• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Hi All

I've got my interview penciled in mid-March (getting excited) with my medical in a few days. I just wanted to seek out some thoughts/opinions to some questions:

1. When I submitted my DS-260 (May 2018) it asked for a history of all my visits to the US. Since lodging my DS-260, I've made a trip in the latter part of 2018 to the US. My case is now at the consulate; however, in this case, should I email the consulate and ask if it is possible to modify my DS-260 in respect of this or should mentioning this to the consular officer be sufficient?

2. When I completed my DS-260, I specified that I had work experience because it was easier to get employment records at the time (I can't remember if it asked to nominate either work qualifications or high school qualifications). Since submitting my DS-260 I've moved up in my company - i.e. same type of role but increased responsibility and job class in O-Net but different title (Analyst --> Associate) and increased pay. After doing a bit more reading online, many say it is easier to use the high school requirement if it is satisfied. My question is, if I bring both high school and employment records to the consulate, can I just rely on the high school qualification or did I need to elect this earlier? If the roles or similar but with increased responsibilities, can both the time periods be combined to meet the 2 year requirement?

Thanks in advance everyone! :)

Hi All

I've got my interview penciled in mid-March (getting excited) with my medical in a few days. I just wanted to seek out some thoughts/opinions to some questions:

1. When I submitted my DS-260 (May 2018) it asked for a history of all my visits to the US. Since lodging my DS-260, I've made a trip in the latter part of 2018 to the US. My case is now at the consulate; however, in this case, should I email the consulate and ask if it is possible to modify my DS-260 in respect of this or should mentioning this to the consular officer be sufficient?

2. When I completed my DS-260, I specified that I had work experience because it was easier to get employment records at the time (I can't remember if it asked to nominate either work qualifications or high school qualifications). Since submitting my DS-260 I've moved up in my company - i.e. same type of role but increased responsibility and job class in O-Net but different title (Analyst --> Associate) and increased pay. After doing a bit more reading online, many say it is easier to use the high school requirement if it is satisfied. My question is, if I bring both high school and employment records to the consulate, can I just rely on the high school qualification or did I need to elect this earlier? If the roles or similar but with increased responsibilities, can both the time periods be combined to meet the 2 year requirement?

Thanks in advance everyone! :)

1 - you can advise them at the interview of additional trips to the US - I've also made another trip since I submitted my DS-260
2 - if you have your high school certificate you don't need to rely on employment at all

Ok so stressung out I may have missed a document for the interview do I need the Australian Citizen Certificate I am an Australian Citizen born here.

Freaking out interview is Tuesday

So exciting, not long now till the next numbers are released. I wonder if we will go current given that the max number is 1044. I’m hoping so as I’d like to aim for a July 4th activation trip.

So just going through the checklist for the interview this week. In Auckland we are required to send in the documents to the consulate prior to the interview so....

- Birth Certificates of all four of us (sent already)
- Translation of birth certificate for my wife (sent already)
- Marriage Cert (sent already)
- Medical (sent directly from the doctors)
- Police reports (sent already)
- Translation of police report for the wife (sent already)
- Proof of high school graduation (sent already)
- Photocopies of all the above (sent alrady)
- 2x photos of each of us (sent already)
- Print out of confirmation page (sent already)
- My CV (they said its optional but i sent it anyway)

Things i will bring to the interview that i haven't yet posted

- Passports
- Print out of appointment letter
- Courier bag (which they requested)
- Credit Card
- UK Police Report for myself (not sure i need it but bringing it anyway)
- Haka

Anything I am overlooking?

So just going through the checklist for the interview this week. In Auckland we are required to send in the documents to the consulate prior to the interview so....

- Birth Certificates of all four of us (sent already)
- Translation of birth certificate for my wife (sent already)
- Marriage Cert (sent already)
- Medical (sent directly from the doctors)
- Police reports (sent already)
- Translation of police report for the wife (sent already)
- Proof of high school graduation (sent already)
- Photocopies of all the above (sent alrady)
- 2x photos of each of us (sent already)
- Print out of confirmation page (sent already)
- My CV (they said its optional but i sent it anyway)

Things i will bring to the interview that i haven't yet posted

- Passports
- Print out of appointment letter
- Courier bag (which they requested)
- Credit Card
- UK Police Report for myself (not sure i need it but bringing it anyway)
- Haka

Anything I am overlooking?
Documents to support you not becoming a public charge - bank statements if you are supporting yourself or I-134 if you have someone to sponsor you

Oh yes, I also sent a copy of my bank balance signed by the bank to them. Hopefully that is sufficient.