds they are looking for by then. However I can show them my savings plan and how I will have more than enough by the time I move at the end of the year. Will this be enough to show I can support myself or do I still need an I-134 form? I just don’t want to burden my friends over there with this if I don’t have to.

I have a question about public charge.
I know the Sydney embassy may never ask about financial details but I have my interview in April and won’t have the required funds they are looking for by then. However I can show them my savings plan and how I will have more than enough by the time I move at the end of the year. Will this be enough to show I can support myself or do I still need an I-134 form? I just don’t want to burden my friends over there with this if I don’t have to.

If they ask about financials (which is unlikely at Sydney) then a savings plan won't help.

Did you get a copy of the results for your own records?

Did they send the results to the embassy directly along with your chest X-ray?

I take it you have to wait for the results of your blood test to know if you passed.

I got a copy of my vaccination records from them and CD of my xray (for immigration at the border apparently). I never thought to ask for the full results, I probably should have.

They actually don't seem to test for much. From what i saw, TB, some STD's, chicken pox. Even the physical seemed pretty basic.

I got a copy of my vaccination records from them and CD of my xray (for immigration at the border apparently). I never thought to ask for the full results, I probably should have.

They actually don't seem to test for much. From what i saw, TB, some STD's, chicken pox. Even the physical seemed pretty basic.
Yeah I think they only blood test for sphylis and pee test for ghonnorea (spelling).

I think the main focus of it is that if you have any issues health wise (physical or mental) that they are being treated and are stable.